Surprise Phone Call From NCL

cmdchiefthom

I received a phone call from a young lady at NCL, extension 5500, yesterday afternoon. She thanked me for cruising with NCL and asked if there was anything I needed on my upcoming cruises aboard the Getaway and Epic at the end of the month. I said something to the effect, make the days go faster, and told her my PCC and the folks at the Pre-Cruise Concierge Department had everything covered. She again wished me a bon voyage, and thanked be for choosing NCL, and said goodbye. :) I've never had that happen before.

I thought to myself, that was a classy thing for NCL to do. Anyone here had a similar experience????

I received a phone call from a young lady at NCL, extension 5500, yesterday afternoon. She thanked me for cruising with NCL and asked if there was anything I needed on my upcoming cruises aboard the Getaway and Epic at the end of the month. I said something to the effect, make the days go faster, and told her my PCC and the folks at the Pre-Cruise Concierge Department had everything covered. She again wished me a bon voyage, and thanked be for choosing NCL, and said goodbye. :) I've never had that happen before.

I thought to myself, that was a classy thing for NCL to do. Anyone here had a similar experience????

I have never had that happen!! That is pretty cool!!

I hope that you haven't been advertising your upcoming cruise on Facebook. How can you be SURE this was NCL calling you? (And don't say caller ID)

I never put my travel plans on Facebook, until after I return, and then only if I remember to t do it. No, this young lady new my itinerary, ship etc.;)

I hope that you haven't been advertising your upcoming cruise on Facebook. How can you be SURE this was NCL calling you? (And don't say caller ID)

What makes anyone think this was a scam. They did not try to sell anything. Just checking in.

What makes anyone think this was a scam. They did not try to sell anything. Just checking in.

Unfortunately, there are thieves/burglars who love to know when people will be going away/are away. Sadly, there are a lot of people addicted to drugs who will do anything to feed their habits, and they come from all socio-economic levels. So just because you don't hang out with the sort of people you'd expect to rob your house when you're gone, you never can tell, especially if you're broadcasting to more people than you'd ever mention it to in person.

I'm leaving on the Epic on Sunday in a solo cabin (not haven/suite) a couple of weeks ago, I got a call from a Miami number, and I didn't answer... the lady left a voicemail saying to call her back directly if I need anything for my upcoming cruise, and thanking me for choosing NCL again. I missed another call yesterday while I was at work, again from Miami, and it was the same lady just checking in on me again.

Anyone here had a similar experience???

Same thing here.

Booked a NCL cruise for next June, about a week later got a call at home from a NCL personal cruise consultant. Just wanted to know if we needed any info or had any questions. He even emailed me his contact info.

A few weeks later, when some new promos came out, I emailed him to ask about changing from the promo we had. He emailed and called, we went over the options, and in the end stuck with the promo we got at booking. It was the best deal for us.

Thom, do you suppose it was the shoreside Concierge who called? I notice you're in Haven cabins on both cruises.

It certainly could have been, she only gave me her name and said she was from NCL. I used the Pre-Cruise Concierge via email for the pillow menu selection, have the mini-bar emptied, get a sharps container, and for the Epic, additional robes for my son and DIL and a high chair and crib for our 9 mo. old grandson. My PCC is David, one of the 11 senior consultants in Miami, and he takes great care of me, so it may have been him. I'm just impressed that as a company, someone took the time to ask me if I needed anything. ;)