Warning- ParkNCruise at Canaveral

Sports Dr

Ahh...since thread originated in the Royal Caribbean section on a Royal Caribbean thread, naturally most would have assumed you meant Royal's Liberty of the Seas which sails from Ft. Lauderdale. Royal's Freedom of the Seas indeed sails year round from Port Canaveral and has done so for years. Looks like the mods moved this thread to the Florida departure ports section. :eek:

I realized this morning that I was posting on the Royal Caribbean board not Carnival. We sail both lines and usually sail from Pt Canaveral. I was talking about Carnival Liberty and it is the same situation with Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas with Park n Cruise.

We were among the first off the ship (Carnival Liberty) and were out where the shuttles were lined up and that was about 8AM. We were able to board very quickly and were taken back to the parking lot. We had to wait while the employees unloaded the luggage and brought the cars around before we could leave the lot.

Also, Carnival does have Diamond and Platinum levels too. There is a huge difference in the benefits though. Sorry to have made such a fool of myself. I guess that's what happens when one gets old!

I realized this morning that I was posting on the Royal Caribbean board not Carnival. We sail both lines and usually sail from Pt Canaveral. I was talking about Carnival Liberty and it is the same situation with Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas with Park n Cruise.

We were among the first off the ship (Carnival Liberty) and were out where the shuttles were lined up and that was about 8AM. We were able to board very quickly and were taken back to the parking lot. We had to wait while the employees unloaded the luggage and brought the cars around before we could leave the lot.

Also, Carnival does have Diamond and Platinum levels too. There is a huge difference in the benefits though. Sorry to have made such a fool of myself. I guess that's what happens when one gets old!

Gosh, no....you did not make a fool of yourself! I was just confused at the reference to Liberty and Freedom. I am sure we are not the only ones that get confused at the "logic" from Royal and Carnival to name their ships the same. Especially four of them sailing from Florida. How original!! :eek: :rolleyes: and then name their loyalty levels the same. Wonder which came first...the chicken or the egg? :p :p

BTW: Used Park n Cruise over NYE and had no problems, except for long wait to board one of only two shuttles running during disembarkation. Then the driver stuffed the van to the gills, and left a lot of upset people behind too. Back at the lot, we saw 6 or 7 shuttles sitting parked and idle outside of the lot that they were not using. Very few cars in the lot compared to the nut house of stuffed in vehicles during our 12/4 cruise. Also, no wait time to get into the lot on sail away day. 12/4 had a sign that would not let cars in until 10:45. It was not there this time during our 12/29 cruise as pax could come in whenever they wanted, plus you park your own car and keep the keys, rather than valet. Huge difference from two weeks ago. Hope they keep it that way!

Edited by island lady

Just want to let you all know we had a great experience using Park N Cruise this past week. Pulled right into the lot just after 11:00 AM, parked my car and kept the keys. Easy on, easy off with the shuttle ready on our return trip right outside Terminal 1.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

I was just coming to post a warning as well.

Our problem is not the early arrival but now there are no shuttles after 11:30 until 1pm. We were told that is only for RCL and due to longshoremen having to take a lunch break. Huh!! Don't the longshoremen for the other cruise lines take lunch:rolleyes:

Anyway, we usually arrive around Noon so sitting in their parking lot for an hour does not work for us. In the past they ran shuttles continuously not every half hour.

They said if there are no backups during that time they will take us over. Who wants to take that chance.

We have used them for years . Time for a change.

Edited by molly361

I forgot to add that the shuttle we took last month to the RCL terminal also took folks to Disney AND Carnival

In the past there were separate shuttles for each cruise line. I don't know if that is another change with them or not.

It appeared last month that Park N Cruise has cut down on their staff.