which carnival ship is the best

joswhales

hello everyone, im looking for opinions on which carnival ship is the best to sail on.i have only sailed on conquest (which i loved ) and sunshine ( was only ok at best). i love to do and try anything and everything on the ships. i will only travel on 7 nights or longer cruises cause i have to travel so far i like to sail longer. any suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated.. thankyou

hello everyone, im looking for opinions on which carnival ship is the best to sail on.i have only sailed on conquest (which i loved ) and sunshine ( was only ok at best). i love to do and try anything and everything on the ships. i will only travel on 7 nights or longer cruises cause i have to travel so far i like to sail longer. any suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated.. thankyou

I like the Magic from Galveston the best!

I've loved Dream the most, by far. Great waterslides (which I totally love), great food, great atmosphere, great promenade deck, great lanai, cove balconies, Blackjack Band in the oceans plaza, & the best shows of any Carnival ship. The 2 ships you sailed on have the type of shows that I don't really like that much, the ones that are 30 minutes & have no live music. Dream's shows have twice the performers, are twice as long, and use live music. Other favorite ships of mine also still have this: Triumph, Splendor, Magic, Valor. and a couple I haven't been on that many people love: Liberty & Paradise.

I should mention that I don't really care for Guys burgers; thought they were just okay. Dream doesn't have Guys, but instead they serve up regular burgers much later into the evening, with more options at that station other than just burgers. Dream doesn't have Blue Iguana cantina, which I did enjoy, but in its place, Dream does have a lunch burrito bar, plus without the cantina, Dream is allowed to serve up a huge late night Mexican buffet during one of the deck parties. Dream still has the free pasta bar. No extra-pay dinner there, but I haven't partaken of that on Magic or Breeze. Triumph & Liberty has the Guys & Blue Iguana, plus they still have the good shows as I mentioned.

For me, I love Dream's decor: flashy without going too far. I love the atmosphere: tons to do without it seeming overwhelming. You can wear yourself out with all there is to do, or you can lay around & do nothing, or switch back & forth, and it all feels right.

There is only 1 choice....the southern route for 8 days that stops at Aruba and Curacao on the Breeze. This itinerary sails 11 times in 2015. The cheapest is on 2/14 and even has an extra day at sea. Until the Vista comes out, the Breeze is the flagship of Carnival. She has the subdued Caribbean colors and the bulk of the 2.0 upgrades. The Cucina del Capitano is the best 15.00 upcharge for dinner, while the numerous cooked to order food options for lunch can keep you away from the buffet if you so desire.

That's a hard one. So much changes from one cruise to another on the same ship. The passengers change, some of the crew changes, the weather changes, some ports are missed, mechanical mishaps might occur, the CD you were lookiing forward to sailing with might be off that week, etc.

Our best cruise was on the Freedom, even though the last sea day had high cold winds and everybody stayed inside. We still had more fun on that cruise. We like the size of the Conquest Class the best. The Dream Class seemed more crowded on sea days to us.

I only travel for 7 or eight days :) HOWEVER my family and I tend to do Back to back cruises now so one time we done a B2B on the Freedom and loved EVERY minute of it it was a six and eight day cruise.

I have to say I have enjoyed all my cruises I have been on with Carnival :)

• 2 weeks later...
Why did u love Conquest?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

i loved the conquest out of new orleans. maybe because it was the first cruise i had been on in 20 years. the crew members were great. the only complaint we had the whole week was an annoying lady we had to sit with at dinner she was very racist and uppity after 2 days with her my husband refused to go back to the dining room, so i went without him. i loved the playlist production shows. the food was great no matter where we ate on the ship. have you sailed on conquest?

I don't have a favorite but am partial to all the ships we've been on...after all, they were our "home" for a week. :) We've been mostly on the Conquest class (our last three cruises...Glory, Valor, and Liberty) so we're pretty familiar with the layout and know our way around.

I've loved Dream the most, by far. Great waterslides (which I totally love), great food, great atmosphere, great promenade deck, great lanai, cove balconies, Blackjack Band in the oceans plaza, & the best shows of any Carnival ship. The 2 ships you sailed on have the type of shows that I don't really like that much, the ones that are 30 minutes & have no live music. Dream's shows have twice the performers, are twice as long, and use live music. Other favorite ships of mine also still have this: Triumph, Splendor, Magic, Valor. and a couple I haven't been on that many people love: Liberty & Paradise.

I should mention that I don't really care for Guys burgers; thought they were just okay. Dream doesn't have Guys, but instead they serve up regular burgers much later into the evening, with more options at that station other than just burgers. Dream doesn't have Blue Iguana cantina, which I did enjoy, but in its place, Dream does have a lunch burrito bar, plus without the cantina, Dream is allowed to serve up a huge late night Mexican buffet during one of the deck parties. Dream still has the free pasta bar. No extra-pay dinner there, but I haven't partaken of that on Magic or Breeze. Triumph & Liberty has the Guys & Blue Iguana, plus they still have the good shows as I mentioned.

For me, I love Dream's decor: flashy without going too far. I love the atmosphere: tons to do without it seeming overwhelming. You can wear yourself out with all there is to do, or you can lay around & do nothing, or switch back & forth, and it all feels right.

thanks for all the info on dream she is one of my top choices that im looking to sail on. the comment you made about the live music shows. what type of live music do they perform? i did enjoy the playlist productions but im sure the other ships that have those shows have the same ones and i would like to see something new. i love waterslides so that is a big plus for me..my husband likes to sit on the top deck and watch the water while i like to do everything else. thanks again for the info

I certainly understand the travel issues and need longer cruises. I've done do less then 7 day trips. The first we went out of Miami, which we had to fly too. Wasn't sure if we would like cruising for the first, so we spent a day in Key West and then a day in Miami before the cruise. The day after, we spent in Miami before flying home. So you can always split time in the city you go to (or area) with the cruise time. Still I prefer 7 days myself.

The 2nd one was a birthday party cruise for my niece, and was a quicker 4 day cruise. It was fun but far to short. The other option if you want to try a smaller boat (fantasy class) is doing a back to back. We did once, and would do it again in the right situation. Pretty cool when they take you off the boat to cleaer customs, and put you right back and you have the ship to yourself. We got back to our room on the 2nd leg with a bottle of champagne in the room and got to keep all the liquor we bought from the 1st leg (approved smuggling). :) The bad side of the back to back can be where you are heading can repeat. Twice to Nasauu on in a week? Not the best, but I go for the boat anyway.

As for your question, My favorite was the Legend for whatever reason. Just liked the unique layout, and they had a spot that was just a hallway, but had a bunch of fake trees like a forest and portholes that looked out of the boat. Always loved that area and it was seldom traveled (If I remember it was close to camp carnival, whcih was why we were there). But every thing about that cruise I loved, and would go on it again, if it was still in the carribean. But, in reality I loved all the ships. It's why I keep coming back.

Easy answer: my favorite ship is the one I'm on next.

Extended answer: I've only taken 3 cruises so far (3 months from #4!!) and I've been on a different 'class' each time and I have not yet experienced any of the 2.0 upgrades.

My favorite class is Spirit. Maybe it's because it was my first cruise but I was on the Pride and I LOVED spending my days on the large aft Adults only pool area. I loved the flow of that ship and I felt it was easier to navigate than the other ships that I was on (Elation & Victory)

I can't wait to go on the Miracle in April (after her dry dock) and be on a Spirit class ship again.

thanks for all the info on dream she is one of my top choices that im looking to sail on. the comment you made about the live music shows. what type of live music do they perform? i did enjoy the playlist productions but im sure the other ships that have those shows have the same ones and i would like to see something new. i love waterslides so that is a big plus for me..my husband likes to sit on the top deck and watch the water while i like to do everything else. thanks again for the info

My 3 times on Dream, there were 3 big production shows that used a live band, 2 singers, & 12 dancers. One show, Dancing in the Streets, was an amazing production, using the Fun Force dancers & a couple fly-on guys in addition to the regular performers, to total 20 on-stage performers. It was amazing! Tough to describe & do it justice. Such an incredible show, & extremely popular. Those Fun Force dancers are exclusive to the Dream, and they work some with the kids club during the week. They are breakdancers, and they even have their own show on another night out in the atrium. The other 2 production shows are a country show & a motown show. I'm not much into motown, but I still enjoy that show. My 3rd time on the Dream, I still went to all the shows, and I never tire of them. All are 1 hour long. Dancing in the Streets tends to go a little over an hour. They use real props & don't have those big screens in the backdrop, and I do prefer real props.

There seems to be about 8 different Playlist Production shows now, maybe more. Some get better reports than others. Epic Rock & 88 Keys seem to get much better reports than Brits, Divas, & a couple others. I've seen only 3 of them, and I didn't think those were good. Just something to do, but not really entertaining to me. I've been spoiled. You could see some different shows on another ship, but there's a good chance of seeing a repeat.

There are 2 large waterslides on Dream, both bodyslides. The Twister is an enclosed twisting slide. The Drainpipe is very unique. It starts out enclosed, picking up lots of speed, then it drops you into an open bowl, and you spin around the bowl until you stop. Then you get up & walk down the steps. I have sometimes gone around the bowl on Dream about 4.5 times. Breeze & Magic have these same 2 slides, but I can only go around their Drainpipes 3 times. You do feel the bumps on the slide, but you will get used to it. Just stick with it, and you won't even notice it after 10 rides a day for 2 or 3 days. The red marks on the back will heal. Dream also has 2 racer slides that are one story tall. Magic & Breeze do not have this, but they have more splashing features for the kids. All 3 ships have a tiny kiddie slide. Sunshine has 3 large waterslides, but 2 of them are identical, and no Drainpipe or anything else unique.

thanks again for the info!!!! playlist productions i saw divas, motorcity,britts on conquest and latin nights, studio vip, epic rock on sunshine. i was surprised that was all the shows they offered for a week cruise. i too think i would like the shows you described better. the waterslides on sunshine were super fast. sunshine was a beautiful ship but short staffed made for not a pleasant cruise....the comedians on these ships were horrible too! now to convince my friends that a 7 day cruise is better than a 4 day cruise. i think they are afraid they wont like it cause they have never cruised before. i love sailing out of new orleans only a 15 hour drive for us closer than florida..