2015 Cruise Predictions

CruiseHealing

Elation and Paradise are the first fantasy class announced for transfer/sale. I am convinced that their first generation azipods are expensive to maintain/operate based on the lack of obvious work that needed done to Elation during the last drydock.

I agree.

...that Carnival will start selling Future Cruise Vouchers again.

I predict the Fantasy Class ships will go to a la carte dining pricing completely in the MDR and only the Lido Grill buffet and food stations will be included in your cruise fare. If successful, this concept will roll out fleet wide within 5 years.

I too, would LOVE to see the Future Cruise Vouchers, or something along those lines, offered again.

If Carnival does go to a la carte dining in the dining room, they can say goodbye to me. The food, and companionship offered, in a relaxed atmosphere, in the dining room, is one of the highlights of the cruise for me. I don't want to have to consider the price of each and every thing I order for dinner. I do that at home! :mad:

"SKY"

In 2015, Carnival will roll out their app functionality fleet-wide and begin to phase out paper Fun Times.

In 2015, main dining room menus will continue their consolidation, and live music and entertainment will continue to decrease, to save money.

I hope these 2 don't happen. I have no phone, or any kind of technology to run an app., and the live entertainment, especially the lack of carib. bands when in the Caribbean, has gone downhill too far already.

...that Carnival will start selling Future Cruise Vouchers again.

Future Cruise Vouchers return. And a week later 2,000,000 post on CC by people who refuse to read how they work and become upset cause they want them to work othewise. Ie: want to apply the discount to cruises already booked.

I predict that passengers will feel the absence in Tampa and Carnival will fix the issue. They can switch up the Carnival Ecstasy and Paradise, the Paradise doing the 3 day Nassau cruises, as well as the 4 day alternating key west/Cozumel/sea day and Nassau/half moon cay/ sea day route. Then, the Ecstasy, with waterworks and it's balconies, could possible receive some FunShip 2.0 enhancements, or it can be left. Either way, it can continue the 4/5 day business from Tampa, but also have some 7 day Western Caribbean cruises, or maybe a 11 day/10 night cruise, like this.

1:Tampa, FL- 4PM

2:Key West, FL- 1PM- 10PM

3:Sea Day

4:Mahogany Bay, Honduras- 9AM-6PM

5:Sea Day

6: Limon, Costa Rica- 7AM-3PM

7: Partial Canal Transit, 6AM- 3PM, Colon, Panama- 4PM- 10PM

8: Cartagena, Columbia- 7AM- 5PM

9:Sea Day

10:Sea Day

11:Tampa, FL- 8AM

And then after, a 4 day weekend cruise to Cozumel.

And at time like Spring Break, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's, they could do the 7 day cruises from Tampa.

Just a thought. :D

I feel like Carnival is trying to monopolize on Galveston. Although I don't want it to happen, they are probably going to home port a Vista class here. That would replace the Magic, which would probably be sent to Ft. Lauderdale, Port Canaveral (most likely), or New York (which is where I believe Vista 2 will be homeported). Assuming it goes to Port Canaveral, Magic would replace Valor (or whatever ship they put in there at that time). Valor could go to Fort Lauderdale to replace Conquest, and Conquest could do... EUROPE RUNS. I feel like Carnival should get back into the European market, and by sending the Conquest over, it could be a good representation of what the line has to offer. (I would say Valor, but she hasn't had 2.0 yet, she's American themed [so why send her to Europe], and she's my favorite in the fleet and I wouldn't want to see here go so far away :p). If Conquest does a 7-5-9-7 day monthly cycle visiting the Mediterranean (and maybe the Canary Islands in the 9 day :rolleyes:), I think Carnival could be a big line in Europe year round, rather than just the occasional short season sailings of new ships.

Just a thought!

I feel like Carnival is trying to monopolize on Galveston. Although I don't want it to happen, they are probably going to home port a Vista class here. That would replace the Magic, which would probably be sent to Ft. Lauderdale, Port Canaveral (most likely), or New York (which is where I believe Vista 2 will be homeported). Assuming it goes to Port Canaveral, Magic would replace Valor (or whatever ship they put in there at that time). Valor could go to Fort Lauderdale to replace Conquest, and Conquest could do... EUROPE RUNS. I feel like Carnival should get back into the European market, and by sending the Conquest over, it could be a good representation of what the line has to offer. (I would say Valor, but she hasn't had 2.0 yet, she's American themed [so why send her to Europe], and she's my favorite in the fleet and I wouldn't want to see here go so far away :p). If Conquest does a 7-5-9-7 day monthly cycle visiting the Mediterranean (and maybe the Canary Islands in the 9 day :rolleyes:), I think Carnival could be a big line in Europe year round, rather than just the occasional short season sailings of new ships.

Just a thought!

I like that idea. Instead of Magic leaving Galveston, Carnival should send Triumph to Port Canaveral. Vista and Magic could do 7+ day cruises and Freedom doing 4-5 day cruises.

Just a thought!

The conquest is the next in line to be moved to short cruises. And Carnival wouldn't be able to fill a 3000 passenger ship with mostly Americans year-round. Summer, maybe. But no other time. Why not this?

-Vista 1 goes to Galveston, giving up the Magic.

-Magic goes to Miami. Fufills Glory's run.

-Glory moves to Fort Lauderdale.

-Conquest can replace the Fantasy in Charleston, which can either be retired or moved to another location.

-Freedom can move to Long Beach, kicking out the Imagination and Miracle.

-Imagination can either go to San Diego, or Galveston, or a Boston/Port Canaveral itinerary (Ecstasy's old Canaveral itinerary was nice).

-Miracle can go to Tampa in the winter, and reposition to Barcelona in the Summer. Thus, a well-loved Carnival ship, 2200 passengers, will be much easier to fill.

That would bring back Tampa, and popular Europe cruises. Port Canaveral has a strong business now with Carnival, and many are flying in and out, specifically for the cruise. It is also a decent drive-to port for people in Northern Florida and Georgia.

Like it?

I predict some drunken idiot will fall overboard and blame it on Carnival for not making sure they didn't climb up and sit on the railings while drunk to take a selfie with a drink in one hand and the sunset behind them.:D

Well why dont they have a sign telling people it is dangerous to climb up on rail with a drink in one hand and camera in the other.

Otherwise how would they know?

Well why dont they have a sign telling people it is dangerous to climb up on rail with a drink in one hand and camera in the other.

Otherwise how would they know?

...sign is not enough--they will need to include this disclaimer in the announcements at muster--in both English and Spanish--to make that long and boring talk even longer.

...sign is not enough--they will need to include this disclaimer in the announcements at muster--in both English and Spanish--to make that long and boring talk even longer.

One cruise they repeated the whole thing in German and than never came accross anyone speaking German the entire cruise.

And than the CD decided to lecture us on earth day. He wasnt well thought of that day for sure.

-Vista 1 goes to Galveston, giving up the Magic.

-Magic goes to Miami. Fufills Glory's run.

-Glory moves to Fort Lauderdale.

-Conquest can replace the Fantasy in Charleston, which can either be retired or moved to another location.

-Freedom can move to Long Beach, kicking out the Imagination and Miracle.

-Imagination can either go to San Diego, or Galveston, or a Boston/Port Canaveral itinerary (Ecstasy's old Canaveral itinerary was nice).

-Miracle can go to Tampa in the winter, and reposition to Barcelona in the Summer. Thus, a well-loved Carnival ship, 2200 passengers, will be much easier to fill.

Like it?

If you can bring the Freedom to Long Beach and get a ship back in San Diego, I will vote for you for Carnival CEO any day. Heck, I'll vote for you for United States President! :p

I predict we will not know Carnival Vista's American homeport at the end of this month. I think this information will come at a later time after the ship's renderings are distributed and European itineraries are introduced.

Hmm not sure I want to go on a ship that has distributed renderings regarding its itineraries.

Than again not sure I know what that means.

I predict we will not know Carnival Vista's American homeport at the end of this month. I think this information will come at a later time after the ship's renderings are distributed and European itineraries are introduced.
Hmm not sure I want to go on a ship that has distributed renderings regarding its itineraries.

Than again not sure I know what that means.

...Ha Ha -- Love it! Yeah, what does that mean?

It means I don't think they will announce the ship's American homeport on January 22, contrary to the speculation in the "Everything Vista" subforum. I believe the event will talk about the itineraries in Europe (with confirmed port calls in Civitavecchia and Gibraltar) and distribute the ship renderings to the press. I think the Caribbean itineraries will come at a later date.

It means I don't think they will announce the ship's American homeport on January 22, contrary to the speculation in the "Everything Vista" subforum. I believe the event will talk about the itineraries in Europe (with confirmed port calls in Civitavecchia and Gibraltar) and distribute the ship renderings to the press. I think the Caribbean itineraries will come at a later date.

We want to do more European sailings and watching to see where it goes and pricing.

How the rendering turn out to be innovative and not more of the same.