Wonderful Copenhagen 2015 edition

I will be arriving at the Ocean Quay terminal via the Oceania Marina on 26 Jun 2015, a Saturday. I am trying to avoid having to take a taxi to the Wakeup Hotel Borgergade. I understand the #26 bus does not run on Saturdays. Do I have any other options?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Yes you have.

Take the special route 26 cruise shuttle to Østerport.

From here you can take the normal route 26 towards Ålholm Plads, get off at Dronningens Tværgade.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Dronningens+Tv%C3%A6rgade/Wakeup+Copenhagen,+Borgergade,+Borgergade/@55.6829228,12.5842534,18z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652531858c4221f:0x1b173aaab31e22cb!2m2!1d12.586685!2d55.683099!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525319b1b0f2af:0x70dfb512af0202a7!2m2!1d12.584104!2d55.682959!3e2

Danish Viking...THANK YOU for all your help and information.

I have read all the pages, but, now I can't remember where I saw some of the things I would like to know.

Will we need krones to use the train or taxi to get from the airport to our hotel?

Our hotel is the Absalon on Helgolandsgade, and it is one block from the train station, so is it a good idea to take the train from the airport with our luggage?

If so, how does that work? Is there a station at the airport to buy our tickets?

Is Tivoli a good place to visit if we are not going on rides? Is there enough to walk around and enjoy for most of a day? Are there other things in that area that we should see?

Once again, thanks for any assistance you can give us.

You can pay with credit cards or pay with cash at the ticket office at the airport.

Most of the trains has a low floor carriage in the middle of the train so its probably easier to get your luggage in there.

Your ship is docked at the Oceankaj terminal.

So to start with you have 2 options

Buy the Copenhagen Card from home and use the cruise shuttle to Østerport.

From here you take the regular bus 26 towards Ålholm Plads and get off at Kongens Nytorv.

Here you can start with a canal tour starting from around 09:00.

After you will have to kill some time because the church first opens at 11:00 (perhaps sooner in the summer months but I can´t see that on their website)

But when you are ready to go you just walk back to Kongens Nytorv but instead of taking the bus you go down and take the metro towards Vestamager or Lufthavnen.

You get off at the next stop Christianshavn from where you can walk to Vor Frelser Kirke in 3 minutes.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Christianshavn+st+(Metro),+K%C3%B8benhavn/Vor+Frelsers+Kirke,+Sankt+Ann%C3%A6+Gade+29,+1416+K%C3%B8benhavn/@55.6725629,12.5913674,18z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652533edabd88cd:0x34c2f0b3c2bf1d88!2m2!1d12.591385!2d55.672054!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525339463aedc9:0xc11801eab74fb42b!2m2!1d12.59421!2d55.672939!3e2

When you are done you take bus 2A towards Tingbjerg, Galvhusvej or 9A towards Glostrup, both from Christianshavns Torv above the metro station, both busses stops at Christiansborg.

Both busses continues to Tivoli and the central station, I can´t judge If there is time to visit Tivoli but if there is time or not you can get to the airport in 12 minutes time with the Øresund train.

Wow! Thank you sooooo much! That's incredible information you have provided. Your time is appreciated more than you know.:)

If any of you are planning on visiting Tivoli on a Friday then I call tell the dates for this years Fredags Rock concerts.

Its just a little info so you know if you should avoid Tivoli or go to Tivoli. :D

The good thing that you can get a icecold beer for only 15 kroner between 19:00 and 20:00.

All concerts starts at 22:00, when there are 2 acts the second artist starts at 22:00 and the first starts around 23:00.

10th of April - Outlandish and Ukendt Kunstner. (R&B, Hiphop)

17th of April - Loveshop (classic rock)

24th of April - Shaka Loveless (rap, Reggae, R&B)

1st of May (also a public holiday so expect alot of people) - Spids Nøgenhat (acid rock)

8th of May - Rasmus Walther and Stine Bramsen (pop)

15th of May - De Eneste To (pop/rock)

22th of May - Julias Moon and Scarlet Pleasure (pop)

29th of May - Gnags (classic Rock)

5th of June - Joey Moe (Hiphop, R&B)

12th of June - Marie Key (Pop)

19th of June - Jessie J (Pop, R&B)

26th of June - TV2 (Classic pop/rock)

3rd of July - Jamie Cullum & Tivolis Bigband (Jazz, singer/songwriter)

10th of July - Mads Langer (Pop, singer/songwriter)

17th of July - Topgunn and Barbara Moleko (Rap, R&B, pop, Hiphop)

24th of July - Snoop Dog

31st of July - Belle And Sebastian (indiepop)

7th of August - D.A.D (Disneyland After Dark) (Heavyrock)

14th of August - Kato (crap EDM music :p )

21st of August - Tina Dickow/Tina Dico (Pop, Folk)

28th of August - Lars H.U.G and Panamah (Pop)

4th of September - Offspring Festival (one day festival with several stages around Tivoli)

11th of September - Quadron (indiepop, electronica, neo soul, Jazz Rap)

18th of september - Suspekt (Hiphop, Rap)

Hello Danish Viking. Thank you for all your info. We will be arriving in your city on May 9 th from the serenade. We are staying at Cabin City and leaving for Frankfort in the am by train. My questions are best way / price to get from pier ( a Saturday) to hotel and then hotel to train. Thank you for help. Cathy

Are these the only concerts in Tivoli, we will be there on June 6 & 7 and my niece and nephew would certainly enjoy the experience if it was possible. Thanks:)

There are more concerts on other dates, Elton John, Tony Bennet and Lady Gaga etc but look for yourself.

http://www.tivoli.dk/en/musik/

Edited by Danish viking

Hello Danish Viking. Thank you for all your info. We will be arriving in your city on May 9 th from the serenade. We are staying at Cabin City and leaving for Frankfort in the am by train. My questions are best way / price to get from pier ( a Saturday) to hotel and then hotel to train. Thank you for help. Cathy

Cabinn City is located very close to the central station.

Most easy would be to take a taxi from the pier to the hotel but if you want to save some money there is option B :D

Take the cruise shuttle to Østerport and from here just take any southbound train and get off at the central station (København H).

https://www.google.dk/maps/place/Cabinn+City/@55.670932,12.570582,466m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x4652536cd58df8d1:0xb7b1e91f4c2d44d6

As you can see on the map you can save a few meters of walking by using the Tietgensgade bridge instead of walking up to the main hall.

When taking the train the next day you just use the same walking route.

There are more concerts on other dates, Elton John, Tony Bennet and Lady Gaga etc but look for yourself.

http://www.tivoli.dk/en/musik/

Thanks Danish Viking, I find there is a show of the revue Tam Tam on June 6, also the 2015 Champions League finals:D Football in Tivoli, do they have a stadium also or is it a different entrance? Would this mean there will be a terrible crush, also boisterous/rowdy football fans? If this is the case we might just give Tivoli a miss, would appreciate your input.

Thanks Danish Viking, I find there is a show of the revue Tam Tam on June 6, also the 2015 Champions League finals:D Football in Tivoli, do they have a stadium also or is it a different entrance? Would this mean there will be a terrible crush, also boisterous/rowdy football fans? If this is the case we might just give Tivoli a miss, would appreciate your input.

The Champions League Final this year is in Berlin. I think in Tivoli they will have big screens showing it. Probably have bars and food available

The Champions League Final this year is in Berlin. I think in Tivoli they will have big screens showing it. Probably have bars and food available

Thanks bigeck, that makes sense. I didn't think of big screens but immediately thought the game was going to be played there, how dumb can I get?!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

No no the champions league final is at the Olympiastadion in Berlin, it will just be on a big screen.

It is very cozy with people sitting on blankets with food and beer so no footbal hooligans :D

Danish Viking,

My wife and I are flying in on the 9th of September two days before our cruise departs. I've booked a room at the Hotel Danmark, because it looked centrally located to all the sites we want to see. Any comments on the hotel? Is there a map available that shows the bus routes in the area? I was planning on buying the 48 hour Copenhagen Card for getting from the airport to the hotel and then for buses and Metro, museums, canal tour, etc. Should I take the train or the Metro from the airport to the hotel?

Thanks for all the useful information!

Danish Viking,

My wife and I are flying in on the 9th of September two days before our cruise departs. I've booked a room at the Hotel Danmark, because it looked centrally located to all the sites we want to see. Any comments on the hotel? Is there a map available that shows the bus routes in the area? I was planning on buying the 48 hour Copenhagen Card for getting from the airport to the hotel and then for buses and Metro, museums, canal tour, etc. Should I take the train or the Metro from the airport to the hotel?

Thanks for all the useful information!

The hotel is located in walking distance from the central station.

As you can see on this map the closest bus stop are....

Stormbroen, Nationalmuseet: 1A, 2A, 9A, 26 and 40.

Glyptoteket: 1A, 2A, 9A and 40

Rådhuspladsen (one of several bus stops at that location): 12, 26 and 33.

https://www.google.dk/maps/place/Hotel+Danmark/@55.6740066,12.5736013,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x4652531235595179:0x2f89653334138d9a

Map of the nearby Rådhuspladsen with its many bus stops.

Your hotel is located on Vester Voldgade but its out off this map to the left.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/r%C3%A5dhuspladsen_dag.pdf

The hotel is located on the corner between Vester Voldgade and Stormgade, the dots marks a bus stop.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/kort/trafikkort/Documents/Hovedstadsomraadet/ByensNetCity.pdf

Edited by Danish viking

Hello everyone,

I have been researching hotels in Copenhagen for a while ...

I narrowed it down to Nyhavn area and the location of Nyhavn 71 is perfect but a triple room is coming close to $800 for June 15 for 2 night stay (especially since we are arriving real late on the 15th and pretty much just need the hotel for about 32 hours).

I was wondering if anyone has stayed in other hotels in Nyhavn and would recommend any of them. I like the canal and colorful buildings aligning it and have been playing around with google maps trying to find hotels along those buildings with not much luck.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jasmine

Edited by Jazzzy

What about bethel or Wake Up (the One at Borgergade) is not at Nyhavn but very close.

Hotel Bethel is not available. Says exceeds max occupancy.

Either they're booked due to the cruise or don't have triple occupancy rooms.

Is Wake up close to it? I suppose if there aren't any right on the canal close to it will have to be.

Thanks Danish Viking for your reply :)

Danish Viking

We booked the ac Bella sky. Thanks for your help.

Can you tell me how far this hotel is from the pier and what would a taxi cost and is the price per person or per taxi and about what would we tip

We will also need to know how far is the pier from the airport and what would a taxi cost or other option to get to the airport at the end of the cruise

There are four of us.

Danish Viking

We booked the ac Bella sky. Thanks for your help.

Can you tell me how far this hotel is from the pier and what would a taxi cost and is the price per person or per taxi and about what would we tip

We will also need to know how far is the pier from the airport and what would a taxi cost or other option to get to the airport at the end of the cruise

There are four of us.

A taxi to the pier is in the 300-350 range and for the pier to airport 350-400 kroner.

The price is always by car and absolutely no tipping is expected unless you pay by cash and get a small exchange back then its okay.

The other option is to pay for a 3 zone ticket that costs 36 kroner at the bus either 26 if its a Monday to Friday or the extra cruise shuttles.

Either way you will get off at Østerport station and from there you can get a train directly to the airport every 10th minute.

The trip by public transport will probably take around 40 minutes and taxi 20-30 minutes.