Tampa fog

Homosassa

Didn't even think about the fog when we booked the Paradise for February. Hopefully our embarkation and debarkations days will be clear as a bell!

Just gives this worry wort something else to worry about!

Good luck to whoever is sailing this weekend.

I leave out of Tampa on January 10. Flight arrives in Tampa at 830am - if all goes well weather wise in the midwest I should have plenty of time to get to the port. Returning on the 15th my flight leaves Tampa at 830pm that night lol. I figure I will be one of the last people off the ship then I will hang out in the airport for the rest of the day.

Plenty of fog here in Tampa Bay this morning but we were lucky as no ships set sail today; Paradise left on time yesterday.

Tomorrow (RCL) Vision and Brilliance is here, Sunday is Carnival Pride, (NCL) Sun, and (HAL) Ryndam, with the Carnival Paradise out again on Monday. The chances of fog is reducing day by day with a 30% chance of some rain on Monday.

Either way, stay tuned to local weather and updates from Carnival. For those of you outside of the TB area here is a local news link; then click on weather: http://www.baynews9.com .

Edited by Captain Carnival

When the temperature and dew point get within 5 degrees of each other is when you run the greatest risk for fog. The dew point is the temperature at which the air becomes saturated, so the closer the temperature is to the dew point, the greater the chance is for fog.

Just received the following RE the arrival of the Pride Sunday morning:

January 3, 2015

Greetings folks!

We know you must be very excited about your cruise tomorrow. So we want to provide you some important information regarding the arrival of the Carnival Pride.

We are sorry to say the forecast for the Tampa Bay area indicates a possibility of fog. This means the port would be closed for safety reasons and our arrival tomorrow morning would be delayed.

We will continue to monitor the weather conditions and provide you an update tomorrow morning by 9AM EST. For your comfort and convenience, we ask that you not proceed to the terminal until we confirm the ship's arrival time and embarkation hours for your cruise tomorrow

In the meantime, to stay in touch, if you haven't already done so, please sign up for text alerts by texting CCL1 to CRUISE (278473) to receive updates on our arrival into Tampa.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. Most importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard!

Sincerely,