Afternoon dessert buffet? Pavlova?

ClairetoCruise

Last time I was on Princess it was, but that was a while back now, and in Australia, and after all we invented it regardless of what the Kiwi's try to say. I had it at least once, sometimes more than once, a day always with ice Cream though.

Last time I was on Princess it was, but that was a while back now, and in Australia, and after all we invented it regardless of what the Kiwi's try to say. I had it at least once, sometimes more than once, a day always with ice Cream though.

GUT2407,

Same for us. DH will finish most days with ice cream.

We take double helpings anytime Pavlova is available. I'd skip lunch for Pavlova.

Thanks to Aussies and Kiwi's for delicious treats.

Claire

Edited by ClairetoCruise

GUT2407,

Same for us. DH will finish most days with ice cream.

We take double helpings anytime Pavlova is available. I'd skip lunch for Pavlova.

Thanks to Aussies and Kiwi's for delicious treats.

Claire

Just got back off Celeb, my one complaint was no Pav even on the day they had what they called an Aussie buffet ... But the fresh made ice cream was good, so that almost made up for it.

I should ad two things:

I thought that we were only getting Pav each night on Princess because we were in Aus, it was on the everynight menu.

In spite of none on Celebrity, my darling made some for Christmas day, that almost made up for it.

They have Pavlova at the international cafe or in the MDR but I didn't see it on my 7 day cruise on the Crown... I guess it depends on the ship and executive chef. No afternoon dessert buffet.. don't think there ever was one, unless you're referring to the desserts buffet offered once in a while on longer cruises... not sure if that's still offered.

Not to worry, there are plenty of sweets, enough to easily pack on many pounds....

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

I recall an afternoon dessert buffet in one side of HC at about 3:30pm on all the Princess ships we sailed until a few years ago. If my memory serves me, it was discontinued about the same time Princess began offering free soft-serve.

Lew

I think that the proliferation of International Cafes, (either through original builds or retrofits) has eroded the need for separate dessert buffets in the afternoon. The offerings at the IC is in essence a de factor dessert buffet.

Edited by JimmyVWine