Limitations on 20 year old?

We are looking at bringing our 20 and 22 year old cousins on a cruise with us to act as babysitters and extra hands for our DD (age 6) and our DS (age 4, with special needs (autism))

I know the 20 year old isn't allowed to drink on the ship (which is too bad, since drinking age here is 19)...but would she still be allowed into the nightclubs and do the "adult" activities (except say wine tastings). I'd hate to bring her and she not be able to do the stuff her sister can do.

Oh good! Too bad she can't partake in the specialty drinks.....but that would keep my costs down LOL :)

Don't know what you mean by "specialty". She can have any non-alcoholic drink.

Unfortunately Royal does not have that policy.

RCI use to have that policy, don't know when it was changed.

Have her order virgin fruity drinks and bring her "rum runner" on board with her :p

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app

I think that Royal Caribbean does still have that policy (allowing 18-20 year olds to drink alcohol with parent/guardian approval), but only on sailings other than those from the US.

Edited to add... Nope, I'm wrong. It's simply 18+ for alcoholic beverages when sailing other than from the US.

The minimum age to consume alcohol on Royal Caribbean International ships on sailings from South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand is eighteen (18). The minimum age to consume alcohol at all private destinations remains twenty-one (21) without regard to where the sailing originated. The Company retains the right, on rare occasions, to raise the minimum age of alcohol consumption on any sailing when local laws require or permit such a modification.
Edited by Daghis