2 day cruise on Freedom of the Seas on Jan. 30

Tiggercat

I won some contest and have now been invited to go on a free 2 day cruise on Freedom of the Seas on Jan. 30. Does anyone know what that actually entails? It said that I have a double occupancy stateroom but does not specify if it is a balcony or an inside. Also, would drinks be included in this??? I am trying to decide if it is worth the airfare to go. Sometimes free trips can cost you a lot of money! :)

I won some contest and have now been invited to go on a free 2 day cruise on Freedom of the Seas on Jan. 30. Does anyone know what that actually entails? It said that I have a double occupancy stateroom but does not specify if it is a balcony or an inside. Also, would drinks be included in this??? I am trying to decide if it is worth the airfare to go. Sometimes free trips can cost you a lot of money! :)

Everyone that entered that agent's contest was invited - not actually winners. The winners won trips to Germany to see Quantum while she was still in the shipyard.

Normally these post refurbishment cruises include alcohol. But if there are any paying passengers on board, it likely doesn't include drinks. The terms only state that parking and gratuities are paid for. Did you read the flyer that came with the invitation?

Everyone that entered that agent's contest was invited - not actually winners. The winners won trips to Germany to see Quantum while she was still in the shipyard.

Normally these post refurbishment cruises include alcohol. But if there are any paying passengers on board, it likely doesn't include drinks. The terms only state that parking and gratuities are paid for. Did you read the flyer that came with the invitation?

There were actually multiple contests which gave away this prize. One was a prize for everyone who entered the Germany contest. It wasn't the originally announced prize, but I certainly felt like a winner! Also, there was another contest offered later that these cabins were the main prize.

Good to know that these post-refurbs normally include alcohol, that is certainly a great perk. The impression that I got is that there will be no paying passengers on board. The flyer did say that tips and transfers or parking is included, which is great! I am assuming they won't come back and see we need to pay taxes or port charges, but they didn't explicitly say that.

I would love to hear more from ppl who have been on similar cruises. (i.e. do they run full activities? how are you assigned cabins? dining times? are their required workshops?)

I will be flying down from Boston and my guest from Arizona for the weekend!!

Looking forward to it.

• 3 weeks later...
Since it is a trade event with no paying passengers, would this apply? Aren't they all available?

Probably, but the more you've spent over time with the TA, the more likely you are to get a better room:)