Suites Amenities for Neptune and Pinnacle

seasearider

We are going on our second HAL cruise first time in one of the top suites. What are the perks that are included?

Thank you very much for any information.

the HAL website outlines it pretty clearly, but in a nutshell...

priority boarding, tendering

the Neptune Lounge (of course) which includes the use of the concierge who can pretty much do anything for you - shore excursions, account printouts, cashing T/C's, exchanging money, restaurant reservations, lost and found reports (yes, I have had to do that) - the list goes on.

Pinnacle Grill for breakfast (unless you are on of the S & R ships - some of those are in the Kings/Queens Room - my memory is short)

laundry, drycleaning a pressing are all included

suite reception and if the cruise is over 7 days a suite luncheon.

I'm sure I have forgotten some but those are the main ones for us.

Nine pillows of mixed densities (3 each hard, medium, and soft).

MDR daily menus delivered to your stateroom around noon.

You may disembark the ship at cruise end any time you wish, so sleep a bit later that morning.

The Concierge can arrange a course-by-course dinner from the MDR menu to be served by a dedicated waiter in your room or verandah. If I remember correctly, they also provide a nice white tablecloth.

Here you go:

A very special amenity exclusively for guests cruising in a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite, the industry-leading Neptune Lounge features a private place to relax, socialize with other suite guests and enjoy the personalized service of a concierge. The fleet-wide lounges provide worktables, large screen television, library, sofas and chairs, refreshments throughout the day and Wi-Fi for a small charge. One-Touch 24-hour Concierge Service is available when the Neptune Lounge is closed.

Teak-lined private verandah

Complimentary laundry, pressing and dry cleaning throughout your cruise

Complimentary sparkling wine served in the Neptune Lounge upon embarkation

Complimentary bottled water provided in suite at embarkation

Gorgeous corsages and boutonnieres for the first formal night

Cold hors d'oeuvres served before dinner each evening on request

Binoculars and umbrellas for your use on the cruise

Cocktail party with ship's officers

Priority boarding for tendered ports of call

Special disembarkation service

Priority dining and seating requests

Exclusive daily breakfast service

High tea service in suite on request

A variety of firm, medium and soft pillows

Premium duvet; oversized bath towels; and soft, cotton bathrobes and slippers

No-host mini-bar for easy entertaining

Personalized cruise stationery

One-touch telephone concierge service

Fresh flowers

Signature Touches in Every Stateroom

Our signature Mariner’s Dream™ bed featuring a plush Euro-Top mattress and finely woven cotton linens

Daily housekeeping to tidy belongings and keep staterooms immaculate

100% Egyptian cotton towels

Lighted magnifying mirrors; massage showerheads; salon-quality hair dryers

Luxurious bathrobes for use during the voyage

Fragrant soaps, lotions, shampoo and other bath amenities from Elemis Aromapure

Flat-panel TV and DVD player

Complimentary DVD library

Generous storage

Safes for your valuables

Complimentary fresh fruit on request

Complimentary 24-hour In-Room Dining

Nightly turndown service

Complimentary shoeshine service

Complimentary ice service

Q

Here you go:

A very special amenity exclusively for guests cruising in a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite, the industry-leading Neptune Lounge features a private place to relax, socialize with other suite guests and enjoy the personalized service of a concierge. The fleet-wide lounges provide worktables, large screen television, library, sofas and chairs, refreshments throughout the day and Wi-Fi for a small charge. One-Touch 24-hour Concierge Service is available when the Neptune Lounge is closed.

Teak-lined private verandah

Complimentary laundry, pressing and dry cleaning throughout your cruise

Complimentary sparkling wine served in the Neptune Lounge upon embarkation

Complimentary bottled water provided in suite at embarkation

Gorgeous corsages and boutonnieres for the first formal night

Cold hors d'oeuvres served before dinner each evening on request

Binoculars and umbrellas for your use on the cruise

Cocktail party with ship's officers

Priority boarding for tendered ports of call

Special disembarkation service

Priority dining and seating requests

Exclusive daily breakfast service

High tea service in suite on request

A variety of firm, medium and soft pillows

Premium duvet; oversized bath towels; and soft, cotton bathrobes and slippers

No-host mini-bar for easy entertaining

Personalized cruise stationery

One-touch telephone concierge service

Fresh flowers

Signature Touches in Every Stateroom

Our signature Mariner’s Dream™ bed featuring a plush Euro-Top mattress and finely woven cotton linens

Daily housekeeping to tidy belongings and keep staterooms immaculate

100% Egyptian cotton towels

Lighted magnifying mirrors; massage showerheads; salon-quality hair dryers

Luxurious bathrobes for use during the voyage

Fragrant soaps, lotions, shampoo and other bath amenities from Elemis Aromapure

Flat-panel TV and DVD player

Complimentary DVD library

Generous storage

Safes for your valuables

Complimentary fresh fruit on request

Complimentary 24-hour In-Room Dining

Nightly turndown service

Complimentary shoeshine service

Complimentary ice service

Thank you, but what a big step down from other lines. Don't get me wrong, we are looking forward to our cruise but it is only 7 days and the big benefit seems to be laundry which we won't use.

Goodness I thought HAL was at least on par with Celebrity but it seems they are not in the same hempishere. Honestly HAL's suites perks are a few notches down from Royal Caribbean, not our favorite cruise line. Also we've cruised in top suites a couple of times on Princess and it seems their perks are better than HAL.

We are spending a lot of money for this cruise. I guess I was naive to think HAL offered equal benefits as their closest competitor.

Edited by seasearider

Q

Thank you, but what a big step down from other lines. Don't get me wrong, we are looking forward to our cruise but it is only 7 days and the big benefit seems to be laundry which we won't use.

Goodness I thought HAL was at least on par with Celebrity but it seems they are not in the same hempishere. Honestly HAL's suites perks are a few notches down from Royal Caribbean, not our favorite cruise line. Also we've cruised in top suites a couple of times on Princess and it seems their perks are better than HAL.

We are spending a lot of money for this cruise. I guess I was naive to think HAL offered equal benefits as their closest competitor.

I would be very interested to learn the Suite benefits of these other Cruise lines, if you have time to post them here on this thread.

We really miss the Suite lunches we used to get on our 10 and 11 day segments of cruises. The last one we had was in 2012 on a 14 day Alaskan cruise.

Also gone for the suites -- a special dinner with the captain and hotel manager and a couple of other officers. They have been gone for years.

Q

We are Elite members on Princess and it has been years since we cruised on them.

What are their Suite perks now?

Q

I cruised on princess last April in a full suite and princess perks were non existent. I was totally unimpressed and have mentioned it a few times on the boards. What specifically did you think was better on princess? Are you before final payment on hal? That way you could still cancel and book on a line that better suits your needs.

I'm pleased to see that some cruise lines are following the lead of Cunard, which offers the most benefits. At first I hesitated booking a Neptune suite for our Alaska cruise because of the lack of amenities in relation to the fare. But the fare for our particular cruise was somewhat less than what we pay on Cunard so we felt it was reasonable. But other HAL cruises we looked at were charging the same or even more than Cunard for the same size of suite. We were looking at a Canada/New England cruise on which the fare for seven days was just under C.$5,000 p.p. - way more than we have ever paid on Cunard.

Cunard has two levels of suite service: Princess and Queens. Each has its own single-seating restaurant (although they are almost identical in appearance) with an extensive a la carte menu, many flambé items and the encouragement to order off-menu. Depending on the ship there may be one or two Grills lounges and either a small or large private deck area. Queens suites have butler service and a free in-room bar. Those are the main benefits in addition to the usual preferred embarkation/disembarkation. Other lines, such as NCL, MSC (and from what I have read on this forum, Celebrity) are expanding their amenities for suites to include a private restaurant. I wonder if HAL will follow. HAL can teach Cunard something, though: the complimentary laundry and dry cleaning service.:)

It is amusing that many people still rant about Cunard's dreaded "class system" - "I will never sail on Cunard because of that" is the most common complaint. These are likely the same people who have no qualms about travelling on aeroplanes, trains or staying in hotels that have areas that are off-limits to those who haven't paid for them. The way the cruise industry is going, it might be hard for these moaners to find a ship that doesn't have some off-limits areas. (Not being "to the manor born" we do not always travel in the Grills on Cunard and we have no problem accepting the amenities that we pay for on any cruise line, whether basic or deluxe.)

Edited by david,Mississauga