Sanctuary Confusion

Jenhem31

I'm sailing the Caribbean Princess in March. This will be my third cruise, first with Princess. I'm a little confused about the Sanctuary.

I understand there is a fee for loungers. Aside from that, I have no idea if anything else is included or are you simply paying a fee to be away from kids? Is this the only "adult only" area of the ship? On Carnival and Royal Caribbean these kid free zones are no charge. Can we not visit this area of the ship without paying?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are adult-only areas on the CB that anyone can go to. For instance, the Terrace pool.

When you book a lounger in the Sanctuary, you are booking "your" lounger and no one else can use it. The loungers are large and super comfortable. You're paying for attendants to see to your every need, whether it's bringing you food to your lounger (a $3 fee), getting you drinks or water, bringing you blankets if it's chilly, cold cloths if it's hot, and afternoon tea served at your lounger (included and to die for.) Attendants will move your lounger in or out of the sun for you and protect your lounger if it rains.

I haven't seen the adult areas on Carnival or RCI but if be very impressed if they included all of the pampering and comfort in addition to guaranteeing your lounger for free.

Thanks Pam in CA. That helps. I don't necessarily need to be waited on hand and foot, just prefer to lounge in an adult area from time to time. I'll remember the Terrace pool.

The Solarium on Allure of the Seas was to die for, but it had no personal services. I must say I'm intrigued now. It may be worth the splurge!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Look here for a video of the sanctuary: http://www.princess.com/cruise-tips-vacation-ideas/video/onboard-experience/sanctuary.html#.VKGi4cB4c

Other free adult only pool areas on the Caribbean Princess are: The Terrace Pool, deck 14 aft and the Lap Pool/Steam/Sauna on Deck 16 forward. Lounge chairs along deck 16 above the main pools are not specifically kid free, but don't really get too many children.

What a great market strategy, market heavily to families and promote more and more kids as paying passengers. Then when these darlings en-masse begin to drive the rest of the passengers to the brink on madness, offer for a fee a place to get away .

Sort of like in the old west, If the army were to encourage the Indians to attack the settlers, and then offer paid entrance to the fort when the did.

What a great idea.....

What a great market strategy, market heavily to families and promote more and more kids as paying passengers. Then when these darlings en-masse begin to drive the rest of the passengers to the brink on madness, offer for a fee a place to get away.
I'm sure I'm not alone in that I don't book the Sanctuary because it's an adult area but for the comfort, convenience and pampering. I like having "my" lounger and being able to come and go as I please and not have to worry about someone taking it. I like having afternoon tea served right at my lounger. I like having attendants refresh my drink. I don't book balcony cabins any more because I find the "new" furniture far too uncomfortable so I book the cheaper obstructed oceanview cabins. Booking the Sanctuary for the cruise is (for me as a solo) a lot less money than the difference between an OV and a balcony cabin. :)

What a great market strategy, market heavily to families and promote more and more kids as paying passengers. Then when these darlings en-masse begin to drive the rest of the passengers to the brink on madness, offer for a fee a place to get away .

Sort of like in the old west, If the army were to encourage the Indians to attack the settlers, and then offer paid entrance to the fort when the did.

What a great idea.....

I can always count on you for my daily dose of cynicism ;):D

I'm sure I'm not alone in that I don't book the Sanctuary because it's an adult area but for the comfort, convenience and pampering. I like having "my" lounger and being able to come and go as I please and not have to worry about someone taking it. I like having afternoon tea served right at my lounger. I like having attendants refresh my drink. I don't book balcony cabins any more because I find the "new" furniture far too uncomfortable so I book the cheaper obstructed oceanview cabins. Booking the Sanctuary for the cruise is (for me as a solo) a lot less money than the difference between an OV and a balcony cabin. :)

Pam what you say makes a lot of sense, sanctuary comes out much cheaper.

Pam what you say makes a lot of sense, sanctuary comes out much cheaper.

I do the same thing when I travel alone, but beware - you can't always count on being able to get the sanctuary, even if you are elite. Sometimes enough people from the prior cruise have already booked. It happened to me on the Royal November of 2013. The manager helped me out to get it daily, but I still had to get up extra early and be in line by 7am on the sea days. That wasn't fun at all.