Riviera Vista Suite Pics

DaisyUK

Thank you, I'm sure we will too - we'd have to be pretty sad not to!!! The pics StanandJim have just posted of the balcony on the Owner's Suite look tremendous however.... maybe one day!

How about a sundowner one evening on the cruise Daisy ??

JimandStan - THANK YOU! Just what I was looking for. I am (needless to say) delighted.

Gerry:):)

Daisy, don't be too disappointed! ;):)

Here's the deck 8 Vista Suite veranda with Monte Carlo as a backdrop! Deck 9 is much bigger and by that I mean a bit deeper with a bigger area at the side of the veranda which wraps back to the first stateroom veranda along the side of the ship. They had the table and chairs on the side veranda on deck 9.

imagejpg5_zps46bc041c.jpg

imagejpg4_zpse15de8b5.jpg

We'd just had coffee, but this is a "real shot" of life in a Vista! You can see the door to the bedroom and the mirror at the back of the shot is the entrance to the suite. The guest bath is to the right as you enter, opposite the suite door.

The deck 9 Vista had the column just behind the sofa table with the butlers/bar area and dining just behind that to the right of the photo. The layout of the suite is slightly different but I'm afraid I don't have any photos of it for you. On deck 9, You enter the suite more centrally, so you have the bedroom, gym and master bath off one way and the guest bath, the other - depending of course on Port or Starboard location! They are both very nice suites! With the deck 8 suite you have adjoining staterooms between the two Vistas, so I imagine that would explain the different layout. The only time we ever saw our neighbours was one very early morning arrival into port. Never heard anything.

imagejpg8_zpsd516d7b5.jpg

Not a great photo but it may give you an idea how deck 9 veranda wraps around. Deck 8 is the one with the 1 porthole (master bathroom - see I told you it had a great view from the em, well you know where!!!;):) ) You can just about see deck 9 TV between the two windows there. It's the same on both sides of the ship.

My DH loved this veranda and he could be out there every morning coming into port "supervising" the deck crew and the communication between the bridge and the docking crew! LOL!

Great idea! (Parties at both ends...and maybe in the middle too?)

Second bathroom in the Vista Suite? We had a second bathroom in the Oceania Suite on our last cruise and that quickly became my husband's. Our second bathroom in the Owners Suite has been his - designated bathroom - for a long time... Great minds think alike.

fairbourne - thanks a lot for posting the photos. I shall have to learn how to do that! And I can see why they named the suite "Vista" - very appropriate. DaisyUK will have to call me on the phone and say "Look out - such and such is about to happen!!"

• 1 month later...

My suggestion is that you do not need to ask them to stock it beforehand. We haven't, on those few occasions when we were in such elite digs.

Our experience was that pretty much as soon as you arrive in the suite the butler arrives, and you can tell him then what you want stocked. It comes quite quickly. You have a choice of 6 bottles (besides the freebie champagne): originally it was somewhat limited, now it isn't. So you can order 6 bottles of wine, 6 bottles of booze, or a combination. We have decided that for us, we split it evenly between alcohol and wine ... this gives us flexibility in inviting other passengers in for cocktails because we don't normally drink that much ourselves.

If you think that you really cannot wait to open a bottle, then you may want to stock ahead. In that case, I'd say have your TA talk to whomever to arrange it, OR you can call Oceania on your own.

But when you walk into the room the bottle of cold champagne is there, and if that isn't your favorite tipple (we generally wait a few days and take it to dinner rather than opening it immediately), call your butler and he will take care of it.

Mura

There is a list of wines/alcohols you can ask for - I got mine from my Travel Agent and then told her what I wanted and she has requested them. I think you can get this list from Guest Services at Oceania and tell them as well. Then (if all goes well) your choices will be in the Suite when you arrive. But if not, then just ask the Butler.

If there is something special you are looking for tell me and I will look at my list and see if it is on that.

Hi all....I'll be vista suite 8003 on the Marina leaving 3/25. Thank you all for the pictures! It helps tremendously! I'm wondering how to go about getting my bar stocked before we board? Thanks in advance!

We're in that same suite on the cruise right after you :)

Leave us a note in one of the map books :)

gary

You deserve the Owners Suite. 8143 is the largest of the three! Maybe you will get Pritham again! He is my favorite. Thinking we may have him on New York to Montreal in May.

Caroldoll -

What a lovely thing to say!! Thank you! Merci!! I would love to have either Pritham OR Churchill. Those gentlemen are amazing and so very kind as well.

Gerry