2015 Cruise Predictions

CruiseHealing

A couple of years ago I started a thread for people to make their predictions for the new year. Back then I predicted that Cuba would open up to cruising from America. Well we now know that is going to happen.

But, it is time to make your predictions for 2015.

Here are my two, and yes 1 will be Cuba related

1. The first ships sailing to Cuba will not only be +100% occupied, the rates will be at New Years Eve prices.

2. Carnival will announce 2 more new ships, with Carnival shifting 2 ships (at least 1 will be Fantasy class) to the Asia coast.

Edited by CruiseHealing

A couple of years ago I started a thread for people to make their predictions for the new year. Back then I predicted that Cuba would open up to cruising from America. Well we now know that is going to happen.

1. The first ships sailing to Cuba will not only be +100% occupied, the rates will be at New Years Eve prices.

2. Carnival will announce 2 more new ships, with Carnival shifting 2 ships (at least 1 will be Fantasy class) to the Asia coast.

Sorry, but I HIGHLY doubt any Carnival ships will be calling on Cuba in 2015. Just ain't gonna happen. Maybe in 5 years but not 2015.

My prediction..........some people will cruise, others will not. :D

Sorry, but I HIGHLY doubt any Carnival ships will be calling on Cuba in 2015. Just ain't gonna happen. Maybe in 5 years but not 2015. :D

I never said that Carnival was going to sail to the Cuba. I just said a ship from America.

Edited by CruiseHealing

You need to work on your reading comprehension. I never said that Carnival was going to sail to the Cuba. I just said a ship from America.

I, too, don't think ships from a US homeport will be calling in Cuba anytime soon. First the embargo would need to be eliminated. Any foreign flagged vessel that visits Cuba is currently unable to dock in the United States for six (6) months. I think it is possible within 10 or 20 years, but definitely not within the next 365 days.

I never said that Carnival was going to sail to the Cuba. I just said a ship from America.

But this is the Carnival forum on CC so speaking for myself, I assumed you were predicting a Carnival ship would cruise to Cuba.

I predict the Fantasy Class ships will go to a la carte dining pricing completely in the MDR and only the Lido Grill buffet and food stations will be included in your cruise fare. If successful, this concept will roll out fleet wide within 5 years.

I predict Carnival will switch up their itineraries. With the addition of several 10+ night cruises on Triumph, Pride, Dream and Sunshine, I hope this is a movement to change things up.

I hope they will add Amber Cove on many cruises, as it opens in October 2015.

I also want them to reconsider putting the Splendor in Miami for the winter, and keep in in NYC on a 9/9/9/1 Basis, having that nice little 1 night cruise the NCL Gem used to have from NYC in the winter, but doesn't anymore. Or just a 12/9 day basis through the winter. I know that will bring a lot of business from local people, as well as people flying into NYC for a longer vacation.

I also hope for increased calls to Bermuda over the summer!!

Just hopes, not believing anything until it happens ;)

But this is the Carnival forum on CC so speaking for myself, I assumed you were predicting a Carnival ship would cruise to Cuba.

I predict the Fantasy Class ships will go to a la carte dining pricing completely in the MDR and only the Lido Grill buffet and food stations will be included in your cruise fare. If successful, this concept will roll out fleet wide within 5 years.

I understand how you can think that. But this is more of a general Cruise Prediction.

Very interesting on the Fantasy Class dining prediction. Frankly, not a bad idea.

...that Carnival will start selling Future Cruise Vouchers again.

While I would enjoy the certificates returning, we may not see them. However, as I can see you enjoy the benefits of the certificate, there is an alternative. Book a cruise as far out as possible with a fully refundable past guest/fun select rate. When you find out which cruise you want, change the sail date of the cruise and if you wish, you can switch to early saver. The deposit and onboard booking bonus onboard credit carry over.

In 2015, Carnival will start a long, protracted process of selling off the Fantasy class ships.

In 2015, Carnival will announce their return to Europe in 2016.

In 2015, Carnival will roll out their app functionality fleet-wide and begin to phase out paper Fun Times.

In 2015, main dining room menus will continue their consolidation, and live music and entertainment will continue to decrease, to save money.

Edited by winddawn

Number one in regards to ships sailing from the United States to Cuba will not happen 2015

#1 - I predict that I will be taking 2 cruises B2B on CCL Dream in August 2015 :)

#2 - I predict CCL Vista will be offering 9 or 12 day sailings featuring the Greek Isles in 2016 during the summer / early fall season....and that I will be on it for one of those sailings.

:D

You started this thread in the Carnival forums and you never stated ANY ship. either way, I still disagree whether it be Carnival, HAL, Princess, NCL, RCCL, or any other mainstream cruise line that caters to Americans.

Elation and Paradise are the first fantasy class announced for transfer/sale. I am convinced that their first generation azipods are expensive to maintain/operate based on the lack of obvious work that needed done to Elation during the last drydock.