Oasis westbound TA credit

Received the credit vouchers on Saturday 27th. Called Monday and had them credited to a September cruise we had already booked. Called the regular booking number as there were no phone numbers on either the certificates or the accompanying letter. I had to be transferred to a different department.

1-800-256-6649 Corporate Guest Relations if anybody wants to save a step.

Wishing everyone a

Yappy Hew Near !!!!!

I just called RC.

Guy in Customer Relations apologised for the delay. He said the FCCs for us in the UK were posted in bulk to the UK office first. They had to then authorise the cerificates and then send them out to us. Obviously holidays will have got in the way.

Apparently this is all done so they are on their way.

He is also emailing me (I'm waiting) all the info and FCC numbers so that I can then call up or email and have them added.

All the best to everyone for 2015.

I just called RC.

Guy in Customer Relations apologised for the delay. He said the FCCs for us in the UK were posted in bulk to the UK office first. They had to then authorise the cerificates and then send them out to us. Obviously holidays will have got in the way.

Apparently this is all done so they are on their way.

He is also emailing me (I'm waiting) all the info and FCC numbers so that I can then call up or email and have them added.

All the best to everyone for 2015.

Update ...

All done and applied to a future cruise we had already booked but not yet paid for. Very easy!

Once you receive your FCCs in the post or via email (if you request them) you either call 01932 834 119 to have them added or email CustomerRelationsUK@RCCL.com and/or CustomerServiceUK@RCCL.com with all the details to have them added.

8 weeks and still nothing!

Are these going through TA or direct?

The go through the booking channel used for the sailing being credited. If you booked the Oasis TA with an agent they should have been sent to the agent, unless you instructed them otherwise.

UK bookings get 2 years to redeem while US bookings only get one year.

No one has yet been able to answer why that is, it was same with Quantum FCCs.

I can only think of 2 possibilities that I could speculate on and that would be the increased consumer protection you have in the UK and the other being related to the fact that deposits are non-refundable in the UK.

It would be interesting to get an actual reason though.

The go through the booking channel used for the sailing being credited. If you booked the Oasis TA with an agent they should have been sent to the agent, unless you instructed them otherwise.

That makes sense, I booked through a TA and still haven't got mine. Wanted to use it before I sail on Thursday. The cruise is over 100 nights, so it looks like I won't know even how much it'll be until April.

The FCCs from Quantum were not sent to our TA even though the letter they left us in the cabin said they would be.

Our FCCs came from Miami (we booked with US TA) to my UK home address (my room mate's also came to my home address in Scotland even though she lives in England).

A gent from Denmark who was on our QN sailing only got his FCC last week and his has the 2 years expiry rule.

Hi all...I am in Montreal, Canada & booked with RCI over phone. Received mine today. Dated stamped on envelope Dec. 26th. Amount given worked out to original price minus the Crown & anchor discount and then the 20% applied to that amount. Valid Till Dec. 15 1015. Happy New Year everyone!:)

What a nightmare. I've booked a cruise on the Anthem using an FCC. I thought I'd use the FCC from Oasis on it too. I was on the phone for 45 minutes :mad:. First I was told that I'd already used some of the Oasis FCC. No, it's a different FCC, sigh. Then I was told that the Oasis FCC was actually in euro's not sterling and the amount would £x. I argued and said, no I paid in sterling and the FCC is in sterling. Not only that, but the conversion rate they used was sooo wrong. She then said I should email the UK office with the FCC and ask them to do it. At this point I gave up. I'm off a 105 day cruise Thursday and I'll just book a new cruise when I get home. Who knows, maybe on the Ovation.

Vouchers arrived today (12th January). The value if in English pounds. Does anyone know if I can use these vouchers when booking on the RRCL American website?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think the US website is supposed to be 'residency' restricted. As the certificates can be applied to final payment and you are able to book and deposit on the US website they should be able to convert them to dollars for making a payment on the cruise.

I think using a US travel agent might work better, if you do not qualify for residency on the US website.

If you had booked your cruise on the US website, you should have received the FCC in US dollars.

Edited by MADflyer

RCCL are driving me crazy! :mad:

Still no certificate in my snail-mail. Why can't they send these things by email?? :confused:

Final payment for my Quantum cruise is next week. I really want to redeem this 20% off my TA cruise certificate with that cruise, otherwise I can not use it at all. I have two more cruises booked in 2016, but the certificate can only be used for cruises up to December 2015. My TA is trying to resolve this problem since more than a month, but RCCL in Frankfurt seems not to be interested at all to find a solution. It's really unnerving! :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Just tried to book a cruise on the Allure and asked if I could use the FCC. The UK travel agent told me, it cannot be applied, as the advertised cruise price already has a agent discount applied. Does this mean I can only use the FCC when booking through RCCL ?