7008 on Riviera

british betty

We have mostly sailed on Celebrity and have always tried to book an extended balcony if at all possible.

When we decided to try Oceania, I spent many hours scouring deck plans to see if their ships had them too, as some ships don't.

Right price for us / right itinerary for us / right dates for us and I do believe we've scored the right cabin for us :D

7008 on Riviera, am I right ?

We had 7126 on Riviera. This is an Aft cabin with extended balcony. We prefer the back of the ship as we think there is less movement than in forward cabins. The extended balcony was perfect. Do not be afraid to ask your steward or customer services desk for some sun loungers, there is plenty of room for them and they only supply two small chairs and a little table, as standard. They will bring the loungers jus for you and take them away again at the end of your cruise!!

Have a good cruise.

was my choice cabin, and we had it...until we got an upsell to a PH.

There will be a balcony depth divider to your right as you step out, so I should think that would protect you from the wind. Your divider is on the side that would get the wind as the ship moves forward.

PLUS, as the balcony angles inward, you should have a nice aft view as well.

I still want to get on a cruise in that stateroom...in retrospect, since our PH upsell was not in a great location, we wish we had stayed where we were!

7008 or 7009 are our preferred cabins. We sailed in 7009 through the Baltics 2 years ago and it was great and have 7008 booked for our upcoming Australia and NZ cruise in February. This is for Marina, but should be roughly the exact same thing. We asked for a lounger to replace one of the standard chairs and had no issues with that at all. It's quite large and you do have a fantastic aft view. Keep in mind that it's not completely covered so if you go past the "standard" part you will be under sky. Another cool thing is you can look up and see right into the Bridge. :)

The only downside is if it's blustery outside, the extended partition (in 7009 on Marina at least) would rattle quite a bit when the ship was at sea. I solved that by wedging some rolled up paper into it - nothing too bad, but could be enough to keep you awake if you are a light sleeper (me).

Hi Corpkid. We have cabin 7006 booked on the same voyage as you (Sydney to Aucklad).

I think this is an extended balcony also. Am I correct? Time is flying.... won't be long until we are all onboard. Excited!

Linda

Hey there! Can't wait for this cruise (total bucket list trip!). Yes indeed 7006 is an extended balcony - it's the one just forward of the 45 angle balcony we are talking about here. Instead of having the aft side be normal and the forward side be about 2x - your entire balcony is 2x! We'll be on the other side (in 7009) otherwise we'd be neighbors! :)

Love it- any pic of view from the cabin with the angled balcony would be great- booking the cabin on our next cruise.

Unfortunately I don't have one and can't find one online. You can't go wrong with this cabin so don't hesitate - they go fast. The real seller here is you sit out in the sun and look straight back down the rest of the ship. Pretty impressive. Most people we talked to thought those cabins were suites! :)

(PS - they used to be classified as B4 up until about 1 1/2 years ago - then they caught on and made them B3 - which is still a great deal!) The balcony cabins on the O class ships are quite spacious and well appointed for a cruise ship we feel.