7 day California coastal

shipsealand

A couple of notes...

You probably won't see much of the shoreline on that cruise except when entering/leaving ports. For a variety of reasons the ships generally cruise, like, 20 miles offshore.

Santa Barbara is a "tender" port, meaning that the ship does not dock. Rather, they anchor out and passengers travel to shore in the lifeboats. No problem in my opinion, but some cruisers don't care for this procedure.

But in any event, this sounds like an interesting cruise to me! :-)

I wouldn't mind doing this cruise' date=' but with the foreign port in Vancouver, rather than in Ensenada (which has become a stay-on-board port for me).[/quote']

Not enough time to do the California ports and Vancouver, but we have done 7 day RT that have gone to Canada during the Swine Flu. They did a few later on and those didn't sell too well. Thinking it was the time of year that did them in.

Going Northbound might be a bit rocky because you're going upstream against the Alaskan current. Sometimes it is smooth as glass and other times it's like a washboard.

The California Coastals out of San Francisco will sometimes port in Long Beach. If so, the Queen Mary is right there as is the free Passport bus. It goes to the Aquarium of the Pacific.

Edited by SadieN

We took this cruise this past Sept. It wasn't bad. The ocean was pretty calm.

We had a great time in SF, on a city tour, which included stopping at the GG Bridge.

In SB, the DH's played golf. Since we had been there recently, we 2 ladies went shopping. :)

We live in SD, but took this cruise to be with our friends. They went to the SD Zoo, and we took a harbor tour. Even though we live here, we hadn't seen all the ships.

Ensenada, we have been to many times, so we got off the ship to get some vanilla, and then enjoyed an empty ship.

We have taken the 2 wineries tour and it was nice.

Patti

I booked it too, just as soon as I heard about it. :)

I understand the prices are a lot higher now.

Patti

Yes they are :eek:...I booked as soon as the itinerary opened and our true aft cabins are almost $800.00 per cabin more now.

• 3 weeks later...

I did this last April on Celebrity...it's my favorite cruise to date!! It was amazing to sail in under the Golden Gate Bridge...overnight in SF...I just saw so many wonderful sights...would love to do it again...I missed out on booking the Jewel sailings...but am making up for it by doing Alaska instead...:)

How is the seven day California coastal doing LA, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, San Diego, Ensenada? Was it enjoyable? How were the seas, smooth, rough, etc?

I have done this cruise with Princess several times............depends on time of year as for rough seas etc...........I've had it be very clear and smooth and rocky........all depends.

It is a fun cruise

I have done this cruise with Princess several times............depends on time of year as for rough seas etc...........I've had it be very clear and smooth and rocky........all depends.

It is a fun cruise

I'd love to do this cruise, does anyone know when the "rough" seas are more likely than other times???

• 5 weeks later...

I love this cruise!! Im from California and this cruise is just a nice, no pressure break from it all...if I dont want to get off at the ports we don't..no pressure cause we have seen all the ports before..We are leaving again on a west coast cruise april 5th for the 4th time..LOVE IT!!