Bus from Sydney

mackel

We are docking on the Celebrity Solstice in Sydney at 6.30am on the 27th of Jan. We need to book a bus from Central Station home but aren't sure how long de-embarkation will take and therefore don't know when to book the bus for? Does anyone have an idea?

We do the same as Blue Elephant, book the bus for 11am then we make a leisurely departure from the ship and arriving earlier at the bus terminal have always been able to change our booking and take the next bus.

We do the same when arriving back by plane as the bus company also picks up at the airport.

As The Big M says it is usually no problem getting away from the terminal very early but it is good to have some extra time as a contingency just in case of delays.

The very last guests usually "dawdle" off the ship around 9:30am and the first group start around 7:30am.If you are able to carry your own luggage you can be off by 7am but just choose any early debark time and you will have no problem.

How are you getting to Central? If you are going by train it is only a short trip so if you booked for 10:30-11:00 you should be OK.

Edited by gbenjo

I used to book for 10 am then started booking for 9 am because I was always there early, and even did an 8 am bus last time. As Blue Elephant said, they are readily able to change to a different time if there are seats available. I would recommend Murrays they are much more flexible than Greyhound. If it's your first time booking you will probably feel happier to go with a bit later bus booking.

Welcome to CC Mackel.

As mentioned if you walk off with your own luggage, it is normally around 6.45 -7am. Train to Central is only 20 mins max (includes wait time on the station. A 9.30 bus is still plenty of time but if the ship is late you may be wise to get the later bus.

My advice is to buy a flexible ticket and therefore can move to an earlier bus if required (provided they have room).:D

Thanks everyone! It's been really helpful. I think we will book for around 11 and then hopefully get on an earlier bus and we can be back in Canberra by lunchtime :)

The flexible tickets are slightly more at around $36 each. Enjoy your cruise, I am sure you will love the Solstice, it is a wonderful ship.:D