Falmouth

photogpab

Pulling into Falmouth now and it's the only port where we did not make excursion arrangements.

What can we do? Just grab a taxi and go somewhere? Last minute tips and suggestions? We thought we would just stay on the ship but I'd hate to miss one of our ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least go out and walk around, go outside the port gates to get a feel of the town where you will be asked numerous times if you want to take a tour.

Or, grab a towel and go to Margaritaville and have a Red Stripe by the pool.

At least go out and walk around, go outside the port gates to get a feel of the town where you will be asked numerous times if you want to take a tour.

Or, grab a towel and go to Margaritaville and have a Red Stripe by the pool.

We want to at the very least go enjoy a beach and relax. Is margaritaville nearby? We can take a taxi we just don't know about safety and taxis.

We're also interested in mystic mountain. Wonder what taxi cost there would be

We want to at the very least go enjoy a beach and relax. Is margaritaville nearby? We can take a taxi we just don't know about safety and taxis.

We're also interested in mystic mountain. Wonder what taxi cost there would be

Margaritaville is right next to the dock. You can look down on it from the ship. :D

Pulling into Falmouth now and it's the only port where we did not make excursion arrangements.

What can we do? Just grab a taxi and go somewhere? Last minute tips and suggestions? We thought we would just stay on the ship but I'd hate to miss one of our ports.

Red Stripe beach is close to the port.

Jimmy Buffets is right there in the port area.

Falmouth is one place I would NOT venture outside the port area unless I was doing an excursion.

Some people will disagree but there are many stories of being offered drugs, etc once you step outside the port area.

Know where you are going and take a taxi there......I do not recommend just wandering around the town as some have suggested.

Know where you are going and take a taxi there......I do not recommend just wandering around the town as some have suggested.

Yup! Although nothing happened to us going outside the gates, we did not feel safe at all. We were on edge and on high alert until we got back to the port.

We think we're going to just walk down to port and explore there a bit. Looks like there's a small shopping area.

Then staying on the ship. Our fault for not planning for this stop. Mystic Mountain is what I wanted to do most. But without booking an excursion I wouldn't even know how to get there now.

Thanks all for the tips!

I've done the bobsled and zipline at Mystic Mountain two times.....it was a great experience. We fly to Jamaica quite often and do our excursions during our stay at resorts. Some people get a culture shock when being around the locals in Jamaica, I guess it just depends on your life experiences.