Questions about Crown and Anchor?

lara68

so sorry if these questions have already been asked repeatedly but although we are not new to cruising we are to RCL. We are currently Elite Plus on Celebrity and so we are Diamond on RCL. We have booked upcoming cruises on both the Quantum and the Oasis. On Celebrity we get 2 bags of free laundry per person, some free internet minutes and nightly cocktails and elite breakfast. If the number of elites isn't too great, there is a nightly cocktail party with unlimited drinks. On TA's, where the number is too big, we are given 3 drink coupons each for each day of the cruise.

When I looked on the RCL website, I was unclear about the diamond benefits we would qualify for, for example: Is there a nightly cocktail hour with unlimited drinks or are coupons put onto your sea card, how many internet minutes are we given, if any, laundry??

THanks once again for being patient with what are surely silly questions to those of you that have sailed RCL many times before!!

There is both a nightly cocktail hour in a dedicated lounge with unlimited drinks, and also 3 drink vouchers nightly that you can use at any bar. The drink vouchers are limited to the same drinks you would have in the dedicated lounge, and also the same time period of the cocktail hour.

There is a discount coupon for laundry. I believe Diamond level gets 30 minutes each, but this has changed lately with the introduction of unlimited plans, so you may get more minutes.

Just off the Oasis and we are diamond and we could have gotten 60 free minutes of Internet. (We got unlimited for 2 devices so didn't need it).

You also get a few drink discounts loaded on your card like buy one get one wine or beer, 20%off one glass of wine or beer, $10 off small bag of laundry (we never do it but I think that makes it about $15, but the bag is pretty small). Then lots of random small stiff like BOGO milkshakes at Johnny Rockets, free professional picture print.... There are a bunch more but those are the ones we typically use.

And a special place for diamond continental breakfast but I typically don't go there unless I just get some nice coffee because we usually travel in large groups with non-diamonds so can't personally say whether that is worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by cindivan

And a special place for diamond continental breakfast but I typically don't go there unless I just get some nice coffee because we usually travel in large groups with non-diamonds so can't personally say whether that is worth it.

The Diamond breakfast varies depending on the ship. On our recent Jewel cruise, there was a separate room for D and above. Full breakfast was served. Very nice. Other ships may just section off a part of the Dining Room for D members. Some Diamond lounges may have the continental breakfast and that can vary from pastries/coffee or actually expanded on some ships to a very nice cold breakfast spread with cheeses, meats, fruit, etc.

Rick and Deirdra

Edited by Pumbaamd

The Diamond breakfast varies depending on the ship. On our recent Jewel cruise, there was a separate room for D and above. Full breakfast was served. Very nice. Other ships may just section off a part of the Dining Room for D members. Some Diamond lounges may have the continental breakfast and that can vary from pastries/coffee or actually expanded on some ships to a very nice cold breakfast spread with cheeses, meats, fruit, etc.

Rick and Deirdra

We have been on a few cruises since we became Diamond, and only went to the MDR a few times to experience the Diamond breakfast there....when we are on Indy in a few weeks, I have to explore the DL for breakfast coffee.