captains club discount

englishgal

Once in a while there is a discount for capt club members, make sure your number is in your record when you book and ask your travel agent to see if there is something offered on your cruise.

You should also see if there is a one category upgrade that might come into play, if you book a cat 7 room, for instance, you should be able to pay the cat 8 price

I have gotten what has been termed a "loyalty fare" a couple of times. This was a discount offered to Captain's Club members on that cruise. You don't see it on every cruise.

As mentioned above, there is also the Captain's Club one-category upgrade. This is from the Celebrity Website:

One-Category Upgrade

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a supercategory upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1. Captain's Club one category upgrade excludes category 12, FV, SV, C1 and guarantee categories, Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to travel agent and employee rates. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Not valid on holiday sailings. Upgrades available from categories 11- A1 on all Celebrity ships except Celebrity Xpedition®. Offer valid for members who are Classic Level or higher at the time of booking.

When I book online via Celebrity website, input my CC#, any discount will be deducted from final costing. The last 4 cruises I have looked at all had a CC discount of $750-, even the 7 day ones. Of course this is not combinable with other offers ie. 123go so you have to decide which you want (123go or CC discount). When booking via a TA this discount seems to get overlooked unless you ask for it. I demonstrated this when I got quote from a TA and then went back and asked about a CC discount, sure enough the quote came back $750- less than originally quoted.

We booked a C2 and the invoice shows the price of a C2. But the TA said we are getting back the difference between the C3 and C2 in our OBC. Is that correct?

We have $766 in OBC. $300 from 123 and $300 from open passages. so the $166 must be the upgrade.

Edited by sr4mjc

Can someone please tell me what is meant by Captains Club discount?

We are Elite members, yet have never been offered a C.C.D.

Am I missing something? Help please:confused:

There are two meanings...

1) The captain's club sometimes has a special rate on a cruise...

2) If you are a member of the captain's club, you get a one category upgrade. That means you book a C2 and pay for a C3. This upgrade applies to all cabins EXCEPT you can't upgrade to C1 and you can't upgrade suites. You also can't upgrade from inside to outside, outside to verandah, etc. In order to get this, you have to request it at time of booking...and you can do this through any TA or with celebrity directly....whoever you book with.

Edited by ghstudio

See my reply post #4. Log into your "my celebrity", select a cruise, a couple of stages on there will be a box on the bottom left of the page with an amount of Discount. If you are not logged in, this discount will not be applied as the system does not know you are a CC member. I always see the amount of $750. This is not OBC , this comes off the total amount you will pay. A couple of stsges further on when adding names of guests, you will be given a breakup of vsrious costs, taxes etc and then a deduction of $375- each. This question comes up all the time and I think many miss out on the Discount because of the confusion and missunderstanding.

Gee I wish I could post screen shots, anyone know how?

Edited by jveevers

See my reply post #4. Log into your "my celebrity", select a cruise, a couple of stages on there will be a box on the bottom left of the page with an amount of Discount. If you are not logged in, this discount will not be applied as the system does not know you are a CC member. I always see the amount of $750. This is not OBC , this comes off the total amount you will pay. A couple of stsges further on when adding names of guests, you will be given a breakup of vsrious costs, taxes etc and then a deduction of $375- each. This question comes up all the time and I think many miss out on the Discount because of the confusion and missunderstanding.

Gee I wish I could post screen shots, anyone know how?

Does not work for me! Anyone else? Hope you are able to post screen shots.

When I book online via Celebrity website, input my CC#, any discount will be deducted from final costing. The last 4 cruises I have looked at all had a CC discount of $750-, even the 7 day ones. Of course this is not combinable with other offers ie. 123go so you have to decide which you want (123go or CC discount). When booking via a TA this discount seems to get overlooked unless you ask for it. I demonstrated this when I got quote from a TA and then went back and asked about a CC discount, sure enough the quote came back $750- less than originally quoted.

Does anyone know if you can get the CC discount after final payment is made?

Thank you.

We booked a C2 and the invoice shows the price of a C2. But the TA said we are getting back the difference between the C3 and C2 in our OBC. Is that correct?

We have $766 in OBC. $300 from 123 and $300 from open passages. so the $166 must be the upgrade.

We booked a C3 and got the free upgrade to C2. Our TA charged us the fare for the C3. Have done this before and have always gotten billed the lower fare never and OBC for it. Maybe different TA's do it different...not sure.

Edited by Happy2cruise

No...that's not the way celebrity does it.....Your invoice, confirmation will show the C3 rate. OBC is not involved in this transaction.

My guess is that your TA has no clue about that celebrity captain's club offer so they guessed....

We always ask for the one category upgrade and have always gotten it. They say it is based on availability but I usually book way ahead of time so never been refused. Sometimes it is worth only $20 -- but we have gotten a perk of $200 off for our panama canal cruise in Sept.

Definitely ask for the one category upgrade in the future, it can save you hundreds of dollars. Also good for booking an A1 at an A2 rate, as I have done for several upcoming trips. Unfortunately, you need to speak to someone at a Celebrity or your TA to get it at the time you book; it is not something you can select on the website if doing your own booking. I always just put the cabin I want on hold, then call my Celebrity Vacation Planner and he applies the upgrade discounted rate