Dingbat Issues-What Would You Do?

AngAndBoys

So, I cruised on Triumph a few weeks ago. Because last minute is my middle name, I didn't actually pack to go home until about 8 the morning of debarkation. I got home, unpacked my suitcase, and realized I was missing quite a few items, namely, there were no underwear in my suitcase, at least no clean ones, and I know I packed a lot of extra, because I believe firmly in packing twice as much as you think you need. So I figured out that I neglected to pack anything in the drawers.

This leaves me minus a pair of PJ's, several pairs of underwear, bras, a bathing suit, a cover up, some T-shirts. So my quandary is...I can't decide if I want to call Carnival's lost and found or not. I mean, it's UNDERWEAR. I can just imagine this conversation...has anyone turned in a bunch of granny panties and a ridiculously small bra? Ugh! I DO want my bathing suit back though! It was cute! Here's another nightmare thought. If they are NOT turned into lost and found, WHO is running around the world wearing my underpants? So, would you call and claim your unmentionables?

I'd call 'em and tell 'em that it was my grannys, whos cabin was down the hall, but she came to my cabin because she got scared the last night of the cruise. I'd bet that the cabin steward put it all in a box, and it's sitting in lost and found in Miami, just waiting for you to call. What the heck. You've got nothing to lose, and everything to gain. ;)

"SKY"

I'd call 'em and tell 'em that it was my grannys, whos cabin was down the hall, but she came to my cabin because she got scared the last night of the cruise. I'd bet that the cabin steward put it all in a box, and it's sitting in lost and found in Miami, just waiting for you to call. What the heck. You've got nothing to lose, and everything to gain. ;)

"SKY"

LOL. Love this. Blame Granny.

Sorry, this made me smile this morning.....:)

Heck, make a claim. You aren't ever going to see these people. The worst that could happen is you won't get your items back but there is always the chance you will. I say go for it. At the very least report the swimsuit and cover ups you liked. Underwear are easy to replace.

Another question is the value of the items? I don't know but I would guess the cost of shipping would be on your end. Otherwise people would leave lots of stuff and have Carnival send it back. Cheaper than baggage fees when flying. Is the cost of the items left worth what it would cost to send back?

Another question is the value of the items? I don't know but I would guess the cost of shipping would be on your end. Otherwise people would leave lots of stuff and have Carnival send it back. Cheaper than baggage fees when flying. Is the cost of the items left worth what it would cost to send back?

That is a good question. I left a small purse one time, they found my auto insurance card in it and tracked me down and sent it back to me for free...but I understand that they usually charge. The guy said it was free because I am Platinum. An unadvertised perk, I guess...or a customer service rep in a good mood.

That is a good question. I left a small purse one time, they found my auto insurance card in it and tracked me down and sent it back to me for free...but I understand that they usually charge. The guy said it was free because I am Platinum. An unadvertised perk, I guess...or a customer service rep in a good mood.

I left my U.S.M.C. baseball cap, with a bunch of Carnival pins on it in the cabin, and Carnival not only returned it to me free, but shipped it overnight! I am "Diamond", and there were a BUNCH of Carnival pins on it, so that might figure into the deal, but WOW, what excellent service from Carnival "Lost & Found". ;)

"SKY"

I left my U.S.M.C. baseball cap, with a bunch of Carnival pins on it in the cabin, and Carnival not only returned it to me free, but shipped it overnight! I am "Diamond", and there were a BUNCH of Carnival pins on it, so that might figure into the deal, but WOW, what excellent service from Carnival "Lost & Found". ;)

"SKY"

Like :D

Of course it's valuable. No way would I want to go thru the torture of getting a new bathing suit. Bras are equally as horrible.

So, I cruised on Triumph a few weeks ago. Because last minute is my middle name, I didn't actually pack to go home until about 8 the morning of debarkation. I got home, unpacked my suitcase, and realized I was missing quite a few items, namely, there were no underwear in my suitcase, at least no clean ones, and I know I packed a lot of extra, because I believe firmly in packing twice as much as you think you need. So I figured out that I neglected to pack anything in the drawers.

This leaves me minus a pair of PJ's, several pairs of underwear, bras, a bathing suit, a cover up, some T-shirts. So my quandary is...I can't decide if I want to call Carnival's lost and found or not. I mean, it's UNDERWEAR. I can just imagine this conversation...has anyone turned in a bunch of granny panties and a ridiculously small bra? Ugh! I DO want my bathing suit back though! It was cute! Here's another nightmare thought. If they are NOT turned into lost and found, WHO is running around the world wearing my underpants? So, would you call and claim your unmentionables?

Glad to hear that you were having such a good time right up until late the last night of your cruise (assuming that's why you didn't pack) I don't feel so bad about being too lazy to unpack now. ;-)

I hope you get your items back. It can't hurt to call Carnival and ask if they were turned in. I can appreciate that you want a bathing suit back if its one you really liked. Its hard to find a bathing suit that you really like!

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

Ang, you always have such great stories to tell about your escapades while cruising. Have you taken your boys again since their Magic 2012 cruise?

I thought I lived that one down! Ha!

Oh yeah, and the little turds have NOT get their own cabins since that cruise, but they have been on quite a few more since then. So far, there have been no more mishaps. The oldest one (the troublemaker) is away at college now! Did pretty well his first semester. The younger 2 are both in high school now and give me no trouble. Anyway, after 3 years, I booked Magic this summer and did in fact book 2 cabins, but they are CONNECTED this time and the little trouble maker is stuck in the cabin with me. :D I'm also bringing my mom for back up this time. I may actually write a review.

I thought I lived that one down! Ha!

Oh yeah, and the little turds have NOT get their own cabins since that cruise, but they have been on quite a few more since then. So far, there have been no more mishaps. The oldest one (the troublemaker) is away at college now! Did pretty well his first semester. The younger 2 are both in high school now and give me no trouble. Anyway, after 3 years, I booked Magic this summer and did in fact book 2 cabins, but they are CONNECTED this time and the little trouble maker is stuck in the cabin with me. :D I'm also bringing my mom for back up this time. I may actually write a review.

...we're holding our breath for the review! After saying we would never do it again, we have actually booked another family cruise for NYE 2015. Our grandkids are now all at least 18 and one will turn 21 the day before that cruise. They haven't been troublemakers--that we know of first hand, of course. The boy did tell us one time he ended up in the bridge--by mistake according to him. And he also told us he was caught wandering around on the crew deck and into the crew lounge--only told us this when we took him on a paid behind the scenes tour! Oh well, could be worse--and maybe it has been but just didn't know it.

Here's hoping you have better cruises--just don't take new underwear with you. Bon Voyage!