Where is this Port?

paremata2

A little bit of trivia for the New Year.

Earlier this year whilst on the Quest we were diverted to this tiny port. ImageUploadedByForums1420376414.272285.jpg.0822d07b9d3b6cba141b4bce4bbce1b6.jpg

The photo was taken from the ship.

What is the name of the port and where is it?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The picture is too small to identify anything even when clicking on it. I'll guess anyway: Port Hastings in Nova Scotia?

Hi Floridiana,

I am sorry that it's so small. Clicking on it makes it a little larger but not good enough. Adding to the problem, the photo was taken on a cloudy day not long before dusk, when we were about to depart.

I put it up using my iPhone. I wont do that again!

Sorry the answer is not, Port Hastings in Nova Scotia.

Earlier this year whilst on the Quest we were diverted to this tiny port. The photo was taken from the ship. What is the name of the port and where is it?

"Earlier this year" implies that you boarded Quest for her last sailing of 2014 [singapore to Hong Kong] and that you snapped the photo since 2015 was ushered in last Thursday... Quest's first trip of 2015 departed--or will very soon depart--for her first sailing of this year [5 January, from Hong Kong to Singapore]... If true, I'd guess that the photo was taken somewhere--but I can't identify the specific port--in Vietnam...

If "earlier this year" instead implies "within the past twelve months", my guess--and again, I can't be specific--is that the photo was taken in Panama or Costa Rica...

Edited by Xport

My mistake. "Earlier this year" does mean "within the last twelve months".

A good guess, but both answers are incorrect.

As a clue the mystery port is a very long way from Central America or Vietnam.

Is it Bartin or Amasra?

We docked in Bartin in June and Azamara had complimentary shuttles to Amasra from there.

However, some ships dock in Amasra. From what we saw of Amasra (which has two distinct sides to it, both on the sea) it might be one of them but I still favour Bartin as the photo location.

You are 100% correct. It is Bartin. Have you ever seen a smaller port? Then again, that's the wonderful thing with Azamara, they can go where most others can't.

We were scheduled to tender at Amasra but were redirected to Bartin. It worked out ok as we had a private tour to Safranbolu organised and Bartin was a little closer.

Thanks for confirming the location.:)

When you first posted the photo, Bartin was my immediate thought but I didn't want to spoil the game as I had a slightly unfair advantage having docked there so recently and wanted to give others a chance at it.

Amasra was one of our favourite stops. Lovely little resort town not usually frequented by non-Turkish tourists and somewhere we wouldn't ordinarily get to as it isn't one of the more mainstream ports.

Edited by edinburgher
typo