Maasdam Lower Promenada deck

Howasaur

We have been offered H379 outside room (obstructed view). We were first assigned 4th deck inside room j784 then MM1952 and now this room on Deck 6 located near back Is this a good offer of a upgrade to deck 6

Edited by Howasaur

The two things I don't like about the H379 cabin are that it is slightly smaller than the J784 cabin, and that it is under the galley. There may be overhead noise at night. It is near the back of the galley, however, so there may not be much noise in that area. The "up" side of the location is that it's easy to get outside quickly. That is a big plus.

I couldn't find an MM cabin with the number you posted, but I would prefer the J-cabin over the area where the MM cabins are.

We just got off Maasdam, had an H room but in the bow, #306. H is partially obstructed. You will be able to see the sea looking across the walk-around deck outside your window. You will have a better view looing in one direction than the other direction.

You will want to keep your curtains closed in the evening/night so that folks outside your window can't see in. The windows are coated with a reflective coating and work well for keeping people from seeing in during the day.

As Ruth indicated, the room is bit small than a J, actually shorter in length so you will only have a 2 seat loveseat instead of a 3 seat couch.

#379 is mid-ship and will have a nice ride. MM 821 is quite far aft and might have engine noise and vibration.

Happy deciding! m--

Some people are bothered by others walking by outside, but we are not, and have chosen five LP cabins on S or R ships. Passer-bys can not see in, day or night, and the noise from outside is minimal ... but as RuthC said, noise above could be a problem. We have not had a cabin in the area of 379, and can't say for certain.

Even though they may be smaller than a J cabin, to us anything with a window is better than one without. We would choose the H ... but bring earplugs in case! :)

Edited by jtl513

We are on the same cruise. We had originally booked EE387 (4 doors away) but after chatting with a HAL rep he looked into it for me. He said that it would have galley noise and recommended I switch to a different cabin.

How are you getting your upsell offers? Did you initiate them or did HAL call you? We haven't had any offers so just wondering.

The two things I don't like about the H379 cabin are that it is slightly smaller than the J784 cabin, and that it is under the galley. There may be overhead noise at night. It is near the back of the galley, however, so there may not be much noise in that area. The "up" side of the location is that it's easy to get outside quickly. That is a big plus.

I couldn't find an MM cabin with the number you posted, but I would prefer the J-cabin over the area where the MM cabins are.

RuthC,

Your detailed knowledge of all things HAL amazes me, please keep posting.

RuthC,

Your detailed knowledge of all things HAL amazes me, please keep posting.

Thank you for saying that :), but let me correct the "all" things HAL part a little.

When it comes to the "bargain basement" cabins, I am well acquainted with the territory. I live there a lot!

But I will stay away from talking about most things in the "rarefied air". Although I have done my share of visiting up there, and can answer some things, I wouldn't presume to try to help with most questions about those cabins.

Anybody ever been in cabin #J565A? On our last cruise we booked this on board through the future cruise people and where told after the last dry dock this cabin was enlarged. We normally book inside cabins so we can cruise more. We don't spend much time in our cabin, only in the evening to change for dinner.

Allan & Marlane

Anybody ever been in cabin #J565A?

What do you want to know about it?

I've never stayed in that cabin, but based on my knowledge of the other J-cabins along there, and the area of the ship in general, I would be happy there. It's very close to the forward elevators. Since there's no mid-ship elevator bank on this ship, it's nice to be right near one elevator bank or the other. It cuts down on the back-tracking that a more mid-ship cabin demands, while still giving a mid-ship kind of ride.

Hi Riversedge: Our TA would call us. I hadn't initiated anything. So for this cruise we started with a Guarantee room then they assigned two others our choice then deck 6 H379. She mentioned the possibility of some noise but on our last cruise we next to the area they were loading up all the luggage for next day departure from the ship and it was a real issue