SB Guarantee Quantum

gaylemh

I just book an SB Guarantee for the 1/23 cruise. I was curious if anyone else had booked the guarantee on this cruise, or another Quantum cruise, what you were assigned, and how long it took to get your cabin number.

SB cabin GTYs are probably very rare - there's few of them and usually sell out quickly. But like other GTYs you'll likely get an assignment within a couple of days, especially with the sailing so close. Given the number of categories and inventory left (and so few SB cabins), I wouldn't be surprised if you got something else - be prepared for that.

SB cabin GTYs are probably very rare - there's few of them and usually sell out quickly. But like other GTYs you'll likely get an assignment within a couple of days, especially with the sailing so close. Given the number of categories and inventory left (and so few SB cabins), I wouldn't be surprised if you got something else - be prepared for that.

I'm hoping for a regular balcony cabin. Keeping my fingers crossed.

That is absolutely how I had hoped they would use the SB's. They can open up less expensive rates to solos than the 200% fare in standard cabins, even if they do not have inventory.

A European website that normally shows all inventory, often not shown on RCI website shows no inventory, even though they have the GTY and show it as 129% of lowest standard double fare.

That is such a great deal for a solo and I really hope you get the standard balcony upgrade.

Enjoy your cruise.

That is absolutely how I had hoped they would use the SB's. They can open up less expensive rates to solos than the 200% fare in standard cabins, even if they do not have inventory.

A European website that normally shows all inventory, often not shown on RCI website shows no inventory, even though they have the GTY and show it as 129% of lowest standard double fare.

That is such a great deal for a solo and I really hope you get the standard balcony upgrade.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks, I'll come back to let you know what I end up with.

I did the SB guarantee for February 2015 sailing back in November and was assigned a D right before Christmas - not the greatest location but definitely happy for the bigger cabin -

Hope it works for you - Have a grand cruise -

As far as I know if there is another cabin in the same category that you like better you can call and change it, but it has to be the exact category.

Thank you - yes I did know that and I did look but there was only 2 others and they too went very fast and not much better location -

Please do not get me wrong I am thrilled to have the larger D cabin wherever it is! Thanks for the help

Which D category did they give you?

Sailing on the Quantum of the sea April 24th from N.J.

Any one have advise on booking meals on the ship.

In order of ease:

iQ app - on your own device or on tablets around the ship

Call from your cabin the venue you want to book

Go to the restaurant

but, if you can, book some of them before you board (via the cruise planner at RCI's web site) - maybe the first 3-4 nights.

I got my cabin today - a D3 in the front of the ship on deck 13. Was hoping for something a little further back, but for the price of the guarantee I'm happy.

Congratulations on the assignment. While I am sure trying the SB would have been fine, you will really enjoy the D3.

I imagine your C&A status had something to do with that - others reading this should not assume they'll get the same kind of an assignment. And as usual, you can move to any other available D3 on the ship.

One should never assume they will get a move up. They could have always moved someone out of an SB with a revenue or status upgrade to make room for the oversold category.

As this was a 'revenue' upgrade assignment, status plays a minimal role. They simply did not have a SB to offer in this case.

On my Quantum sailing, when I changed to a Outside Guarantee, I first got a 'revenue' upgrade to a D7 and then a week prior to sailing I was given a D4 as a 'status' upgrade by C&A.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...