new perks for mini-suite pax questions

39august

We just returned from the Golden and had a few of the new 'mini suite perks' onboard. The mattress is not as good as I had thought it would be but I can tell you it is the first time we didn't wake up with a back ache onboard, so it couldn't have been too bad. :)

We received a glass of champagne for each of us after reaching our cabin, in fact when I told the room steward that our coffee maker was his after the cruise he appeared with another glass for us both. ;)

We did not receive the new pillow menu or the duvet that is listed under the new perks. It really didn't surprise me since these perks actually aren't supposed to take effect until September.

The other thing we did receive were upgraded bathroom amenities, no more of those awful cardboard containers, they were very nice.

So, it seems they are putting these things in slowly and I am sure by sometime in September they will all be in place.

Just back from the Golden in a Mini - we are Elite.

Hard to differenciate between the Elitre and/or the Mini-Suite Perks......but

The only new perks I noticed was Glasses of.Champagne at arrival (more at your request if you ask) & tray of Hor Duerves..

And in addition each evening Hor'duerves were delivered, (choice of type and time) not just on Formal evenings.

Just what we needed - more food & before dinner yet! :eek: - Silly & unnecessary Perk IMO - (Choc. covered strawberries every night get old awfully fast)......

Bathroom Amenity Bottles instead of cardboard have always been provided for Elite....

Also, as Elite we have always had choice of Pillow menu (we did request extra feather pillows - but they were of poor quality as were the mattresses) - I had mattress toppers and had to request other toppers ON TOP - Linens and blankets were also very poor.

I know that some have said their mattresses were comfortable....maybe some mattresses were new in SOME of the Minis and Full suites - but not in all ??? Hard to believe??? Maybe I'm just the "Princess with the Pea" kind of gal???

We also got extra Ship board credit from Capt. Circle --but we had been receiving that Perk and I think its for Elite not the Minis ...

I don't know of any NEW Perks except for the nightly Hor'duerves :confused:

Where did you hear of the new Perks??? duvets & new linens & mattresses etc. for the beds - I haven't seen any announcements??

Oh yes - there was also a choice of Terry cloth or Light Cotton Robes....& the usual Princess Slippers.....again I think that's for Elite.. not ne, we've been receiving those Perks for years! :D

GotToCruise

Renee - Here's the thread discussing the new perks: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=214248

Here's the new perks:

New Suite and Mini-Suite Amenities

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got an email from Princess that details Suite and Mini-Suite Amenities as of September 2005.

They are:

For both suites and mini-suites:

Complimentary chanpagne at embarkation

Top of the range "Beautyrest" mattresses

Luxury 100% Egyptian cotton, high thread count ivory satin striped bed linens

Fluffy European Duvets

Pillow menu

Massage shower heads

Luxury towels

For Suite passengers, in addition

Combined DVD and CD player

Complimentary DVD library

Enhanced bathroom amenities

Halo illuminated magnifying vanity mirror

Princess Cruises toe bag

Umbrella

Complimentary use of the Lotus Spa Thermal suite depending upon availability.

beachlovergirl - Thank you - I hadn't received any announcement. The new Perks sound wonderful! We'll look forward to them on our next cruise....I can always count on this wonderful message board to keep me up to date.......

Renee

beachlovergirl - Thank you - I hadn't received any announcement. The new Perks sound wonderful! We'll look forward to them on our next cruise....I can always count on this wonderful message board to keep me up to date.......:D

Renee

Since we'll still be aboard the Pacific Princess on September 1st, I'm waiting to see all the perks magically appear. Yeh sure! :) We too got champagne upon boarding on July 26th, but I think it was an Elite perk, not a mini perk. And as Renee stated, all those extra hors' d'ouvres started showing up; told the steward he could have them. I DO NOT want to see another chocolate covered strawberry! :D Arlene

All we had were the glasses of champagne, that were delivered while we were out getting some lunch. Our mattresses definitely were not top-of-the-line Beautyrests. We had the upgraded Lotus Spa bath gel and shampoo/conditioner, something we normally ask our steward to provide but have been in our cabin when we arrived the last couple of times we've cruised.

Although I also don't feel the new mattress' are 'top of the line' Beautyrests, I have to admit, this was the first time I did not wake up with a back ache from a Princess mattress, so it can't be all bad. :D

Did your mattresses have inner springs? Ours did not. They were the old style. A Beautyrest would have springs, no?

Gotocruise, if we are ever on the same cruise, I'll be glad to "recycle" those "boring old chocolate covered strawberries" for you. No point in having that cluttering up your refrigerator. :)

:D :D :D - Not boring - Just too much everyday right before dinner!! Kathy, Just knock on my cabin door - (it's the one with the CC Door Sign) I'll be happy to pass on the tray!!!

Renee

jclark, Arlene simply stated she has eaten a lot of chocolate covered strawberries as she has spent many days on a cruise. She has had so many that they no longer appeal to her. Your statement was completely out of line and rude. She was not complaining about anything. Now I would call a complaint something you posted on the boards which I copied and pasted. The next 2 paragraphs are your post. This is what a complaint looks like!

I too was on your cruise and could not agree with you more about the quality of food that I experienced on the Diamond Princess. It clearly did not meet my expectations. Aside from the quality issue, one was lucky if your food was still luke warm by the time it reached your table. Secondly, the food at the Horizon Cafe had the same problem. Needless to say, I was not impressed by the food whatsoever.

Will it stop me from cruising Princess in the future? No. Celebrity has Princess beat my a mile when it comes to food quality, as well as service overall.

Just wondering, are you a happy person? You seem to complain about the most mundane of issues. It may be that you spend too much time on a cruise ship.

Get a life!

Hey You! (jclarkeusa)

Arlene (ArleneMilt) is about the HAPPIEST person you'd every want to meet! She is wonderfully bright and witty! Her life is full and busy when NOT on a cruiseship - You should be so happy!

What is it lately with these (nasty) comments :confused: - are you related to shecruise???

The other thing we did receive were upgraded bathroom amenities, no more of those awful cardboard containers, they were very nice.
Are you saying that the bottled bathroom amenities are an upgrade? That's what they mean by 'enhanced bathroom amenities' or do full suites get something better?

Toto, by any chance did your mini-suite have new, differently-patterned carpeting? I recall a mini-suite on my deck which I occasionally passed while the steward was inside and it had different carpet with what looked like a palm-leaf pattern and what I thought to be new comforters. I never stopped to stare but I did think that maybe it was a part of the enhancements.

Did your room have any of those things?

Thanks.

Just wondering, are you a happy person? You seem to complain about the most mundane of issues. It may be that you spend too much time on a cruise ship.

Get a life!

Me, not a happy person? Me, a complainer? You my friend either need glasses or a lesson in reading comprehension. Actually, a friend of mine

YOU ARE NOT!

Arlene

Archived