Need help deciding between getaway haven courtyard pH and haven aft pH! !

browniegirl

I always prefer to stay in the haven if I am staying in a haven cabin

The true experience is being in the Haven and having all it has to offer right outside your door

Although this is true........we decided on an aft haven ph instead of the courtyard because the rooms are so small and the balconies so small. It's a trade off for sure.....well you never know, the upsell fairy may call one day......not sure how much the 2 bdrms sell but the cost difference between a penthouse and 2bdrm suite on the haven was quite a bit, too much to justify. We will walk lol!!!

Leah

Hey you two, we are right below you, aft corner penthouse, port side so lets coordinate that rockin', we don't need to cause anyone to fall off the boat!!:eek:

......and we are on 12 in the other corner so that should balance things out :)

Getting excited - well, even more excited!!!!!!!

Hey you two, we are right below you, aft corner penthouse, port side so lets coordinate that rockin', we don't need to cause anyone to fall off the boat!!:eek:

Don't want another issue like on Oasis this week, that was terrible. Glad he is ok and the Disney ship came by and saw him. Still not sure how you fall off a ship? :confused: but it happens.

We are starboard side.

• 1 month later...
Will be in Aft Penthuose on 12th deck 1-31! Will have breakfast every morning on the deck! What restuarant would have that great view on the ship, :D

Question is always will I miss anything not being "in the Haven", I think the question should be what are those there missing not having that "huge" deck!! :p

You are absolutely right about the balcony, best one I've ever experienced

The aft ph on 9 and 12 have unbelievable balconies... I would chose one of those

We just returned from 12304 and have booked a B2B in 9316 for next year!!!!

Can't wait!!😀😀😀😀😀

Hopefully that says it all - aft every time!!!!

We just returned from 12304 and have booked a B2B in 9316 for next year!!!!

Can't wait!!😀😀😀😀😀

Hopefully that says it all - aft every time!!!!

How was 12304. We have it reserved in a few months? Any issues with vibration or soot?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How was 12304. We have it reserved in a few months? Any issues with vibration or soot?

Tiny bit of soot around the edges but barely noticeable. Vibration was only noticeable leaving port and again barely an issue for us.hope this helps!!!

We just added a review/comparison of our cruise as we did the Epic the following week - see post by Rollingstone43 - and I am creating a folder of pics which I will share when I work out how!!!!!

Thanks! I wouldn't classify myself as young - will be turning 50 on that ship but my daughter is, she will only be 10, so she will have tonnes of energy! But the walking will be good for me, walk off all those extra calories!!! It was a tough decision between being in the haven or aft, but hopefully it is the right one for us!!!

Leah

Young is just a state of mind! We are 70 and 73 and booked in the Haven because we wanted the whole experience, not that the walk would be too much. Have not been on NCL for years, so this will be a new experience. Spent a lot of time on luxury ships where nothing is going on...taking our son and a granddaughter and it should be a lot of fun. I have heard great things about NCL lately.

I think this will be the first cruise that I actually hit the gym lol!!!

I have done the treadmill in the haven before - super handy - not sure if there is a treadmill in the haven on the getaway?

Leah

No gym in the Getaway Haven like there is on the Epic. But re the OP-choose aft over Haven every time unless you have kids!!

Older couple late 50's????? :confused:

Me and DW are 58 and 60, we are in the Aft Penthouse 12th deck in 17 days. Going to rock the Aft and make that hike to the Haven! :D

Just hit that eliptical!! :p

I agree! We are late 50s, and loved the walk - felt like we were at least burning off some of the calories!

To the "older couple" - Consider starting a walking program - as little as 15 minutes a day, or even less if that is hard - working your way up to a brisk 30 minutes will do wonders for your health! And you'll soon stop thinking of yourselves as an older couple!

Tiny bit of soot around the edges but barely noticeable. Vibration was only noticeable leaving port and again barely an issue for us.hope this helps!!!

We just added a review/comparison of our cruise as we did the Epic the following week - see post by Rollingstone43 - and I am creating a folder of pics which I will share when I work out how!!!!!

Thanks. I enjoyed reading your comparison. It was especially nice, because even though this is our first cruise ever this Mayon the Getaway, we put a cruise on the Epic on hold next year, so it was nice to hear about the differences. Look forward to seeing the photos! Thanks for taking the time to share all the great information!

No gym in the Getaway Haven like there is on the Epic. But re the OP-choose aft over Haven every time unless you have kids!!

Hi! Thanks for answer about no gym or treadmill in haven on getaway! I am wondering what everyone's opinion is then on kids...better in aft or in haven courtyard? my daughter will be 10 then.

Thanks!

Leah

We are staying in 12304 later this year. Can't wait!! Thanks for the info[emoji3]

Our kids never stayed put in the Haven in Getaway. There is waaaaaaay too much to do on the rest of the ship.

Most of the kids hanging out in the Haven were younger kiddos, the toddlers through seven-ish.

Suite life is great, but Getaway has so much to do that your daughter won't want to hang out in the Haven.

Edited by Annmeat

Our kids never stayed put in the Haven in Getaway. There is waaaaaaay too much to do on the rest of the ship.

Most of the kids hanging out in the Haven were younger kiddos, the toddlers through seven-ish.

Suite life is great, but Getaway has so much to do that your daughter won't want to hang out in the Haven.

Thank you! !!!

Leah