frustrated with new promo

cruizecrazygramma

I see that the UBP is being offered free for new bookings. How frustrating when you book early and prices go down plus you get free UBP for booking a month from sailing. :mad My job doesn't give me the freedom to book late.

You could book your NEXT cruise now while the UBP is being offered. That would be booking early!

I won't ever book NCL early again. If I can't get on, I just won't go. I've had my booking a year and 10 cabins are still available and the drops and promos are coming hard and fast and they won't five me OBC. Won't happen again. I'll book Carnival Early Saver from now in.

I won't ever book NCL early again. If I can't get on, I just won't go. I've had my booking a year and 10 cabins are still available and the drops and promos are coming hard and fast and they won't five me OBC. Won't happen again. I'll book Carnival Early Saver from now in.

Have a nice time on carnival

Quit your job. Problem solved.

Have a nice time on carnival

What happened to NCL being the nicest cruise forum:confused:

To the OP

you can always cancel and rebook outside of final payment date

I feel your pain, I booked one day before the sale (payment had not even gone thru yet), and decided to do a BTB, they won't let us stay in the same cabin, OR, pay for upgrade to be able to stay in the same rooms even with multiple and lots of cabins to make it happen. TA and NCL kept telling us to call back. After 3 phone calls, over 2 weeks and a average of 1.5 hours each call, I am really disappointed. We sail in less then two weeks, just want to make it easier on us without the packing up, getting off and re embarking. First time we have not been treated with a offer for a solution and a happy compromise and ending even though we might have had to pay more.....

I see that the UBP is being offered free for new bookings. How frustrating when you book early and prices go down plus you get free UBP for booking a month from sailing. :mad My job doesn't give me the freedom to book late.

I hear ya! Fortunately we have just moved to Dallas and now do not have to fly to a port, hence we can do last minute! But you could always book a decently priced flight to fort Lauderdale or Miami on a date where there are a lot of ships in port doing the length of cruise you want, and then just book the cruise last minute. Hopefully you get the one you want, but if not you have other options. You have to be pretty flexible about what ship, itinerary, etc but I've heard of people doing this!

OP, have you changed your mind since you posted this earlier?

"Its a roll of the dice, be happy with what you book when you book it and people need to stop asking for things they arents entitled to. its just ends up costing everybody in the end."

You will also find some people that booked early, and the price went way up. Stuff happens.

Until the day NCL calls and asks you what they need to do to give you the lowest price possible that fits your lifestyle, you will have to go with what is offered.

If getting a specific room is important then book early. If you just want a certain category then just take the time off of work and if the prices don't ever get to what you want to pay then have a Staycation and lounge around the house.

That is what we did one year and got the price we wanted less than a month from embarkation. Our next cruise we booked 14 months out. It has been sold out for months and if it was available it would cost us over 2k more for the room.

I hope I don't come across as offensive to you but if the price of your cruise had gone up do you think they should charge you the higher price? If your answer is no then don't you think that kind of makes you a hypocrite?....just saying.

I know we all want the best deal we can get and if it is outside final payment date then do so. Chances are you will lose perks you had so if those are important to you then you have to decide price or perks. If it is inside final payment date then you are being completely unfair to NCL as it is clear in your agreement about changes after final payment date.

Good luck with your future cruises. All I have said above is my opinion and suggestions. If you agree wonderful and if you don't that is fine too.

I feel your pain, I booked one day before the sale (payment had not even gone thru yet), and decided to do a BTB, they won't let us stay in the same cabin, OR, pay for upgrade to be able to stay in the same rooms even with multiple and lots of cabins to make it happen. TA and NCL kept telling us to call back. After 3 phone calls, over 2 weeks and a average of 1.5 hours each call, I am really disappointed. We sail in less then two weeks, just want to make it easier on us without the packing up, getting off and re embarking. First time we have not been treated with a offer for a solution and a happy compromise and ending even though we might have had to pay more.....

You will not have to get off and reimbark. You will have to pack up, but the room steward will have your bags moved for you. You'll get a new cruise card. That's it.

Have you offered to give up the cabin assignment you already have for one that is still open for both b2b? You cannot expect the druuseline to move someone else to another cabin who has already booked.

I hear ya! Fortunately we have just moved to Dallas and now do not have to fly to a port, hence we can do last minute! But you could always book a decently priced flight to fort Lauderdale or Miami on a date where there are a lot of ships in port doing the length of cruise you want, and then just book the cruise last minute. Hopefully you get the one you want, but if not you have other options. You have to be pretty flexible about what ship, itinerary, etc but I've heard of people doing this!

If you were so upset at not being able to keep the same room, why book in the first place when you knew you couldn't??