So what happens if...

SunshineCruiser24

I asked carnival this, when I booked my gty. They told me 1a is not part of the gty, I would not end up with one of those.

That would be awesome. Looking at a killer deal for a GTY in January but my cruise buddy is too tall and I'm too wide. I can deal with almost anything in a cabin. Crappy location, super noisy, just need a bed.

hi friend glad you are back! I want to cruise with you!

I think after Sunshine's review of the cruise with the ex, she will never want for a room mate again - a whole lot of us would love to travel with her. Of course, she'd have to weed out the crazies among us ;):)

Edited by bcd2010

With a GTY is it possible that you're moved up a category? From like interior to ocean view?

Yes, it is possible to be assigned an upgrade from your guaranteed cabin category.

Edited by tncap

I asked carnival this, when I booked my gty. They told me 1a is not part of the gty, I would not end up with one of those.

It definitely IS possible, but not overly probable.

When booking a guarantee, the text will advise that a 1A (upper/lower) is part of the 'mix'.

Hi :-)

January seems to be where it's at, price wise!

With a GTY is it possible that you're moved up a category? From like interior to ocean view?

Not likely since they also sell gty ocean view and people purchase last minute upgrades, freeing up lowest categories. You are far more likely to get a less desirable cabin in your select category than an free upgrade due to overbooking.

I've booked inside GTY many, many times, and have never been assigned a 1A cabin. Almost always a 4A, regular inside, but occasionally I'll get an upgrade. I've been assigned just about every cat cabin, up to, and including an Ocean Suite when paying for an inside GTY. :cool: Good luck, and see y'all aboard.

"SKY"

We always sail in early Dec or January for their great rates! Yes, I want to cruise with you too and wanted to tell you on your review that I really admire your love of adventure and getting out on your own and doing excursions! I would never think of doing that..Happy cruising and sure hope to find you on a future cruise! Your question I have no idea, just wanted to say hi.

Shirley

You can book a guarantee that starts at any level you like. (even balconies)

The Carnival guarantees I have booked were 4A minimum. That means I would never receive a 1A cabin.

Side point, I have never received a 4A cabin. The guarantee system has always given me something higher. NEVER lower.

My TA never books 1A guarantees, whether they are 'in the mix' or not.

Stupid question ... what is GTY?

"GTY" stands for guarantee...meaning, instead of choosing a specific cabin, you are getting a price break by getting a guaranteed cabin class (inside, oceanview, balcony, ect) and you will get at LEAST a cabin in that class. You have no control on location, so you can be assigned by the cruise line a cabin anywhere on the ship, so no complaining that you got the back of the ship under the lido deck or by the elevator :p

"GTY" stands for guarantee...meaning, instead of choosing a specific cabin, you are getting a price break by getting a guaranteed cabin class (inside, oceanview, balcony, ect) and you will get at LEAST a cabin in that class. You have no control on location, so you can be assigned by the cruise line a cabin anywhere on the ship, so no complaining that you got the back of the ship under the lido deck or by the elevator :p

Thank you!

I was always solo....mostly 1a's, when pals realized it was a gr8 deal, we did 4a's..hvnt been in a 1a in the last 40 or so w/CCL..or other lines....as a Diamond since the onset of the new levels, I have ugss most of the time..balcs to is 4a..life is good on a ship !!!

This has happened, because it happened to me & the hubby. Steward put a roll away up every night. Worked for us. :p