GEM after dry dock

KevinsCruising

The Gem didn't go into drydock. It was postponed until late 2015. Moderno was moved upstairs to deck 13 and the former Moderno/Blue Lagoon space was converted to O'Sheehan's over a period of a couple of weeks while the ship was in use.

I wouldn't bet my life on it but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a pool table...I don't recall seeing one, but I wasn't overtly looking for it.

Otherwise there was some new furniture in some public spaces...Great Outdoors and if I'm not mistaken the Spinnaker.

Edited by njhorseman

The Gem didn't go into drydock. It was postponed until late 2015. Moderno was moved upstairs to deck 13 and the former Moderno/Blue Lagoon space was converted to O'Sheehan's over a period of a couple of weeks while the ship was in use.

I wouldn't bet my life on it but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a pool table...I don't recall seeing one, but I wasn't overtly looking for it.

Otherwise there was some new furniture in some public spaces...Great Outdoors and if I'm not mistaken the Spinnaker.

That sounds awesome ! I can't wait.. now that I think of it , there is a pool table in Spinnaker unless they took it out.

• 4 weeks later...

Usually dry dock involves azipod maintenance, hull maintenance, and things you need the ship to be out of the water for. At the same time interior spaces can be refreshed with carpeting, furniture and other cosmetic changes.

Usually dry dock involves azipod maintenance, hull maintenance, and things you need the ship to be out of the water for. At the same time interior spaces can be refreshed with carpeting, furniture and other cosmetic changes.

I hope they do not plan on moving the Spinnaker Lounge as they did on the "Dawn Type Ships!" :(

IMHO, what a mistake that was!

Don

I hope they do not plan on moving the Spinnaker Lounge as they did on the "Dawn Type Ships!" :(

Don

If they were planning to move the Spinnaker they wouldn't have just spent the money to refurnish it . The refurbishment was part of the drydock plan, not removing the Spinnaker.

Edited by njhorseman

I don't understand why this rumour has to be brought up over and over again.

The reason why Spinnaker Lounge on Dawn class ships was moved was because those ships didn't have enough suites as they don't have Haven.

Jewel class ships have Haven and at least two of them have been on extensive dry dock visit since Dawn class ships were modified so there is absolutely no indication of NCL messing with Spinnaker Lounge on those ships (as they don't need to).

I don't understand why this rumour has to be brought up over and over again.

The reason why Spinnaker Lounge on Dawn class ships was moved was because those ships didn't have enough suites as they don't have Haven.

Jewel class ships have Haven and at least two of them have been on extensive dry dock visit since Dawn class ships were modified so there is absolutely no indication of NCL messing with Spinnaker Lounge on those ships (as they don't need to).

Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense. :)

Don

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
This thread is a little old, but I have a link for post dry dock photos. When I looked for pictures it kept sending me here so this seems like a good place to put the link. I think it looks amazing, but you all can be the judge.

http://gallery.cruisecritic.com/ships/norwegian-gem-385/

The most depressing picture on the internet right now, according to this website:

http://gallery.cruisecritic.com/ships/norwegian-gem-385/tahitian-pool-205318/waterslide--v10481104/

And yes, that includes Syrian war tragedies and starvation in Africa.