Summit flights home - too early?

CruisinCrow

We're looking at a 12:30 flight home after our Southern Caribbean cruise on Summit. Is that too early? The itinerary says the ship arrives in San Juan at 6 a.m. but I'm not sure what time we would actually get off. Also, this is our first cruise out of San Juan so I'm not familiar with the port or the airport.

The next flight after that one is at 8 p.m. so we could spend the day sightseeing if the 12:30 isn't doable.

We're looking at a 12:30 flight home after our Southern Caribbean cruise on Summit. Is that too early? The itinerary says the ship arrives in San Juan at 6 a.m. but I'm not sure what time we would actually get off. Also, this is our first cruise out of San Juan so I'm not familiar with the port or the airport.

The next flight after that one is at 8 p.m. so we could spend the day sightseeing if the 12:30 isn't doable.

That is plenty of time. It is only about 20 minute from the ship to the airport.

Have done walk off got a cab and was at the gate by 0915.

12:30 is very doable. BTW make sure when you get to the Airport you go through the agricultural line first. You will not be able to check in with the airlines if you don't. I've seen people stand in line to check in only to be turned away to have to go stand in line at the agricultural line. That line goes fast.

San Juan airport gets busier and busier as the day goes on. Start early and you'll have no problem. We lined up to be early for self walk-off and were at the gate before 9 am. We did not check luggage though. There were no lines for security when we arrived.

I would recommend using a taxi rather than shared transportation.

Enjoy your cruise!

Can anyone tell me if the same is true for Ft. Lauderdale? We have an upcoming cruise on Equinox and have a 10:30am return flight. We plan to walk off and grab a cab. Any advice would be appreciated.

You wont have any issues. The last time we went of out Ft Lauderdale we were off the ship and at our gate by 9:00 and we didn't carry our bags off.

Just last month we had a bit of a delay with disembarkation, and still made it to FLL by 8AM and were through security by 8:30. Our flight was 10:30.

To be safe, you must walk off with a flight that early, though.

Edited by huskerc

You wont have any issues. The last time we went of out Ft Lauderdale we were off the ship and at our gate by 9:00 and we didn't carry our bags off.

Thanks chotton. Did you have to make any special arrangements for this or did they set your disembarkation based on your flight?

Thanks chotton. Did you have to make any special arrangements for this or did they set your disembarkation based on your flight?

I got early luggage tags from the Captains Club rep on the ship. I think we had #3 tags.

San Juan airport gets busier and busier as the day goes on. Start early and you'll have no problem. We lined up to be early for self walk-off and were at the gate before 9 am. We did not check luggage though. There were no lines for security when we arrived.

I would recommend using a taxi rather than shared transportation.

Enjoy your cruise!

Agree, we actually took 830am flight two months ago.

And we just asked the people walking off next to us and we shared cab to airport. I think we gave cabbie $30.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app