Question re: Cancelling and Re-Booking

SlipperyP

I've never cancelled and re-booked before but am considering it in order to take advantage of the new NCL promo. I currently have a M4 cabin booked. When I check on-line, it says the category is sold out and there is no price listed. Is it possible to cancel and re-book my original category and cabin even though it is showing as sold out, or will I have to re-book to a different cabin?

Edited by SlipperyP

I've never cancelled and re-booked before but am considering it in order to take advantage of the new NCL promo. I currently have a M4 cabin booked. When I check on-line, it says the category is sold out and there is no price listed. Is it possible to cancel and re-book my original category and cabin even though it is showing as sold out, or will I have to re-book to a different cabin?

Hope your cruise is more than 90 days away to cancel and rebook without a

penalty and then apply the one or more of the 3 promo bonus perks.

I am caught in this quandary - cruise leaves in less than 20 days - way

past cancellation and full refund applied to new cruise.

Worse the cabin price has gone down $1000 (a suite) yes gone down $1000

and the 3 promos are only available for NEW bookings after 12/16.

A double wammy of customer service gone amok.

Hope that you fare better.

What is described in previous post has nothing to do with customer service going amok. Good customer service doesn't mean that customer should always get their way (last minute prices and current booking promos for an ages old reservation) - even though many nowadays think that.

There is always a wave sale why book early when you know there will be deals.

As for getting your cabin back if a category is sold out remember there may be gty sitting waiting to snap up the cabins.

I booked my cruise for May 2015 in June of 2014. The SJ suite I booked is $500 less p/p and I got a 10% OBC. I picked my location so I am exactly where I want to be. Unless I had planned to get the UDP the new promo is not a deal for me. If I intended to purchace the UBP I might be singing a different tune.

Had I waited I could take advantage of the OBC, UDP and UBP or I could even re-book now. Doing the math, I am better off with my early booking deal. Also I get 7 extra days on my Latitude points (due to booking over 9 months in advance).

Many reasons that early booking can be a benifit.

Edited by NH Cruisers

I just did exactly what you are asking. We are four in a suite who definitely will benefit from the free UDP (for all 4), and the free UBP (for 2 of us). We were intending to buy them closer to our sail date anyway. These two things alone are worth UDP=$600 & UBP=$760. I had to forfeit my original NCL $500 OBC, but I still get a $300 OBC. I called my TA & she warned me (as a previous poster mentioned) that I could lose my suite since they were sold out on our sailing. I told her to go ahead anyway since we were flexible with our dates & I could see online that the same cabins were available a week before and/or a week after the original booked date. I was actually quite nervous :confused:but she got on the phone with NCL & did her magic! So I saved $1160! I guess it's pretty much a crap shoot, but it worked for me.

Cheers,

Sandy.

...I am caught in this quandary - cruise leaves in less than 20 days - way

Why do people continue to call this a customer service issue?

Businesses have policies for a reason. Why do people not like things and then call it bad customer service?

AHHHHHHHH

I cancelled our 2/1 cruise and rebooked it to get the beverage package. We had a gty ocean view and had been assigned a cabin already. It cost me $309 total to do this. We decided not to try to get our cabin back and take the risk of a possible upgrade. We felt for two persons, $309 wasn't a bad deal for alcohol, soda,coffee and juices for the week.

Yes. You can lose your cabin selection. Happened to us on the Sun. We also lost a meal, wine package that came with the first booking, but knew that would happen. The new booking gave us a different cabin. The price difference was enough to make it very worth while though.

Hope your cruise is more than 90 days away to cancel and rebook without a

penalty and then apply the one or more of the 3 promo bonus perks.

I am caught in this quandary - cruise leaves in less than 20 days - way

I agree, make sure you are not too far out. We also booked a BTB in less then 30 days. Thought we would upgrade or at least me able to stay in the same cabin for the two weeks. Spent 3 different phone calls, three days, a supervisor and no luck for the same cabin. I didn't even care if we got the promotion, just would have liked the ease of not changing cabins. There were so many cabins available still. The supervisor was so rude. Told us we had to cancel, and rebook. We could not just pay for a upgrade or even downgrade. I never had this happen in the 7 years we have been cruising. Told us sorry, we would loose our whole payment in full and then rebook at the raised price....geezzzz....really? With so many cabins still available A very valuable lesson. And Yes It Was poor customer service....I didn't want something for nothing.

• 1 month later...

I booked our original reservation months ago but when I got the email about the promo offer; UBP, UDP, OBC for new bookings, I called and asked about it. We lucked out and kept everything about our original reservation including cabin and rate AND were able to add the UBP. The only about our reservation that changed was that we now have the UBP. We did have a $70 OBC but it was a no-brainer to trade that in for the UBP.

And, I've been checking rates periodically since we rebooked and watched them go down a bit twice now. So, I called again and they were able to cancel my reservation and then rebook it at the new published rate, saving me a few hundred overall. I'll be reluctant to do that beyond the 90-day mark unless it's a considerable price drop, but I keep watching every few days.

Thanks for the replies. Cabin selection is important to me as we are in adjoining cabins with my brother and want to keep it that way. We'll keep things as they are.

Thanks again!

Call NCL directly (especially if you have a good PCC) or your TA.

Tell them you "do NOT want to change your cabin or suite, but you want to change to the new fare + perks".

Your TA will have to get on the phone with NCL to do it this way, I suspect.

They should ("should"!) be able to arrange that without releasing the cabin assignment and start over again.

We've had this done several times, with no problem.

This is one of the things we've found is handled much better by using a good PCC rather than a TA.

GeezerCouple