LittleMissMagic's ~INDEPENDENCE~ Christmas Cruise **Photo Review**

Victoria, your pictures of Labadee are beautiful! I can't wait to get there! I do understand now after seeing your pictures of Adrenaline Beach why it is not a good idea to swim there. Those rocks just below the waterline could cause some significant damage! I think I will find a different beach to swim on.

I am really surprised to read that. Either the food on Labadee was really good your week or the food on the ship was really bad. The only reason I ate on Labadee when we were there is because the Windjammer was closed.

Did you mean to say because the MDR was closed? I've never seen the Windjammer closed for lunch on any ship in any port.

Did you mean to say because the MDR was closed? I've never seen the Windjammer closed for lunch on any ship in any port.

They would close Windjammer on Enchantment sometimes when at Coco Cay.

Just an FYI about the zipline. They tell you to spread your legs apart to help you stop (not a flattering look for the photo they take ). Also, be careful because the fast braking can cause your legs to fly up and hit the zipline. Shoes have been lost

The Windjammer was closed. We have not used the MDR for quite some time now so I pay particular attention to Windjammer operations.

• 3 weeks later...
Victoria,

Come back!! We miss you!!!!!! :D:D

Yikes - grad school is no joke! This is the longest it's ever taken me to finish a trip report, and I feel really bad leaving you all hanging and then continuing to revive this thread. But I will finish!!! (pssst.... if you visit my blog, Victoria On Vacation, you can read all the way through the end of the cruise... but I still haven't had the opportunity to post my end of cruise review and ship rating)

Romeo & Juliet Dining Room

For a starter, I had the Royal Seafood Salad. It was pretty good!

16258573790_4b5dcfe329_b.jpgVIC_5260 by Victoria Shingleton, on Flickr

And escargot (available every night). Can't go bad here.

16259724289_02d0c4a5b4_b.jpgEscargot by Victoria Shingleton, on Flickr

For an entree, the Braised Beef Duo. And that's where it went bad. Not a fan at all. It was really chewy and very fatty. Personally, I don't like to work too hard for my food.

16444209871_3a13975a37_b.jpgVIC_5264 by Victoria Shingleton, on Flickr

But dessert was great with the Grand Marnier Souffle. This is not offered every night, so get it when it appears on the menu!

15823448914_9032414ba5_b.jpgGrand Marnier Souffle by Victoria Shingleton, on Flickr

16260066597_3354750c81_b.jpgGrand Marnier Souffle by Victoria Shingleton, on Flickr

And the rest of the family had the Baked Alaska. Because for some reason, Neopolitan ice cream is a big deal on cruise ships, worthy of its own night. Don't fall for the gimmick of the torched meringue... get the souffle instead.

16258573200_cff782b1f4_b.jpgBaked Alaska by Victoria Shingleton, on Flickr

Yikes - grad school is no joke! This is the longest it's ever taken me to finish a trip report, and I feel really bad leaving you all hanging and then continuing to revive this thread. But I will finish!!! (pssst.... if you visit my blog, Victoria On Vacation, you can read all the way through the end of the cruise... but I still haven't had the opportunity to post my end of cruise review and ship rating)

Just read Day 8!!! Awesome as always!!!! LOVE YOUR REVIEWS! :D:D

Edited by spingal

Glad you are back finishing the review. You took months off for Grad School just like I took 3 months off from CC for Tax Season.

I had never thought of walking past the Zipline landing station to check out the grounds there. We usually hang out on Columbus Cove.

Next time.

Edited by The Big Booper

• 2 weeks later...
Bon Voyage!

We lingered for a while longer, then made our way back towards the ship. Legend of the Seas was already sailing away.

16444211791_89cbb56104_b.jpg

Legend of the Seas by vshingl, on Flickr

15825903723_06d95b7fe3_b.jpg

Independence of the Seas by vshingl, on Flickr

After returning to the ship, we were able to watch Legend of the Seas sail away. I've said this before, but I love watching ships sail away because everyone is waving at one another. Just think of how many people - strangers - are waving at once. It's not something you see as people depart on airplanes or in trains... but cruise ships, perhaps due to the Love Boat, just encourage people to wave, Bon Voyage!

I never thought of it like that but it is so true. Very nice thread. Thanks for posting.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Loved this review, thinking of sailing Indy end of this year. Are you going to review your most recent xmas cruise??? :D

Hurry hurry!!!! Can't wait to read your Pacific Princess review. I will be very interested to see what you think of a SMALL ship! :D:D

Hello, friends! It took me a while to get started, but I have just begun my 17-Day Pacific Princess Panama Canal Photo Review on the Princess Boards! You can also follow along on my blog, victoriaonvacation.com!

Edited by LittleMissMagic