Too much wildlife!

Perhaps it's just me but I really think RCL is overdoing its wildlife tours on their Australian cruises. While I appreciate that they need to cater to overseas visitors who are desperate to see Australian fauna, I would imagine the demographic on most Australian departures are predominantly Aussies. On my upcoming one week cruise on the Radiance with 3 Australian city stops one quarter of the excursions involve wildlife. Do many Australians really want to spend the day looking at kangaroos and koalas?

On our cruises in the US or Europe there would be only 1 or 2 tours all trip involving native animals. Surely Australia has more to offer. Jennie

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Perhaps it's just me but I really think RCL is overdoing its wildlife tours on their Australian cruises. While I appreciate that they need to cater to overseas visitors who are desperate to see Australian fauna, I would imagine the demographic on most Australian departures are predominantly Aussies. On my upcoming one week cruise on the Radiance with 3 Australian city stops one quarter of the excursions involve wildlife. Do many Australians really want to spend the day looking at kangaroos and koalas?

On our cruises in the US or Europe there would be only 1 or 2 tours all trip involving native animals. Surely Australia has more to offer. Jennie

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree that Australia has much more to offer than wildlife.

Seems overseas passengers are the target audience for excursions on your cruise. I doubt they would run excursions if there wasn't any demand. It would be interesting to ask the passenger demographics, on your next cruise.

Friends recently cruised, NZ to Sydney, and were the only Australians on a table of American passengers (whose company they enjoyed).

I agree that Australia has much more to offer than wildlife.

Seems overseas passengers are the target audience for excursions on your cruise. I doubt they would run excursions if there wasn't any demand. It would be interesting to ask the passenger demographics, on your next cruise.

Friends recently cruised, NZ to Sydney, and were the only Australians on a table of American passengers (whose company they enjoyed).

The majority of cruisers may be Aussie , and as such would probably not utilise the ship's shorex and would organise their own activities for the day in port.:D

The majority of cruisers may be Aussie , and as such would probably not utilise the ship's shorex and would organise their own activities for the day in port.:D

Good point.

In any case, I'm not concerned with what's offered if it's not of interest. Just look at what is of interest.

It's not as though they have to drop one tour to have another. They just sell based on demand.

Good point.

In any case, I'm not concerned with what's offered if it's not of interest. Just look at what is of interest.

It's not as though they have to drop one tour to have another. They just sell based on demand.

Exactly, as mtn_couple posted, the demand may well be there for the overseas passengers.:D