Need Help For Summer Cruises

newcastlegirl

Hello Everyone,

I have always cruised during off-peak times to save money. For 2015 I am unable to cruise during April or May so would like to see if I can do a summer cruise. I would really like to do the southern caribbean out of San Juan travelling to Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Thomas, St. Kitts and St. Maarten. Do prices ever go down for summer cruises and specifically the one mentioned. If anyone has cruised this itinerary, please let me know. Thanks.;)

Hello Everyone,

I have always cruised during off-peak times to save money. For 2015 I am unable to cruise during April or May so would like to see if I can do a summer cruise. I would really like to do the southern caribbean out of San Juan travelling to Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Thomas, St. Kitts and St. Maarten. Do prices ever go down for summer cruises and specifically the one mentioned. If anyone has cruised this itinerary, please let me know. Thanks.;)

I was on the Carnival Valor in early June, which did this route. The Carnival Liberty will take over in March 2015. I booked fairly late (less than 40 days beforehand) and I got a nice price. Your experience may be different.

A great many of the ships that sail Caribbean in fall/winter leave those itineraries and sail Alaska, Europe, Canada/New England. There are far fewer choices of cruise lines/ships in the late spring, summer and early fall months for Caribbean cruises.

I find that disappointing as my late DH and I loved sailing all year round to the Caribbean and enjoyed many summer cruises. I'd do them again if HAL would sail there in summer.

Edited by sail7seas