How late can you transfer a booking to a TA?

I was just wondering if you book a cruise on your own, how close to sailing can you transfer it to a TA? (or maybe you can only do that if you book onboard?)

I love my TA and would like her to have the commission, but I also love being able to call RCI right away myself when I see a price drop and not having to be worried about not getting it because it is after hours or a weekend.

Maybe this can't even be done, but you never know until you ask!

Merry Christmas to all of you and your families.:)

Melissa

Edited by Maybaybie10

Yes, you have 60 days after booking your cruise to transfer the reservation to a travel agent. You cannot transfer the reservation once you have made final payment or final payment date has passed. (i.e., if you book after final payment date)

• 4 weeks later...
When you say the booking cannot be transferred, does this mean if the booking is over 60 days there isn't anything that can be done by TA and pricing/OBC will be lost because we would need to rebook?

Thanks

Mary

If the booking was over 60 days old yet before final payment you could cancel and rebook. You could then transfer the new booking to he TA but your new booking would be priced at current rates and you would lose any of he OBC that you had on the previous booking.

When you say the booking cannot be transferred, does this mean if the booking is over 60 days there isn't anything that can be done by TA and pricing/OBC will be lost because we would need to rebook?

Thanks

Mary

Correct, a booking over 60 days old cannot be transferred. You would have to cancel and rebook, possibly losing promos and having to pay current prices.