Does Norwegian Spirit Have A Dry Dock Planned Coming In Next Year and Half

firecapt25

Doing the Spirit Next October 2016 12 Day cruise, was wondering if she has a dry dock plan before then. Reviews I have read states she has had some worn areas like carpet and furniture . Or does anyone know when her last dry dock occurred.

We were on the Spirit in 2013 for the 12 Day grand Med. Barcelona to Venice.

It was our first time the Spirit so we had nothing to compare it to but they did add in-room refrigerators to all cabins. Apparently before the refit there were no refrigerators in Inside, Oceanview cabins.

I didn't find or experience any "rundown or worn out" areas on board. In fact we thought the ship looked fantastic. It does have it's unique decorations and theme that seem out of place while in Europe, but that's what we enjoyed the most. She has a very unique personality.

The crew are second to none in the NCL fleet, it has consistently achieved a 100% rating from internal audits as well as from passengers.

We found that out firsthand, what a crew !!!! The Spirit quickly became our favorite ship and we're excited that it will soon be leaving out of Port Canaveral.

We are seriously thinking of doing your cruise as well in 2016 but with a twist: Barcelona - Venice, Venice - Barcelona, Barcelona Transatlantic - Port Canaveral. A B2B2B 40 days !!! :eek:

cheers...the Ump...:D

We are seriously thinking of doing your cruise as well in 2016 but with a twist: Barcelona - Venice, Venice - Barcelona, Barcelona Transatlantic - Port Canaveral. A B2B2B 40 days !!! :eek:

Nice... Very jealous...

Doing the Spirit Next October 2016 12 Day cruise, was wondering if she has a dry dock plan before then. Reviews I have read states she has had some worn areas like carpet and furniture . Or does anyone know when her last dry dock occurred.

Any links to the negative reviews. Everything I've read has been good.

Read reviews on Cruise Critic and Cruiseline don't get me wrong I sailed the Spirit in 2006 we loved her, but she is getting older .Main reason we chose her this time is the itinerary. Just want know is Norwegian is taking care of her.

I thought Spirit came out of dry dock recently.

We were on it in April 2013, I noticed a lot of worn carpeting, and a lot of seals broken on the windows; moisture between the panes.

We just got off the Spirit in Dec 2014, and noticed these items repaired, we had new carpet in our cabin.

The ship looked a lot better. ;)

I thought Spirit came out of dry dock recently.

We were on it in April 2013, I noticed a lot of worn carpeting, and a lot of seals broken on the windows; moisture between the panes.

We just got off the Spirit in Dec 2014, and noticed these items repaired, we had new carpet in our cabin.

The ship looked a lot better. ;)

As I said earlier in this thread, she was in dry-dock in early 2014.

We were on the Spirit in 2013 for the 12 Day grand Med. Barcelona to Venice.

It was our first time the Spirit so we had nothing to compare it to but they did add in-room refrigerators to all cabins. Apparently before the refit there were no refrigerators in Inside, Oceanview cabins.

I didn't find or experience any "rundown or worn out" areas on board. In fact we thought the ship looked fantastic. It does have it's unique decorations and theme that seem out of place while in Europe, but that's what we enjoyed the most. She has a very unique personality.

The crew are second to none in the NCL fleet, it has consistently achieved a 100% rating from internal audits as well as from passengers.

We found that out firsthand, what a crew !!!! The Spirit quickly became our favorite ship and we're excited that it will soon be leaving out of Port Canaveral.

We were on her in 2010, and only the suites had refrigerators. Our balcony cabin did not have a refrigerator. Good to know they now have added them.

I didn't find or experience any "rundown or worn out" areas on board. In fact we thought the ship looked fantastic.

Thanks for that info. We are planning on a 3/19/2016 cruise on the Spirit once she comes to Port Canaveral. We live close by so it'll be very convenient to take a Spirit cruise. Really looking forward to our first time on NCL.

• 6 months later...

Hey Firecapt25...

We are doing the 12 Day Grand Med Cruise on the Spirit from 18 - 30 Sep. Was considering pushing it back to October but worried about the weather possibly being wetter/colder. What are your thoughts?

Have cruised the Mediterranean in October previously and temperatures were in the late 60's/ early 70's some rain but mostly warm and sunny, occasionally a bit windy when sailing but it would be a good time to do this as it would be cooler when walking around the different tourist places and possibly less crowded as well. Temperatures in October are very pleasant but not too hot even. As someone who lives in the UK, the weather in the Mediterranean is almost always better than the weather we have at home

Have cruised the Mediterranean in October previously and temperatures were in the late 60's/ early 70's some rain but mostly warm and sunny, occasionally a bit windy when sailing but it would be a good time to do this as it would be cooler when walking around the different tourist places and possibly less crowded as well. Temperatures in October are very pleasant but not too hot even. As someone who lives in the UK, the weather in the Mediterranean is almost always better than the weather we have at home

Many thanks, Dallas. I think we're going to keep our original cruise date of 18-30 Sep since I can't get the staterooms I want on the later cruise, anyway. Besides, we're from Orlando, Florida so temps in the 80's would seem balmy to us anyway. :)