Contemplating a B2B on Allure!

Excited by the thought ..... thinking of booking Dec 27-Jan 3 on Allure and then staying on until the 10th for the opposite swing (western, I think). We are fresh in the afterglow of our most recent cruise, just 2 short weeks ago. ... :) Sounds like a good idea to me, right?!

I see you are already booked in March on the Allure.

We have done 3 B2B's on the Allure and 1 B2B on Oasis. So I think it is a great idea.

We are in the same 27 December cruise you are on. As near as I can tell, this is the highest price cruise of the year and the following week is probably half the cost. In other words.. go for it! I would it I could and have even contemplated it. At the end of the day, though I think 14 days would be just too much for the kids.

You should try a different ship or perhaps a different cruise line.

Mix it up some, instead of doing the same thing all the time....

We did this last year - a week on Allure followed by a week on Silhouette.

We wish we'd just stayed on Allure for a B2B. I'd say go for it :)

Excited by the thought ..... thinking of booking Dec 27-Jan 3 on Allure and then staying on until the 10th for the opposite swing (western, I think). We are fresh in the afterglow of our most recent cruise, just 2 short weeks ago. ... :) Sounds like a good idea to me, right?!

I just did a B2B on Allure in November, and loved it ... also did one in 2011 and did one on Oasis in 2013 ... so yeah, I think it's a great idea :D

We are addicted to Oasis/Allure class :)

As someone else suggested the farther out you book the better your chance of getting the same cabin for both weeks. On our four B2B's we had to switched cabins on two of them. I would book at least 1 year out to improve my chances of keeping the same cabin.

Thanks everyone! We had our travel agent working up the options. Unfortunately, because we need a wheelchair accessible room, there appear to be no Jr. Suites available Dec 27-3, but there are Jr. Suites Dec 3-10.

If we booked a balcony Dec 27-3 then moved rooms to a Jr. Suite for Dec 3-10, would we have to disembark and re-check-in newly? Or can we just move our luggage (ourselves? does RC move it?)?

We've done two B2B cruises on the same ship, #3 is coming up next weekend, and our experience was that the ship provides repeat cruisers expedited service on the change over. You get your new onboard card at the end of the first cruise and if you are in a US port for the turn around they bring the repeat passengers off the ship with a scan of your old onboard card, as a group to go through the Border Services process before regular embarkation starts. Basically you get off the ship, show your passport or other travel documents to the B.S. officer and then get back on with a scanning of your new onboard card. No custom declaration is needed.

Your current cabin steward will assist in moving your clothing and other things if you are changing to a new cabin which was the case for both of our past B2Bs and will be the case for the our next one later this month. Our new cabin was ready for us immediately as it was arranged to be one of the first cleaned and prepared by the new cabin steward. Our old cabin steward arranged this for us. On the change over day he brought a luggage cart to our first cabin and actually move our things still on the hangers and in drawers to our new cabin, so we didn't have to repack, as both old and new were the same class of balcony. He simply swapped these for the empty ones in our new cabin and brought the empties back to our old cabin.

Once this was done we actually left the ship both times, but didn't have to do this, to explore on shore. If you did go onshore we were told that we could not get back onboard until regular embarkation had started which wasn't a problem as we were onshore well beyond this happening. Returning to the ship we were treated a returning passengers not as a embarking one.

Your old onboard account is settled and closed and your new one start when the second cruise commences. ;)

Thank you so much for the explanation of the process, that cleared up all the questions I had. We are currently booked in a h/c balcony room Dec 27-Jan 3, and then we move up to a h/c Jr. Suite Jan 3-10 (we are waitlisted for a Jr. Suite Dec 27-Jan 3 unfortunately, there are literally TWO on the ENTIRE ship.....sigh).

As for other lines, when our son was 6, we went on Disney and it had a lot of neat features, such as the rotating restaurants with the same staff, and the spa was very nice. But we're just not big "Disney people" in general. Our whole extended family went for my parents anniversary because they are big time Disney people. My husband has been on a smaller class of RC ship, I forgot which and while he enjoyed it, he says he can never go back now! A big factor for us is our very active 14 year old. He revels in the seemingly endless activities (and he's never yet even ventured into the teen club!) and food. He is a true foodie (yes, at 14! :D) and died with delight at 150 Central Park for example. He also just idolizes the ship, he loves it so much, and I can't say we feel differently. :)

As he ages out of wanting to go cruising with dear ole mom and dad, we are thinking of trying one of Celebrity's large ships. But for at least the next few years, Oasis/Allure it is!

Edited by Wheeling_family_of_3