world cruise 2015

silver_traveller

Lucky you Silver Spectre ! Enjoy your cruise. Oliver rejoins you at the bar on 4/5 also after his time off. Smooth sailing and Happy Easter.

Thanks for your kind thoughts. Looked out of our hotel window this morning and there she was, docked just behind the Crystal Serenity. Unfortunately not the best of days weatherwise, its overcast, coolish with a breeze and a 30% chance of rain.

Another great day in Cape Town, still slightly windy and a little cloud cover, but warm.

We took the hotel's car to the dock at 12:15 and were onboard and in our suite in 5 minutes. No one else around, very quiet. Only 32 guests boarding today.

Lovely to see Norman again as we got onboard.

Another great day in Cape Town, still slightly windy and a little cloud cover, but warm. We took the hotel's car to the dock at 12:15 and were onboard and in our suite in 5 minutes. No one else around, very quiet. Only 32 guests boarding today. Lovely to see Norman again as we got onboard.

Glad that you are boarded and enjoying Cape Town. Look forward to any sharing of info from those on-board about how things went on their Silver Whisper sailing segment from Kenya to Cape Town. We had planned on being aboard for that segment, but the "ebola worries" concerned my wife too much. We switched to doing the Silver Cloud for the Amazon River, etc., sailing. Next February, 2016, we are planning on doing the Silver Cloud for a ten-day Cape Town to Cape Town sailing. Appreciate any insights for what people said about their various stops along the South Africa coast, what they loved most in these areas and in these varied ports. Keep up the good sharing from your "adventure".

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 21,130 views for these postings.

Glad that you are boarded and enjoying Cape Town. Look forward to any sharing of info from those on-board about how things went on their Silver Whisper sailing segment from Kenya to Cape Town. We had planned on being aboard for that segment, but the "ebola worries" concerned my wife too much. We switched to doing the Silver Cloud for the Amazon River, etc., sailing. Next February, 2016, we are planning on doing the Silver Cloud for a ten-day Cape Town to Cape Town sailing. Appreciate any insights for what people said about their various stops along the South Africa coast, what they loved most in these areas and in these varied ports. Keep up the good sharing from your "adventure".

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 21,130 views for these postings.

Thanks Terry, dinner conversation last night had it that there were no problems in Mombassa, allthough it was seen as dirty and very poor. The trip to the Maasai Mara was outstandingly good. Madagascar was very hot with very high humidity. Maybe you can come this way next year.

Edited by Silver Spectre

Nice sunny day as we sail up the coast of South Africa on our way to Namibia and Luderitz.

Last night's sail away introduction was in the Panorama, and was attended by myself and one other newbie. Everyone else was a world cruiser.

Interesting that for the world cruise the chart is back on the pool deck and the boullion is back on the counter in the Panorama allowing one to help onesself.

Tonight is the captains welcome party, hopefully it will be attended by more than just the new arrivals.

Nice sunny day as we sail up the coast of South Africa on our way to Namibia and Luderitz.

Last night's sail away introduction was in the Panorama, and was attended by myself and one other newbie. Everyone else was a world cruiser.

Interesting that for the world cruise the chart is back on the pool deck and the boullion is back on the counter in the Panorama allowing one to help onesself.

Tonight is the captains welcome party, hopefully it will be attended by more than just the new arrivals.

What chart are you referring to?

Until about 18 months or so ago there was a voyage chart on the pool deck of the Wind, Cloud, Shadow & Whisper. Then they were removed, and even the chart holders went. There was nothing on the Shadow when we were on last year, neither on the Cloud and there certainly wasn't one on here 18 months ago.

Thanks Terry, dinner conversation last night had it that there were no problems in Mombassa, allthough it was seen as dirty and very poor. The trip to the Maasai Mara was outstandingly good. Madagascar was very hot with very high humidity. Maybe you can come this way next year.

Silver Spectre: Until about 18 months or so ago there was a voyage chart on the pool deck of the Wind' date=' Cloud, Shadow & Whisper. Then they were removed, and even the chart holders went. There was nothing on the Shadow when we were on last year, neither on the Cloud and there certainly wasn't one on here 18 months ago. [/quote']

Good luck with your fog off of the Africa coast. No extra charge, right, for this added visual "adventure"??

Appreciate these varied reports and details!! Good sharing by Silver Spectre. If handy, I was especially interested in learning more about any of those passenger details, reactions, comments, insights from their South Africa Whisper stops at Port Richards (two days there), Durban and East London. Not sure that Mombasa and/or Kenya are on our future to-do lists. Would like to see there. BUT, recently, there have been too many killings there and that nation is too, too close to Somalia and Yemen, etc.

On charts, I thought that I remember seeing that interesting and informative visual on the Silver Cloud during our 26-days on her in late January and February. BUT, I am not 100% sure. I know that the visual for the ship position on the TV screens was of interest to check out and gain background on our sailing geography.

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 105,229 views for this posting.

Just a few notes as we start to prepare for the end of worldie 2015

Still losing at trivia but its fun and we have a laugh. There has been a surprise special event revealed in st lucia.

Venician night was long as many guests reached milestones but all were applauded and photographed with new uniformed captain.

all dept's have changed now and look super

The lectures have been varied and well attended especially the musical man who continues to impress.

The two singers from Italy gave a wonderful concert last night just wonderful

Food is great with many venues and not busy but we await barbados with nerves as the grapevine varies between 60 to 150 joining for 7 days

we await barbados with nerves as the grapevine varies between 60 to 150 joining for 7 days

Ok, I won't book quickly and surprise you!

(Actually, I still haven't got our income taxes done and immediately after they are sent in, it is time to do the corporate taxes so I guess I don't have time to whip away for a week.)

Great to see so many newbies getting their free laundry recognition last night and plenty of other milestones too. Kudos to Frank and his wife with 1600+ days.

A good dinner in the MDR, slightly marred by very spotty service. The first time so far on this segment.

A good classical concert by the Italian duo last night, good enough to have been Artists!

We are new to cruising in fact we have never been on a ship before but after winning some (quite a lot) dollars my travel agent recommened that we spend some time on the sea.

I only found this web site recently but am still very confused as to what u do all day. My life is very set in routine cows need milked crops need looking after so this is a change. we are on the boat for all 115 nights but i am usually in bed by 9 pm at home and never eat after 630

you thoughts would be most welcome

silver_traveller

ps do you have to wear a suit as i only have one and its a bit old

Well I am sure with all that loot, you wont have any trouble Go into any large department store and they will be glad to take your money and fit you out. I saw your post and somone thought you may be a troll. That is someone trying to get a rise or laugh Are you for real. And get your wife of the job I am sure she would like shopping. There are shops in each port so you could do that too.

Still out in the middle of nowhere. Since Ascension we have seen one tanker travelling the other way, a couple of boobies and one or two other birds, huge shoals of flying fish and vast acres of sea grass, which is a problem for the ships filters.

Oh, and we have sighted one portly King Neptune, his retinue and some poor pollywogs.

Last night in the MDR saw the first jacketless person (not gentleman) on an informal night. Sat right in the middle and dared anyone to speak to him.

Hmmmm.... King Neptunes aka didn't happen to start with a F and end with an O did it ? Anyway,continue to have a good time. We just got an update from our former butler this morning. We stayed in contact after we disembarked in Singapore. Now how's that for an example of SS crew members building a rapport with passengers.

Still out in the middle of nowhere. Since Ascension we have seen one tanker travelling the other way, a couple of boobies and one or two other birds, huge shoals of flying fish and vast acres of sea grass, which is a problem for the ships filters.

Oh, and we have sighted one portly King Neptune, his retinue and some poor pollywogs.

Last night in the MDR saw the first jacketless person (not gentleman) on an informal night. Sat right in the middle and dared anyone to speak to him.

Who was m/d that let the jacketless person in ?