Xbox on board?

amsred2

We were able to hook up a PS3 to the standard flat screen TVs by messing around in back. This was 2 Christmas's ago.

Gamers do this all the time. But, OP, you really want to lug an Xbox around? If you're flying into port that might cost you more in extra luggage fees than the Xbox is worth. Get him a tablet and let him down load apps and spend $$$$ for on line connection.

the remotes do not have the capacity to changed the settings.

Sorry but you will have to leave the X box home.

With your cruises you have taken-- was he bored on those?

My husband is obsessed with x box one. he wanted to find a way to bring his but I told him that would be a big problem for me which would be a big problem for him lol. he plays far too much already when we are home. Not wasting our money and spending the whole cruise in the room playing the game

Sailing on the Carnival Miracle for six days on January 4th. DH is not excited about THREE sea days so he wants to bring an xbox in case he gets bored. Does anyone know if you can hook one up to the stateroom TV's?

Two cruises ago, we left from Tampa on the Legend. Our group included our 16 year old grandson, who has minor CP and needs to retire to the room a lot. Carol and I had an adjoining rooms with his parents/sister. One room had a flat screen and that TV was able to accomodate his gaming requirements as he rested in the room. I think it is hit or miss depending on the TV type, brand and whether the remote has the right buttons.

Why would she send her husband to Camp Carnival?

I'm pretty sure it was a joke...

Yes, it was. A better post should have been why would he get bored on sea days. You can always find something to do. You are on vacation, you know. Just relaxing up on deck is even better than sitting in you room.

And I still wouldn't take the x box. Too much to pack and hassle with.

My husband is obsessed with x box one. he wanted to find a way to bring his but I told him that would be a big problem for me which would be a big problem for him lol. he plays far too much already when we are home. Not wasting our money and spending the whole cruise in the room playing the game

I had friends who allowed their teen boys to take theirs- needless to say the kids stayed in the room-- were bored out on the ship because theycouldnt find anything to do. Called room service multiple times.

No way-- if my kids were on vacation the video games and electronics stayed home-- get out and get your own pizza-- NO calling room service.

It was quite sad to pay that kind of money to sit in a room and play games.

Maybe I can see playing while YOU are getting ready for dinner.

This is for the 360, and kinda spendy... But more sleuthing may find something that works [ATTACH]334520[/ATTACH]

This case with a tv in it is what my son has. He is in the military and it make it convenient for him to take along his xbox. My fiance is taking his playstation Vita along to play while we cruise.

Edited by mrstriceasnice

Thanks for the comments. DH was in the Navy for 23 years so he's not too keen on sea days. Can't say I blame him since I am sort of dragging him along. I love roaming the ship and doing/seeing all the sea day stuff and his idea of a relaxing day IS kicking back and watching video games or watching TV. It's perfect since we both enjoy going to the dining room and the nightlife.

Sailing on the Carnival Miracle for six days on January 4th. DH is not excited about THREE sea days so he wants to bring an xbox in case he gets bored. Does anyone know if you can hook one up to the stateroom TV's?

Ask your DH and report back:

1) What kind of Xbox? (original, 360 or the Xbox One)

2) What games does he like to play?

3) Is he expecting internet access for the Xbox (cause it will be sloooow and Expensiiiiiive if he does)

I can help if I know the above ( I have an Xbox One myself, am a gamer chick hee hee )

Edited by AnonomissX
Truth, Justice and clarity

Just one word -- "WOW".

Everyone's idea of a vacation is different. Some people want to be entertained and some want to lay by a pool. Someone playing a video game for a little bit is no different then someone sitting reading a book. I wouldn't bother bringing a game system but I can see that some people may want to play games in their down time.

I say "wow" to all the people that think their idea of a vacation is the only right one.

You can play the why game all day long. Why go on a cruise to lay by the pool when I have my own. Why go on a cruise to gamble when Vegas is better. Why go on a cruise for shows when nyc has Broadway. Why go on a cruise to play video games.

Why? Because that is someone's idea of a good vacation. Just because it isn't yours or mine doesn't mean it's wrong.

I say "wow" to all the people that think their idea of a vacation is the only right one.

Why? Because that is someone's idea of a good vacation. Just because it isn't yours or mine doesn't mean it's wrong.

Just one word -- "AMEN".

Everyone's idea of a vacation is different. Some people want to be entertained and some want to lay by a pool. Someone playing a video game for a little bit is no different then someone sitting reading a book. I wouldn't bother bringing a game system but I can see that some people may want to play games in their down time.

You can play the why game all day long. Why go on a cruise to lay by the pool when I have my own. Why go on a cruise to gamble when Vegas is better. Why go on a cruise for shows when nyc has Broadway. Why go on a cruise to play video games.

One of the best posts I've read on CC.

What the heck, you know you're on Cruise Critic right?

There's really no room here for a "Voice of Reason" or even worse "Live and Let Live"

Edited by WpgCruise

Ask your DH and report back:

1) What kind of Xbox? (original, 360 or the Xbox One)

2) What games does he like to play?

3) Is he expecting internet access for the Xbox (cause it will be sloooow and Expensiiiiiive if he does)

I can help if I know the above ( I have an Xbox One myself, am a gamer chick hee hee )

1. Xbox 360 (my teenagers((who we are leaving behind)) get to keep the xbox one). As a surprise though, he is getting some original PlayStation favorites for Christmas so he may want to take the PS3.

2. Lego Star wars (or lego indiana jones or lego harry potter...see a theme?), Laura Croft, or any FPS.

3. No...he will not play (cuz I wont pay) games with internet.