2015 Identity Captain, Hotel Director, Concierge, etc.

jaja

I'm not trying to undermine the efforts made here - but I do not really understand the importance of the information.

Does service or the overall cruise experience vary based on who holds these positions? How would one cruise be different with a different Executive Staff?

I can understand if you had a crap Concierge or something, but I don't really see the need to know the rest.

Can someone shed some light on this?

ive never had the conceirge but the only one i care about is the cruise director. they are a huge part of the experience. last cd we had was non impressive and arrogant. He asked me to dance and i didn't know a specific latan dance so he told me to take lessons and went on his way. still trying to talk the hubbs into lesson because i was embarressed. One director who has moved on from ncl was sinan, he was amazing and enhanced the entire trip.

Yea John, be a good boy. : > )

I said she was great....:):p

There are other good ones, but her name came to mind first.

She is amazing.

Judy

That's one the best and quickest CYAs I've ever seen ......... LOL

Hi,

What I meant was that I assume that the Miami folks set the tone and do the scheduling for officers. Maybe they are not happy with possible new procedures. This was just a guess.

I thought Hugo was amazing and he said that he had hoped to be on the Star for a long time.

He thought of it as his home.

Now he’s leaving???

I dont think the Corporate folks would have as much impact on crew members, but the officers do interact with them.....

Also, Captain Kostas Fafalios has been on the Star for many years. Unless he decided to retire, I can not imagine him leaving.

He’s another wonderful person.

Anyone know about him?

Judy

I do not think it is totally a corporate thing. With the increase in the number of ships in the fleet the family closeness is being lost with so many new joiners who have not been through the NCL ranks.

Maybe also a generational thing in that the senior crew that are leaving are ones that we have all known and loved. Why because the job is a tough one and after the number of years they have been doing it they simply want a more "normal" way of life with their own families. Money is no longer the driver.

Lets face it being on a cruise ship does not lead to a normal family work life balance. Also land based jobs are now more available with the CV of senior position with a major first rate cruise line behind them.

May be the changes are not so subtle and some of them feel that it is no longer is for them.

Yes there is the overriding feeling that as a corporate they are now "profit centred" but that applies to all listed companies or at least should do.

We all here have our favourites (that is accepted) and we will have to accept that time is marching on and sadly some of them will or have left.:(

I do not think it is totally a corporate thing. With the increase in the number of ships in the fleet the family closeness is being lost with so many new joiners who have not been through the NCL ranks.

Maybe also a generational thing in that the senior crew that are leaving are ones that we have all known and loved. Why because the job is a tough one and after the number of years they have been doing it they simply want a more "normal" way of life with their own families. Money is no longer the driver.

Lets face it being on a cruise ship does not lead to a normal family work life balance. Also land based jobs are now more available with the CV of senior position with a major first rate cruise line behind them.

May be the changes are not so subtle and some of them feel that it is no longer is for them.

Yes there is the overriding feeling that as a corporate they are now "profit centred" but that applies to all listed companies or at least should do.

We all here have our favourites (that is accepted) and we will have to accept that time is marching on and sadly some of them will or have left.:(

I should have added that whilst we believe these people made NCLwhat it is today we just do not know if HQ agree as long as people pay and go Hq do not really mind who is on a ship.

I should have added that whilst we believe these people made NCLwhat it is today we just do not know if HQ agree as long as people pay and go Hq do not really mind who is on a ship.

This is probably the best statement to explain the thoughts of the corporate folks.

It is sad, but probably true.

Any current information on the Getaway by chance?

Many thanks :)

Errol Bailey returns Saturday 7/25/15 as HD

Jose Contreras is Beverage Manager until 9/4/15 then Oneil Pandit returns

Errol Nelson is Asst HD

Not sure of the rest on GA

Don't hold your breath. Sadly he is not returning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

So sad to see Hugo go. I've sailed with him numerous times and the last time it was like meeting an old friend.

Just off the Getaway this morning.

Captain: Rune Myre

Hotel Director (We were very fortunate to have Klaus Lugmaier for the first half of the week and now equally awesome Errol Bailey has taken over).

Concierge: Adrian Bica (leaving August 1st and John D'Souza taking over)

Food & Beverage: Papi

Tracy

Does anyone know what Hugo will be doing now?

Like everyone else, I think he is awesome!

I wonder if he is going to another line or if he is retiring. :confused::confused::confused:

I wish him well.

Judy

We dined with Hugo on june 22 on the Star. He told us that after our cruise he has 2 months vacation and then return on the Star.