Star's Dry Dock in Portland, Oregon

calex

It's not a new bar, just a new name. I do like the name. Should mean that it's open 24 hours a day, right? Because it's 5 o'clock SOMEWHERE!!

I wonder if they changed the way it looks to be more like a Caribbean/Tiki Bar hangout, or just changed the name?

Great point! I think we all should test them out on this one!

Promise to take pics and post upon boarding???? ;) We fellow impending Star cruisers want to know!

Edited by DreamingBig1

I wonder if they changed the way it looks to be more like a Caribbean/Tiki Bar hangout, or just changed the name?

Great point! I think we all should test them out on this one!

Promise to take pics and post upon boarding???? ;) We fellow impending Star cruisers want to know!

LOL I'll see what I can do. I've never been good about posting pics while on board - but I'll try to give it a shot. Looks like Tapatalk on my iPhone should be pretty quick and easy to do while we're still in port.

We are on the Cabo cruise! The drydock is still in progress. O'Sheehans opened for drinks only, the galley is still under construction so no food, but its real pretty, our fav hangout. Five o clocks is still under construction. We ate at Modernos the first night with slow service and the mojito bar with Modernos had no limes or sugar.

This is our first NCL cruise, really impressed with the live entertainment, really like the cruise director and staff. Love all the friendly faces all over the ship, they are working hard to make sure we enjoy our cruise

Leslie

We are on the Cabo cruise! The drydock is still in progress. O'Sheehans opened for drinks only, the galley is still under construction so no food, but its real pretty, our fav hangout. Five o clocks is still under construction. We ate at Modernos the first night with slow service and the mojito bar with Modernos had no limes or sugar.

This is our first NCL cruise, really impressed with the live entertainment, really like the cruise director and staff. Love all the friendly faces all over the ship, they are working hard to make sure we enjoy our cruise

Leslie

Thanks for the update. Are the tacky plastic fountains still in the atrium under the stairs? Is the wine cellar section of Le Bistro gone? Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Thanks LesPaul... we are on the Mexican Rivera 03/29/15 cruise and like you it's our first NCL cruise and we've been very much looking forward to it! We are anxiously awaiting reports such as yours to see what everyone who has sailed since the Star's dry dock thinks... so thanks for the update! Enjoy the rest of your cruise :)

Edited by robbielv

Leslie

Well, darn, do I need to bring some limes and sugar with me on Sunday? Or schedule a delivery from Ralph's for them?

Well, darn, do I need to bring some limes and sugar with me on Sunday? Or schedule a delivery from Ralph's for them?

If you are boarding on Sunday and have to bring your own limes and sugar... please leave the extra for us for when we board the following Sunday... lol!

I'm sure it was just an oversight with all of the 'fresh from dry dock' activity!

Edited by robbielv

If you are boarding on Sunday and have to bring your own limes and sugar... please leave the extra for us for when we board the following Sunday... lol!

I'm sure it was just an oversight with all of the 'fresh from dry dock' activity!

LOL - not sure there will be any "extra" by next Sunday.

Yeah, I'm sure that they'll be able to get some sugar and limes while they're in San Pedro on Sunday.

I hear ya! There won't be any "extra" anything after my cruise... lol!

Very excited to sail NCL and especially to sail on the Star only a few weeks after she is out of dry dock. Was not aware of the dry dock schedule when we booked so got pretty lucky with that!

I hear ya! There won't be any "extra" anything after my cruise... lol!

Very excited to sail NCL and especially to sail on the Star only a few weeks after she is out of dry dock. Was not aware of the dry dock schedule when we booked so got pretty lucky with that!

Yeah, I had no idea about the dry dock until just a couple of weeks before it began. We were on her over Thanksgiving of last year for the Panama Canal. I am really excited to see what's been changed/improved.

Yeah, I had no idea about the dry dock until just a couple of weeks before it began. We were on her over Thanksgiving of last year for the Panama Canal. I am really excited to see what's been changed/improved.

I've never even been on this ship and I'm excited to see the changes so I can imagine how fun it will be for you. You only have one more day to wait!

Leslie

LesPaul, who is the cruise director now? Iain Bagshaw was the CD in November on our Panama Canal cruise and he was performing magic tricks every time we saw him.

thanks. Pickup is in 25 mins to head for the port.

EXCITING!

Do you know the earliest that you can arrive at the port? We will be driving to the port from our hotel and parking there during the cruise.

Edited by robbielv

Quick update - just off STAR this morning.

Old Star Bar is now Sugarcane Mojito Bar and Moderno. Deck 13

O'Sheehans is on Deck 8 (Mid) It was only open for drinks and not completed or ready to serve food while we were there. Looked great though (and big)

5 O'clock Somewhere Bar is being built where the Red Lion Pub was located. It also was not open yet - not even done being remodeled - they were working on it as well.

Quick update - just off STAR this morning.

Old Star Bar is now Sugarcane Mojito Bar and Moderno. Deck 13

O'Sheehans is on Deck 8 (Mid) It was only open for drinks and not completed or ready to serve food while we were there. Looked great though (and big)

5 O'clock Somewhere Bar is being built where the Red Lion Pub was located. It also was not open yet - not even done being remodeled - they were working on it as well.

Thanks for the update! We are boarding next Sunday so we'll have to see if everything is completed and up and running...

We board next Sunday, too. I had expected that O'Sheehans and the other renovations would be completed in the dry dock work. We will be very disappointed if it AND the Red Lion pub are not finished and open for the cruise.

For those of you just off the Star, does anyone know if changes were made to enable use of IConcierge? We board a week for today and are looking forward to the possibility of using it for on board messaging.