Dinner Menus posted ahead of time?

michelle028

Maybe we should poll this discussion on whether we would like to see our bill and menus on TV? I personally believe that we should have the capability to do so. Other cruise lines do offer this capability.

So far, I have only seen one or possibly two who would not use the TV to review their bill or want to see the menus displayed on the TV.

Thanks for the info. Most lines with interactive systems charge a fee for at least some access in order to offset the cost of the system. I assume the Costa interactive system was completely free like Princess' with no surcharge of any kind to use any portion of it.
Yes it was completely free of charge, and very easy to use: no waste of time nor paper.

Sorry, I have no idea if any other Carnival Corporation brands have this capability. Or, how, or why they do this stuff in the manner that they do it.:cool:

I would add that having or not having all of the latest technology is a minor part of my cruising experience.:D

We were on the breeze in July and Carnival had a interactive TV system to check menus for the entire cruise and folio activity at ant time. It worked great and was easy to use.

Maybe we should poll this discussion on whether we would like to see our bill and menus on TV? I personally believe that we should have the capability to do so. Other cruise lines do offer this capability.

So far, I have only seen one or possibly two who would not use the TV to review their bill or want to see the menus displayed on the TV.

I would love to have that option. Seems like people do inquire about it somewhat regularly here.

Edited by snapdragon7

Thanks for the info. Most lines with interactive systems charge a fee for at least some access in order to offset the cost of the system. I assume the Costa interactive system was completely free like Princess' with no surcharge of any kind to use any portion of it.

Other lines interactive systems are indeed free though they do have additional pay per view 1st run movies just like hotels but folio viewing, ships movies, excursion reservations, menu's and everything else is in fact free.....face it Princess is just behind the 8 ball on this, you can make all of the excuses in the world for them and claim to be "in the know" all you like but its all just excuses for Princess's failure to get onboard with a feature many people like...

It seems by the MANY posts here wanting interactive TV that your "in the know" knowledge is somewhat lacking.....:rolleyes: just because a few Princess Cheerleaders do or don't want something does not mean everyone else does and as you already know its new cruisers and yet to cruise customers who cruise lines cater to, not the cheerleaders who Princess knows is money in the bank regardless....

I was recently on RCL and NCL cruises and both had interactive TV. I checked it everyday to make sure my charges were accurate. I sail more on Princess then other lines and would like to see the interactive TV's too. I enjoy going to the dining room to see the dinner menu after it's posted but probably would look at it if they had it on the TV.

For those that don't want interactive TV there's a solution DON'T look.

The finest and best use of the cabin TV is the Love Boat reruns. :D

I was grumbling when they ran the same ones each day on different cruises, and in November they only had two episodes on a 15 day cruise.:(

As far as the dinner menus, we've usually been able to find them all day outside whatever MDRs aren't being used for breakfast and lunch.

I have zero interest in reviewing my bill on the television or on checking out menus. I have zero interest in anything that advances the march of technology into my cruise vacations. I caved on a Kindle but that's as far as I'm going to go.

First of all, what you techno geeks don't realize is that it's much quicker to read a piece of paper than to click on "next" or to scroll down or whatever. Just because you can see it on a screen doesn't make it automatically more efficient to do it that way.

Second, in my experience with assorted hotel stays, the more interactive the television, the more complicated and difficult it is to use the remote just to watch a television program. So I am completely opposed to interactivity, despite seeing the wind blowing in that direction.

And, for the record, I am not in the geezer demographic.

I have zero interest in reviewing my bill on the television or on checking out menus. I have zero interest in anything that advances the march of technology into my cruise vacations. I caved on a Kindle but that's as far as I'm going to go.

First of all, what you techno geeks don't realize is that it's much quicker to read a piece of paper than to click on "next" or to scroll down or whatever. Just because you can see it on a screen doesn't make it automatically more efficient to do it that way.

Second, in my experience with assorted hotel stays, the more interactive the television, the more complicated and difficult it is to use the remote just to watch a television program. So I am completely opposed to interactivity, despite seeing the wind blowing in that direction.

And, for the record, I am not in the geezer demographic.

You really made my day. I have not laughed so much in a long time. After I read this posting, I was historical.

'Techno Geeks'-

'Read of piece of Paper'

Then if this applies to you and what you have said, how do you read all of these things on this forum? Via Paper print out? LOL

You must be one of those Techno Geeks who is not in the geezer demographics.

Thanks for the funny posting.

While interactive TVs and the smartphone app might be a convenient option for some, it's not in the "must have" category for me. I do have a smartphone, but it generally goes into the safe when I board. On my last cruise on the Golden, I did download the app and connect to check it out, but I found I really didn't want to carry my smartphone around with me, so into the same it went. I can always look at the menu outside the dining room, and print a copy of my folio at the kiosk.

I'm sure it costs Princess something to develop the interactive TVs/new smartphone app and to debug it and maintain it. I'm also sure they will pass on the extra costs somewhere and I'd much rather they not raise my cruising costs to cover it.

So, for me, the answer would be, no, interactive TVs/smartphone app is not something I need or "demand" (or even suggest on the surveys). Now better internet connectivity during the times I do want to connect would be good, but that's just my preference.