Mr. Sanchos - How much should I tip?

theverro

Hello all!

Will be on the AI side of Mr. Sanchos on January 8th. From what I have read, best is to stay with one waiter and tip him/her at the end of the day. But having never done an all inclusive resort, I'm kind of at a loss of what I should be tipping. If it's not too indiscrete, would someone be able to tell me what they have tipped in the past.

Thank you!!

Richard

We were there earlier this month and our assigned waiter flatly told us our drinks would be watered down unless he got a tip. We were pretty shocked because we'd never heard such a thing at Nachi Cocum next door. After awhile we moved to the bar area where one of the bartenders told us the bartenders and waiters work for different companies and he would be glad to serve us excellent drinks whether or not we tipped. We stayed at the bar and were glad to tip him well at the end of the day.

We were there in October and had an excellent waiter. I asked him if he preferred to be tipped with each delivery or at the end. He said the end was fine. It was my hubby, me and our son. We tipped $40 at the end. He was a great waiter and kept bringing the drinks without us even asking. When it was time to leave he even brought us bottled water to go (we didn't ask for it- he just brought it)!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were there earlier this month and our assigned waiter flatly told us our drinks would be watered down unless he got a tip. We were pretty shocked because we'd never heard such a thing at Nachi Cocum next door. After awhile we moved to the bar area where one of the bartenders told us the bartenders and waiters work for different companies and he would be glad to serve us excellent drinks whether or not we tipped. We stayed at the bar and were glad to tip him well at the end of the day.

I am surprised this waiter was so blatant! We were going to book Mr. Sanchos and just changed our minds! I hope the owners are aware of these tactics. YIKES!

How far in Mr. Sanchos from the cruise port and what is the best way to get there from the port?

About a 15 minute cab ride - the fare should be about $16+tip for up to 4 in the cab; the fares will be posted on a sign near the cab line for your pier.

I am surprised this waiter was so blatant! We were going to book Mr. Sanchos and just changed our minds! I hope the owners are aware of these tactics. YIKES!

We were just there on New Years Day, and our waiter did mention that the bartenders and the waiters work for different companies and he would appreciate it if we would order food, drinks, etc. through him. He wasn't pushy or anything, just kind of stated it as a fact. Our guy's name was Hector and I was seriously considering buying him some new shoes in addition to his tip the way he was running back and forth for us. Dude was hustling! We wouldn't even have a drink finished and Hector'd be there with another one. Great service from an excellent waiter. Tipped him $45...

Wow, just wow. :eek: That would be a complete turn off if someone said that to me. I would go out of my way to head up to the bar myself and get my own drinks just to make sure he wasn't serving me or earning my tip money after being so rude. :cool: