Live from the Emerald from Houston

Debe7ing

We are aboard the Emerald enjoying ourselves to the max! The cruise is completely sold out, and everyone seems quite happy with the cruise so far. Weather has been wonderful after a chilly departure from Houston (on time, no delays!). One of the most seamless departures/arrivals we have experienced in more than 32 cruises. Plenty of parking, excellent processing with security, straight to boarding cards and onboard within 30 minutes total.

No complaints, everyone seems very pleased, weather is totally cooperating and I think everyone I have spoken to is having a wonderful time!!!

For those interested in Seafood extravaganza, the Crab Shack is scheduled for Wed/Thur evenings, so get those reservations in ASAP to enjoy this not to be missed special. The ONLY complaint I have heard so far is that many primo shore excursions are sold out, so be sure to book your "must do's" in advance to ensure you get what you want.

Food, service and ship have been most accommodating and very smooth. Will keep you posted, but these past two sea days have been VERY relaxing and enjoyable!

Appreciate if you could please post who Maitre D' on Emerald is currently? Is it still Mario Propato or a new person? We like to keep Maitres D' List updated.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthreads.php?t=1978121

Thank you. Bon Voyage & Bon Apetit. Mario & Rose

YES, Mario is still aboard and doing a wonderful job. The food has been good....but we don't eat in the dining room much at all (in fact, can not remember the last time we did)....we opt for the speciality dining and grab something and take it to the balcony for dinner on the other nights from the food courts on 15. Food so far has been good everywhere we have eaten and I have not heard any complaints at all about availability/temp/quality. In fact, I was in line with another pax in the Calypso Court and we agreed that some people must have an AWESOME life if they can find fault with this cruise/experience, because we both agreed we have it pretty good at home and find this to be up to par for vacation experiences. The ONLY thing I have found "different" is the fresh brewed coffee at the International Court...but we fixed that easy going with double expresso with coffee topping it off. Good and strong the way I like it! To our amazement, we have found the ultimate drink card worth the money, since hubby likes his bloody mary's and beer, and we enjoy wine with dinner, we have found it pays for itself if you enjoy a bottle of wine each night with the 40% discount (hey, don't judge, we are ON vacation!!!!) LOL Just a tip for those of you interested! ;)

Edited by Debe7ing

Thank you Debe7ing for your good report. We are on the Emerald for the next sailing. I'm so glad you are having a great time and enjoyed reading about the Crab Shack. I hope you will post more reports. Enjoy your cruise and.......I can't wait to see the Emerald.

Edited by travelerbr

Thank you for ( finally ) someone giving some positive comments on the Emerald from Houston.We are on the Feb 1st sailing and looking forward to it. Emerald is one of our favorite ships..

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

eclue:

Thank you for info. Yes, we enjoy Mario as MDH & Emerald is one of our favourite ships. We can't ever understand why a person has reason to complain re food - we're blessed to be in the position to step on board a ship. Season's Greetings. There's always something to eat!!! Cheers! Mario & Rose.

I'm sailing in a few weeks. Glad to hear your cruise is going well. The reviews haven't been good and I was wondering what was going on.

Can you help with a couple of questions? When are the formal nights? What's the parking like at the Houston port area? i.e. Plenty of parking? Do they take credit cards?

Thanks.

I'm sailing in a few weeks. Glad to hear your cruise is going well. The reviews haven't been good and I was wondering what was going on.

Can you help with a couple of questions? When are the formal nights? What's the parking like at the Houston port area? i.e. Plenty of parking? Do they take credit cards?

Thanks.

You can find out about the Houston cruise parking here, including the ability to pre-pay.

http://www.bayportcruiseparking.com

Enjoy your cruise!

What's the parking like at the Houston port area? i.e. Plenty of parking? Do they take credit cards?

Thanks.

I agree with the other poster to go to the link for parking. If you pre-pay over the Internet, you save $5. If you pay when reaching the lot, they do take credit cards.

The parking lot is very close to the terminal. When reaching the lot, how full it will be depends on both how many of those sailing on NCL have parked there and how many for your cruise are already parked there.

When we arrived several weeks ago around 11 AM, there was plenty of parking still available. Friends who arrived around 1 PM had to park in an auxiliary lot and take a shuttle to the terminal.