2015 Identity Captain, Hotel Director, Concierge, etc.

jaja

Yes, Norwegian seems to be losing a number of good people lately. Adding Matthias Holz to the list, that is 3 Hotel Directors in short time span.

Is this telling us something about the new Corporate Biggies?

Judy

Sure seems so...:( .

Is this telling us something about the new Corporate Biggies?

Judy

Judy,

We will just have to wait and see. I am praying that the old adage, "what goes around .... " will very soon rear its beautiful head. I am beside myself with disgust at what is happening. :mad:

PS it looks like we are missing each other by a hair's breadth on a couple of upcoming cruises.

I am not sure that Corporate has a lot to do with staff leaving. On my last three cruises, in talking with staff on many levels, a number are saying "This is my last contract. My family has given up too much and I have given up too much. It is time to put family first".

I am not sure that Corporate has a lot to do with staff leaving. On my last three cruises, in talking with staff on many levels, a number are saying "This is my last contract. My family has given up too much and I have given up too much. It is time to put family first".

Hi,

What I meant was that I assume that the Miami folks set the tone and do the scheduling for officers. Maybe they are not happy with possible new procedures. This was just a guess.

I thought Hugo was amazing and he said that he had hoped to be on the Star for a long time.

He thought of it as his home.

Now he’s leaving???

I dont think the Corporate folks would have as much impact on crew members, but the officers do interact with them.....

Also, Captain Kostas Fafalios has been on the Star for many years. Unless he decided to retire, I can not imagine him leaving.

He’s another wonderful person.

Anyone know about him?

Judy

Hi,

What I meant was that I assume that the Miami folks set the tone and do the scheduling for officers. Maybe they are not happy with possible new procedures. This was just a guess.

I thought Hugo was amazing and he said that he had hoped to be on the Star for a long time.

He thought of it as his home.

Now he’s leaving???

I dont think the Corporate folks would have as much impact on crew members, but the officers do interact with them.....

Also, Captain Kostas Fafalios has been on the Star for many years. Unless he decided to retire, I can not imagine him leaving.

He’s another wonderful person.

Anyone know about him?

Judy

Far as I know, Captain Fafalios left for vacation on June 12. Hugo is gone per Pixie.

Edited by davesgirl51

More than a few of my contacts have reported growing conern and disenchantment with all sorts of little changes here and little changes there. (e.g. fewer permanent assignments, making new assignments during vacation, cutting staff with increased work loads, staff treated as workers not extended family, etc.)

This has been a growing trend long before the new regime arrived.

It seems to have eminated from the powers behind the scenes, who are major stockholders. (e.g. Genting Group owners of Star Cruises 28%, Apollo Management-Investors 20%, and TPG nee: TexasPacificGroup-Investors 8%)

The new regime, itself, was engineered by and/or for these powers behind the scenes.

Welcome to the New NCL, "The Emerald City at Sea". (No peeking behind the curtain)

Edited by Uniall

More than a few of my contacts have reported growing conern and disenchantment with all sorts of little changes here and little changes there. (e.g. fewer permanent assignments, making new assignments during vacation, cutting staff with increased work loads, staff treated as workers not extended family, etc.)

This has been a growing trend long before the new regime arrived.

It seems to have eminated from the powers behind the scenes, who are major stockholders. (e.g. Genting Group owners of Star Cruises 28%, Apollo Management-Investors 20%, and TPG nee: TexasPacificGroup-Investors 8%)

The new regime, itself, was engineered by and/or for these powers behind the scenes.

Welcome to the New NCL, "The Emerald City at Sea". (No peeking behind the curtain)

While I have no doubt this comes from the major stockholders, FYI Genting is no longer the largest single stockholder in NCLH after selling a good chunk of their stock in March. They also no longer have any seats on the board of directors. Genting has also indicated they want to sell more of their NCLH stock. Keep in mind that they purchased Crystal Cruises in May for $550 million and are operating that cruise line.

Together, Apollo and TPG own over 50% of NCLH stock and control the board. This really isn't much of a change from when Apollo first bought 50% of NCL a few years ago, and immediately sold off a substantial hunk of that to TPG. Even though Genting still owned 50% of the company at that time, they accepted a minority position on the board as part of the agreement of sale to Apollo.

The bottom line is that it's essentially the same stockholders controlling the company board now as it was back when Apollo first bought in. It's their attitude that's apparently changed, not who is calling the shots.

Edited by njhorseman

While I have no doubt this comes from the major stockholders, FYI Genting is no longer the largest single stockholder in NCLH after selling a good chunk of their stock in March. They also no longer have any seats on the board of directors. Genting has also indicated they want to sell more of their NCLH stock. Keep in mind that they purchased Crystal Cruises in May for $550 million and are operating that cruise line.

Together, Apollo and TPG own over 50% of NCLH stock and control the board. This really isn't much of a change from when Apollo first bought 50% of NCL a few years ago, and immediately sold off a substantial hunk of that to TPG. Even though Genting still owned 50% of the company at that time, they accepted a minority position on the board as part of the agreement of sale to Apollo.

The bottom line is that it's essentially the same stockholders controlling the company board now as it was back when Apollo first bought in. It's their attitude that's apparently changed, not who is calling the shots.

I missed the stock transfers in May while I was doing a 30 day Trans Pacific from Sydney to Vancouver. Thanks for the update. I'll mark my porfolio.

By the By, my information indicates that all three corporations share interconnecting major participants.

But the import of my post was not to state the present per centage of ownership.

It was to demonstrate that hidden owners began hands on mangement style some time ago. (At the former ownership levels)

Their management ran the gamut from the grand to the small and had an adverse affect on the morale of the NCL shipboard crew.

As one long time upper level crew said: "We used to be members of the NCL family, now we're just workers".

Another commented: "I've been with NCL many years and loved it. But, now it makes me tired because I don't feel I'm appreciated any more."

While these comments surprised me, it made sense of my observation of a drifting away from the effusive NCL "family spirit" that had transfered from crew to passenger in time past.

Edited by Uniall

Any thoughts on Cruise Director, Armen, and Cruise Director, Steven? I don't believe we've ever cruised with them before.

Thanks in advance!

I have cruised with Armen on Epic and he just didn't seem like a friendly nor approachable guy at all. I have also chatted with staffers on my most recent cruise who have worked under Armen and they really didn't have anything positive to say about Armen.

Any thoughts on Cruise Director, Armen, and Cruise Director, Steven? I don't believe we've ever cruised with them before.

Thanks in advance!

If it is Steven from Fiji - he is wonderful! If it is another Steven- then i don't know him.

I have cruised with Armen on Epic and he just didn't seem like a friendly nor approachable guy at all. I have also chatted with staffers on my most recent cruise who have worked under Armen and they really didn't have anything positive to say about Armen.

Thank you!!

Francesco takes over for Carlos on July 11.

How is Francesco as concierge? Sailing Gem 8/1

Also, we will be sailing BA Oct. 4 and our first time inside the Haven. Would love to hear others experiences. thankyou

How is Francesco as concierge? Sailing Gem 8/1

Also, we will be sailing BA Oct. 4 and our first time inside the Haven. Would love to hear others experiences. thankyou

Francesco is the best concierge ever. I have known 6 concierge and if any of the ones I had had been even 70% as good as he is then I would have felt blessed. He is the benchmark I measure others against and they don't come close.

Francesco is the best concierge ever. I have known 6 concierge and if any of the ones I had had been even 70% as good as he is then I would have felt blessed. He is the benchmark I measure others against and they don't come close.

Best Concierge ever, ever is David Contreras - there is no such thing as no or it can't be done - he is incredible!!!