Explorer's Long Term Replacement In Cape Liberty?

eots44

I know Quantum is here now and Liberty is coming in the spring, but they'll only spend a few months in NJ, as where Explorer was here for like 8 or so years, what will be replacing her for a long term, I know Anthem is coming later, but will that be the long term replacement, or will it only be here for a few months like the others? I kinda hope it isn't Anthem, I would be happy with another Voyager Class or a Freedom Class ship.

Anthem appears to be the "permanent" replacement for Explorer.
Maybe they'll bring in more then one, wishful thinking I guess, I'm not sure how I feel about the Quantum Class, so far what I've seen and heard is turning me away. I'm sure the astronomical price it'll cost to go on it isn't helping any either.

I guess that no Bermuda itineraries until the port situation is resolved.

It either another line or the Grandeur from Baltimore.

Liberty will be doing the Explorer's cruises out of Cape Liberty from May to November 1, Bermuda, and the Bermuda+Caribbean, and Canada. Hurry and get it in while you still can!!! I just looked at prices for Anthem, and inside staterooms are over $1,400 in January!!! :eek: Holy over priced! That's almost more then I paid for a balcony on Explorer in July. I'm really not liking this at all, I fell things would have been better off if Explorer had just stayed and the new ships went elsewhere. or if they wanted to switch things up a bit, bring another Voyager Class or a Freedom Class ship to Cape Liberty, they would suit the area very nicely. Sigh, I should've sailed on Explorer out of Cape Liberty years ago, so I could have been able to enjoy many more cruises on her.

When technically Explorer is not built for the cold weather either...but she was in Bayonne for a long time.

Excellent point:)

Edit: but did she do winter cruises out of there. Latest we sailed was the end of October.

Edited by Jimmers

Excellent point:)

Edit: but did she do winter cruises out of there. Latest we sailed was the end of October.

Yes she did! year round, summer, winter, fall, and spring! Through snow, ice, and freezing temps. Edited by eots44

the prices on those new ships have me already considering other ports. this september i am going on a cruise out of San Juan. Hopefully the logistics aren't that bad. I already know packing for this cruise is going difficult as I won't be able to pack as much as I would normally do when leaving out of Cape Liberty. I guess this will definitely be a test of my ability to consolidate and bring the essentials. here is to hoping that RCI comes to its collective senses.. but i won't hold my breath waiting.

the prices on those new ships have me already considering other ports. this september i am going on a cruise out of San Juan. Hopefully the logistics aren't that bad. I already know packing for this cruise is going difficult as I won't be able to pack as much as I would normally do when leaving out of Cape Liberty. I guess this will definitely be a test of my ability to consolidate and bring the essentials. here is to hoping that RCI comes to its collective senses.. but i won't hold my breath waiting.

Almost forgot about that perk of Bayonne. Thanks for reminding me that I can't bring everything but the kitchen sink on our Oasis cruise in April.:)

Liberty will be doing the Explorer's cruises out of Cape Liberty from May to November 1, Bermuda, and the Bermuda+Caribbean, and Canada. Hurry and get it in while you still can!!! I just looked at prices for Anthem, and inside staterooms are over $1,400 in January!!! :eek: Holy over priced! That's almost more then I paid for a balcony on Explorer in July. I'm really not liking this at all, I fell things would have been better off if Explorer had just stayed and the new ships went elsewhere. or if they wanted to switch things up a bit, bring another Voyager Class or a Freedom Class ship to Cape Liberty, they would suit the area very nicely. Sigh, I should've sailed on Explorer out of Cape Liberty years ago, so I could have been able to enjoy many more cruises on her.

We've been to Bermuda the last 3 years, so we're doing different ports this year. While we are still quite youthful :), Anthem seems to be geared toward younger families and we won't pay a premium for the bells and whistles that we won't use. It will be Grandeur or other lines for our homeporting in the near future.

We've been to Bermuda the last 3 years, so we're doing different ports this year. While we are still quite youthful :), Anthem seems to be geared toward younger families and we won't pay a premium for the bells and whistles that we won't use. It will be Grandeur or other lines for our homeporting in the near future.

We could not have said it better,Bumper cars and a dumb crane really.Sounds like it should be a Disney ship to us.