Question about the steakhouse

jesscruiser

Need opinions! Is the steakhouse food comparable to that of a fine dining restaurant or more like an outback ( not saying that in a negative way cause I do love outback lol). Just wanted to know what to expect. Didn't want to expect Wolfgang or 32 when it is more along the lines of longhorn or outback. Going to eat there either way lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Need opinions! Is the steakhouse food comparable to that of a fine dining restaurant or more like an outback ( not saying that in a negative way cause I do love outback lol). Just wanted to know what to expect. Didn't want to expect Wolfgang or 32 when it is more along the lines of longhorn or outback. Going to eat there either way lol.

Much much better than an Outback or Longhorn.

We ate there twice on the last cruise.

Yep I plan on trying it no matter what, I was just wondering what to expect! Thanks guys! .......on another note , how is the wine?

If you are talking about the free bottle they give you the first night thought the chardonnay was worth what we paid for it. Awful.

Friends we were with that night did like the merlot.

WELL above Outback or Longhorn. But not quite Ruth Chris.

DEFINITELY worth the $35pp charge. One of the best steaks I have ever eaten.

Try it at least once. Yummy!:D:D

Enjoy!

Especially if you do it the 1st or 2nd nite, you get free bottle of wine. Merlot was ok. It is not Romanee-conti!

Edited by texast518

We leave in 2 days on the Liberty and have booked the first nite and New Years Eve. I think it's a nice getaway from the hassle and bussel of the main dinning room. I think it's well worth the money. The wasabi mashed potatos are the best I every had. Steaks are not on par with upper steak houses. One draw back is they cook everything with electric verses gas fired ovens and grills. However We have been to one every cruise( we're platinum ) . I would recommend you give it a try.

If you are talking about the free bottle they give you the first night thought the chardonnay was worth what we paid for it. Awful.

Friends we were with that night did like the merlot.

I wasn't talking about the free wine specifically, but good to know that the merlot was ok. I really was wondering if carnival had a good selection of wines available.

I wasn't talking about the free wine specifically, but good to know that the merlot was ok. I really was wondering if carnival had a good selection of wines available.

The wines are extremely over-priced, although we have found wine that we consider very good on board- bring your own to solve this issue.

Our one experience at the Steak House on the Miracle was great; service was especially nice compared to the MDR (MDR service was not bad, just seemed more rushed). Be warned that certain ships, especially Dream class, may be fully booked by the first night for the best times for the whole cruise. Book early if you want a special night and time.

Food quality is better than Outback and Longhorn and it does approach Ruth's IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If people consider the Carnival steakhouses to be on par with Outback or Longhorn, I wish I had an Outback or Longhorn of that quality near me! The filets I've had in the steakhouses are on par with Capital Grille and other higher-end chains, but maybe not super-high-end privately owned restaurants. They're also considerably cheaper, since you'll pay well over $35 per person for an appetizer, salad, filet mignon entree with sides, dessert, and tip at pretty much any restaurant out there. And I agree, the wasabi mashed potatoes are the best mashed potatoes that I've ever had!

The atmosphere at the steakhouse on the ship is much nicer and quieter than what you'd expect at Outback or Longhorn. Also, it's nice to at least once during the cruise have a quiet dinner without the waiters singing and dancing around the dining room. That alone is worth the extra cost. The steaks are pretty good, but I usually go for the seafood. The sea bass is excellent! If you love seafood, I highly recommend it.

If people consider the Carnival steakhouses to be on par with Outback or Longhorn, I wish I had an Outback or Longhorn of that quality near me! The filets I've had in the steakhouses are on par with Capital Grille and other higher-end chains, but maybe not super-high-end privately owned restaurants. They're also considerably cheaper, since you'll pay well over $35 per person for an appetizer, salad, filet mignon entree with sides, dessert, and tip at pretty much any restaurant out there. And I agree, the wasabi mashed potatoes are the best mashed potatoes that I've ever had!

Food is good but remember you are paying $ 35 on top of a very nice meal you have already paid for in the DR.

Based on equipment they use on the ship do not think it is possible to get a steak as good as ones we have had at Capital Grille.

Food is good but remember you are paying $ 35 on top of a very nice meal you have already paid for in the DR.

Based on equipment they use on the ship do not think it is possible to get a steak as good as ones we have had at Capital Grille.

Maybe a very nice meal in the mdr, maybe not, either way the "on top of" $35 is a small cost given the circumstances of the steakhouse being the high end place on board.

Way better than mid level steak joints like outback.

The ship steakhouse doesn't even come close to a Ruth's Chris.

Especially with regards to price.

My last carnival steakhouse visit my steak was better than my last visit to ruth chris. Ruth overcooked my last steak and when I mentioned it they seemed to suggest I was mistaken. Oh well. I will be going back to carnival but not ruth's

Especially with regards to price.

My last carnival steakhouse visit my steak was better than my last visit to ruth chris. Ruth overcooked my last steak and when I mentioned it they seemed to suggest I was mistaken. Oh well. I will be going back to carnival but not ruth's

Yeah the last time I ate at Ruth's it was okay. Wolfgang was a different story. It was so good I ate there again twice that week.!