? about ship tours

betmust

We cruised on the Solstice about 6 years ago. We also cruised on the Eurodam around the same time.

On one of the ships we did a tour of the ship that was free.

I had to go Guest Relations on my first day and ask for a tour. A few days later we received an invitation from the Captain.

This tour was free and we were brought to the control room, up to the bridge, the galley and somewhere else.

I am trying to remember which ship it was. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Has anyone done it or know anything about it??

Thank you

Thanks for the replies.

No we were not in a suite. In a Veranda cabin. I am trying to remember everything I can and go through old postings. I did not pay for this tour. I do specifically remember going to guest relations and asking and getting an invite from the captain. It was by invite only and there were about 20 of us.

I sailed on the Solstice on April 25, 2010 - just found an old sea pass.

I did learn about it on Cruise Critic and was so excited when I read it. My 18 year old son really enjoyed it also.

I remember the 'old days' when these tours were free for all passengers. Not anymore. The only free tour we've seen lately was on celebrity and only included the galley.

Cost for complete ship tours have been anywhere between $79-$150 per person, depending on the cruise line. No, I've never done one. I can think of better ways of spending money.

Thanks all....

I am sure they no longer do the tour I asked about - mostly because it was free.

I see a lot about the behind the scenes tour but really do not want to pay that kind of money.

Thats ok - I enjoyed it when I did it....maybe just a galley tour on my next cruise....

That was probably not Celebrity. They do offer free tours of the galley. Captains Club members get backstage tours. But an extensive tour like what you experienced is not free. Search this board for posts about the Behind the Scenes tour to see what is included.

A few weeks ago, my DW and her friend took a free tour of the galley(s) on the Equinox. It was in the daily.

We cruised on the Solstice about 6 years ago. We also cruised on the Eurodam around the same time.

On one of the ships we did a tour of the ship that was free.

I had to go Guest Relations on my first day and ask for a tour. A few days later we received an invitation from the Captain.

This tour was free and we were brought to the control room, up to the bridge, the galley and somewhere else.

I am trying to remember which ship it was. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Has anyone done it or know anything about it??

Thank you

We did this last year on the Eclipse. Also did a tour of the galley(a must for those who complain about the food!)

On Celebrity, galley tours are free.

In addition, you can register with Guest Relations for a comprehensive behind the scenes tour. Includes the bridge, engine control room, crew quarters, stores, galley, anchors and ends with lunch with an officer in a specialty restaurant. They take about 10 people, so its very hands on. I think it cost $150. Took several hours and I enjoyed it. Something to do once.