Police/Fire/EMS Discount

I booked through this. Do you provide the proof on check in or what? I work for a small private ambulance company and our ID badges don't have security features, it's just printed on a plain plastic card. I was going to bring my professional license and pay stub as back up to prove my employment as an EMT. This should be fine.... Right?

Fabulous. I am just slightly paranoid. Thanks [emoji4] so no one has ever had to provide proof that they qualify for the discount?
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!:D

Bring your documentation, but they probably will not ask for it. The one time you don't bring it, will be the time they ask.:eek:

Fabulous. I am just slightly paranoid. Thanks [emoji4] so no one has ever had to provide proof that they qualify for the discount?

For past Military discount I was required to provide DD214 for Princess and Carnival on file now with them. That was at booking. I will say I redacted portions of the DD214 as simply too much information to provide got no problem from them about that. I don't recall if ever used on RCL however wife and I have used Police discount and never had to provide our credentials.

That said, before everyone suddenly jumps on this. There is always a first time. Second I have often found that the discounts were rarely more lucrative than some other discount being offered. Usually you can have this Police etc discount or that normal discount not both and one is as good as another.

George in NY

Edited by Georgeny

To be technical Police/Fire/EMS, Military, Residency and Senior Special Rates are not discounts (eg a $200 Balcony Discount if you are Diamond) but just a different, usually lower, rate available to some. If you booked a cabin at say $900pp, and that cabin is now selling at $1200 but has a EMS Special Rate of $1000, there is NOT a $200 discount that can be applied to your $900 fare. In the past Special Rates were combineable with items (eg shareholder OBC) that could not be combined with discounts, but RCI has been closing most of those "loopholes", so whether it is a discount or Special Rate is becoming moot.

I spoke to my TA about something else and he said I have both the resident and EMS rate...

Things must be changing with Royal's pricing structure. In the past, you could only have one "rate", be it standard, residency, senior, military, or law enforcement.

And no I'm not logged in. But when I call they reiterate the fare rules about bringing proof that I qualify for the fare.

SOP. You are booked, have the special rate, and you have your documentation, nothing else needed, you have it covered

I get that, but that's why I know it's the EMS rate not a past guest rate, :-)

If the rate you are getting is lower than on the web site while not logged in, you must be getting some extra discount. I tried it myself and the rate does go even lower than the EMS rate once I log in.

Anyway, none of that really matters - as others have said you are unlikely to ever be asked for documents but if you are asked, whatever you bring will be enough.