Indy questions boarding/stateroom availability

Hello all!

Sailing Indy Jan 11, and see that boarding is schedule for 12?-4:30. I know many show up more towards 11 to get on quickly. Is it ever crazy hectic in FLL (long lines, etc)? We are boarding with a 20 month old :)

Also, what time are the staterooms generally available?

Finally, should I call RCI to quadruple check that the crib will be in the stateroom? If we board early, our kid will need a nap ASAP, so waiting for the crib bc they forgot to put it in the stateroom isn't really viable.

Thanks so much!

Hi there,

The decision is yours as to when to arrive and check in. We generally aim earlier rather than later because in our eyes, embarkation day is a day we've paid for and we want to board as soon as possible. Having said that - the cabins are not ready until 1:30 pm, and I mean not even to put your bags down and leave again. The fire doors are closed and remain so until 1:30. Sounds like you might want to arrive for check in closer to 1 pm, in which case you can go straight to your cabin when you board.

Regarding the crib, not really sure - your cabin attendant may be around in the hall when you arrive but it could be several hours before you meet him/her.

Hello all!

Sailing Indy Jan 11, and see that boarding is schedule for 12?-4:30. I know many show up more towards 11 to get on quickly. Is it ever crazy hectic in FLL (long lines, etc)? We are boarding with a 20 month old :)

Also, what time are the staterooms generally available?

Finally, should I call RCI to quadruple check that the crib will be in the stateroom? If we board early, our kid will need a nap ASAP, so waiting for the crib bc they forgot to put it in the stateroom isn't really viable.

Thanks so much!

if you want to be able to go directly to your cabin, board AFTER 1 pm.

you cannot guarantee the pack n play will be there upon boarding. you can make sure it is listed , but there is no one sure fire way to absolutely 100% guarantee it will be there the minute you enter the cabin.

• 2 weeks later...

Our past two cruise with my son, neither allure or freedom had the crib in our stateroom. Both times we had to wait to see our stateroom attendant later in the day and ask for it. Had it in time for nighttime but not for nap. Highly suggest bringing a stroller that reclines so he/she can nap in there day one.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sailing Indy Jan 11, and see that boarding is schedule for 12?-4:30...
From further msgs it sounds like you will probably be there around 1-1:30, so the following may be moot. The RCI website lists Indy sailing at 5:30pm. You MUST be on-board 90 minutes prior to sailing (so according to the website that means on board by 4pm). Once the ship manifest is submitted no further passengers are allowed to board by US Government regulation.

Thom

When my husband and I cruised on Indy last February we arrived around 11 and had a really long wait to get checked in. On our family cruise on Indy just before Christmas we arrived around 12:30 and breezed right through check-in. They announced that the rooms were ready minutes after we boarded the ship. I would definitely arrive closer to 1:00, rather than going early, when traveling with little ones.

I have no experience with a crib or pnp while cruising, but I think the regular bed would be perfectly fine for a nap if one isn't ready the second you enter your room.

Edited by brewcrew4

From further msgs it sounds like you will probably be there around 1-1:30, so the following may be moot. The RCI website lists Indy sailing at 5:30pm. You MUST be on-board 90 minutes prior to sailing (so according to the website that means on board by 4pm). Once the ship manifest is submitted no further passengers are allowed to board by US Government regulation.

Thom

The RCI website may indicate that the Indy sailing is 5:30pm, but we are on the 2/14/15 sailing and received an email that our sailing time has been moved up to 5pm. People who are on other sailings have received the same email.

The RCI website may indicate that the Indy sailing is 5:30pm, but we are on the 2/14/15 sailing and received an email that our sailing time has been moved up to 5pm. People who are on other sailings have received the same email.
Which would make last on-board time at 3:30pm. OP mentioned boarding time as late as 4:30.

The original post was on December 28. Royal Caribbean sent out notification the following day of the change:

This is an important message regarding your upcoming cruise.

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We are contacting you regarding your upcoming cruise onboard the Independence of the Seas between January 1, 2015 and April 30, 2015. Check in for the sailing will be between 11:00 A.M. and 3:30 P.M. and the ship will depart from Fort Lauderdale, Florida at 5:00 PM. If you have more than one cruise booked during this time, you may receive more than one message.We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Which would make last on-board time at 3:30pm. OP mentioned boarding time as late as 4:30.

What the OP is referring to has been sent out for several months, and people don't pay attention to it anyway and arrive by noon.

In the case of Indy, cruisers need to pay attention to the fact that the ship has changed it departure time to 5pm therefore making the last onboard time to be 3:30pm.

People flying in on departure day, may have a worry....but why they would have taken a flight with such a tight schedule, would amaze me.

That is all the news I can report.

We just sailed the Indy last month and boarded at 11 on by 11:15. Once onboard we browsed around went and had lunch and were in the room by 1:00. You will want to make sure you see your room steward that afternoon to make sure he has the crib by bedtime delivered if it's not in the room. That day can be very hectic for them so best to make sure it's addressed right away! Enjoy your cruise you will love the Indy!

The original post was on December 28. Royal Caribbean sent out notification the following day of the change:

We never got that letter/email and we sail on IOS on 4-25. Should I be worried?! :eek: I just checked and they have our e-mail addresses on file correct.

We never got that letter/email and we sail on IOS on 4-25. Should I be worried?! :eek: I just checked and they have our e-mail addresses on file correct.

We are on the same sailing as you. I did get the email only it went to my spam folder for some reason. You might want to check there. The most important thing is that you found out about the time change here, so you will get to the ship on time. :D

BTW, until I came here, I thought the email really was spam! We still would have gotten to the ship in plenty of time as we do not want to arrive at the last minute, but we will probably leave home earlier than I had originally planned.

We are on the same sailing as you. I did get the email only it went to my spam folder for some reason. You might want to check there. The most important thing is that you found out about the time change here, so you will get to the ship on time. :D

BTW, until I came here, I thought the email really was spam! We still would have gotten to the ship in plenty of time as we do not want to arrive at the last minute, but we will probably leave home earlier than I had originally planned.

Don't worry....just be there earlier.....as you can see from someone else who is on your he got the email, but it went into his spam folder.